Voters: 501. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-12-2013, 05:23 AM   #41
We are on our second camper,first Forest River product. Would buy another Forest River product for sure, we love our Grand Lodge 408 loft.

H Pyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 06:18 AM   #42
Yes we would, we now have a Cedar Creek and the plan was to move up to a Mobile Suite but since being at the FROG rally it looks like the Triology is the front runner now, took the factory tour and liked what we saw plus the floor plan when all the slides in was what we liked.

dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 06:23 AM   #43
We are on or first FR product and chose it based on floorplan, features and overall quality/$$, not Brand affiliation. We lover our Sabre, but even so, we hadn't given any thought to what brand out next rig might be....

UNTIL last week.

We just returned from the 2nd International F.R.O.G. Rally in Goshen IN. and saw, first hand, Forest Rivers commitment to service & customer satisfaction. While there, a large army of service techs from all divisions "invaded" the campground providing all kinds of repairs at no charge. We only needed some minor work, but we saw them installing new windows, replacing axles, changing awnings, new toilet, etc.

You can read more at the "2013 FROG International Rally, August 4-10, Goshen, IN " post.
Cathy & Jeff
Midland, Michigan
2013 Sabre 32RCTS / 2012 Ram2500 Hemi
Nights Camped: 2015-140; 2016-137 YTD; 160 Planned
SimchaSabre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:11 AM   #44
I have had 2 Fleetwoods, 2 Thors, and 2 FRs. They were all equal in quality and lack of. I have no brand loyalties, however, if I am in the market again, I would do my due deiligence and whatever brand offers the best value for dollar, in my opinion, would get my business. If it's a Forest River product, then it will be my third.
Lily the Yorkie
2015 Dodge Ram Sport 1500
2015 Crossroads Zinger ZT28BH
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:41 AM   #45
If I had to, I would buy another FR trailer. So far, we have had little trouble with ours. A loose shower hose, fixed while showering the kids off. Installed a small valve on the open-ended overflow hose on the freshwater tank so I don't lose water while traveling. Power tongue jack, corner jacks, and awning still operating as they should. Appliances are all operating correctly. Brought it home June 14, been out four times with it.
We buy based on floor plan, then factor in everything else. The Wildwood we bought was just right.
But hopefully, it will be many years before we have to buy another.
John4th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:41 AM   #46
2011 Forest River Stealth
I am on my second F/R 5ther. I would do it again.
2011 Stealth CSFCK3214
2003 Ford F250 Crew Cab 4X4 7.3
2011 Polaris RZR 4
rwtdct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:53 AM   #47
Phat Phrog Phlunky
Such an interesting question an very timely. We have owned 1 Forest River product, 2012 Grey Wolf 21 RR. We did purchase it based on price point.
We just replaced it with another maker and frankly, are very impressed with the significant increase in quality, fit, and finish. To be fair, we paid twice as much for the new unit.
The decision to purchase another maker was rooted in the fact that the design of the rival FR product was fundamentally flawed based on where they located an entry door in the garage area. The entry door was 1) an option, and 2) was located in the center of the garage wall so when the Happijack bed or benches were down, the door was useless.
I still feel that FR may put too much emphasis on getting product to market at the cost of reasonable thought in the engineering process.
On our 21RR, the entry door was in the back of the trailer despite the practicalities of locating it up front.
Now, I did attend the Frog rally (as a traitor) simply to visit and meet people that I have been talking to on this forum. I have to admit, the attention from the factories that the folks recieved was nothing less than impressive.
So, I would suggest that FR spend a little more time in the design faze, (even on the entry level units since these are the folks that will be buying the bigger units in the future).
To answer the question, YES! I would buy another FR product. But, they need to work on the design cues that come from the field.
At the shows every year I see dealers that have installed options to overcome bad designs from the factory.
I'll stop now
Scot, I am "that guy"
2014 Raptor 27FS
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie
Days camped in 2013 = 30 final.
Days camped in 2014 = 27 final.
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:54 AM   #48
Thank-you all

I can not thank all of you enough for taking the time to answer my questions and do my poll. just waiting now to see if congress will sign a budjet for 2014 that includes my wife and mine government jobs. Then we will purchase one.
quick83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 12:10 PM   #49
We purchased our Crusader 01/2013. DW liked it for the floor plan. Overall quality has been good, minor issue with the table this weekend where the weld broke on the aluminum and the table collapses... I took some JB weld and a clamp and it seems to be holding right now. I would never buy from the dealer I dealt with as they do not know what they are selling nor do they want to know you after the sale, but that is another issue... RV Guy on this forum has been fantastic and I wish I could have made Goshen this year but am hoping for next year...
Golflover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 12:37 PM   #50
Based on experiences to date - I absolutely would buy Forest River again.

Dave, Southern,ON

2009 GMC K1500 4x4 Crew Cab
2012 Roo 23SS
E2 Trunnion WDH (1,000 lb / 10,000 lb)
Dave Lyon is offline   Reply With Quote

forest river