Voters: 501. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-11-2013, 09:40 PM   #31
We are awaiting our 3rd FR. Each trade due to our need of space. We always shop around, check out other brands. FR quality brings us back AND our dealer is great!! There are a few things we wish could be improved. 1. Furnace has always been really loud. Hoping new one is quieter. 2. The coating on the wood cabinets has a weird finish and it almost seems to chip off when nicked. Gotta be careful. 3. Umm...none. We're good! I do know our very close friends have not been so lucky recently...after 2years they have traded for a used Montana. Happy camping

aallabaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 09:45 PM   #32
I'm in for buying another Forest River product. I love my Mini Lite 2502s. Well built with no problems.

pvillebly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 09:49 PM   #33
We were so impressed with our first FR product (Flagstaff 26WRB) that we returned to FR to purchase our 5th wheel. This time around has not been quite as trouble free, but we have a terrific dealer and Prime Time has been responsive to our warranty needs. We'll most-likely return to the market to upgrade to a Class A rig within two years. FR will be a first consideration, but we tend to do lots of reliability/maintainability research before purchasing any major product, so based on results, we won't automatically rule out other brands.
Scratch sends...
'12 nights camped: 12
'13 nights camped: 24
'14 nights camped:
Scratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:02 PM   #34
I contract to an FR dealer a few times a year for delivery of units. Got to know their service department well. They have a love/hate relationship with FR. Love the fact that there are few presale or comeback issues, hate the fact that not much money is made on warranty work.
Couple years of this and a few factory tours before I decided on my Flagstaff 8528ckws. Had it for 3 months and have used it almost half of that time. The fireplace remote didn't work, replaced within a week...and that's it.
No other problems. It's almost scary. Never mind the other shoe, I keep waiting for the 1st shoe to drop.
I guess you could say I would buy again.

TooLoose - WeTrek

04.5 CTD 2500 Dodge 6spd manual
2014 Flagstaff 8528ckws
elkabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:22 PM   #35
Site Team
2013 tracer 2670bhs / too many problems and shoddy workmanship! just being honest!
traded the tracer for a 2014 Lacrosse 323rts-te-c. much better then the tracer , but thats not saying much, it still spend tooooo much time in the shop and I have unresolved issues to date.
Maybe I should have went to the rally. Sounds like I could of had almost everything fix there except the splintering in the fiberglass.
Quality and forest river? Really I haven't seen it yet.
For those who have lucky you Im envious!!! Every one I know personally has problems with FR products.
When its time to buy again I will shop them all.
Next year is here - GO CUBS- 4 more WINS to go
2014 LaCrosse 323RST-TE-C
2009 CHEVY 2500HD Silverado Z71
2016- 89 nights of camping
Platokidd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:44 PM   #36
Great tt

our 2010 Flagstaff 829FKSS has been great. One minor problem, propane hose defect and one major issue, delamination of the floor, and both were fixed with no other problems. We would definitely buy another and have recommended FR to many of our friends.
rlocicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:50 PM   #37
Have a 2009 Grey Wolf 5er we bought second hand, impressed with it so far. Had a shut off valve on the H\W tank leak and it was difficult to fix but other than that everything works as advertised. It's not a high end model by any means but it's functional and keeps us warm and dry...:-). Would definitely but another Forest River product.

Tim & Jenn
2009 Forest River Grey Wolf 235 5er
2003 F-350 Superduty 6.0 l Diesel
aiscpl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:58 PM   #38
We looked at Heartland units a lot and almost bought one but decided to look around just a bit before pulling the trigger. We ended up finding our Cardinal and found it had more features and in my opinion a better quality fit and finish.
jtaylor1920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 12:54 AM   #39
Yes, I would buy another FR product. We are on our 3rd FR camper now. We currently have a 2014 Sierra 365SAQ. Have had it several months with only 2 minor issues. We did have some issues with one we had but I called FR support and they made sure the dealer got the issue fixed properly.
fishgolf365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 03:18 AM   #40
Alleged curmudgeon

but hopefully not for a long time. After 15 months, we are very happy with the quality of our Forest River (Rockwood) product. We have had very few issues, really like the Windjammer 3008W, and are hopeful it will give us many years of service. So far, we do not have any reason or concern that it will not.

2013 Windjammer 3008W
2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 6.0L w/Equalizer 4
Nights camped: 2012 (29); 2013 (26); 2014 (40); 2015 (43); 2016 (35)
Vern is offline   Reply With Quote

forest river