Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-22-2017, 09:51 PM   #181

Outpost RV the center of the RV industry, Goshen, Indiana, YES. Great dealer great after sale service too. Cannot say enough good things about the whole crew.
SidecarFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 09:57 PM   #182

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckerdog1 View Post
RV Outlet Mall in Georgetown TX. YES. Already made multiple buys.

Tuckerdog1
We've bought two from RV Outlet Mall in Georgetown, TX, too. One back in 2000 that we kept for 12 years, then another (the Windjammer 3001W) in 2014. Decent sales experience and good after delivery service for initial warranty issues. Nothing since (except the mouse/rat damage that is pending).
david_reaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 09:58 PM   #183

RV Wholesalers, Lakeview, OH....yes.

2017 Rockwood 2304KS
2017 F250 Lariat 6.2 4X4 Scab SB
ProPride 3P Hitch
Nights Camped 2016 = 31, 2017 = 59, 2018 = 79, 2019 = 78, 2020 = 50, 2021 = 61. 2022 = 84, 2023 = 68
pppitiful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 10:02 PM   #184

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_reaves View Post
We've bought two from RV Outlet Mall in Georgetown, TX, too. One back in 2000 that we kept for 12 years, then another (the Windjammer 3001W) in 2014. Decent sales experience and good after delivery service for initial warranty issues. Nothing since (except the mouse/rat damage that is pending).

seems as though a lot of owners have mouse / rat issues. Not me. I keep a couple hungry barn cats in the barn with my unit and other than whizzing on the tires, no rodent issues whatsoever.

Hard to beat a hungry tabby.
SidecarFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 08:51 AM   #185

Fun Town Cleburne, Tx

Never ever again

Horrible customer service after the sale.

and like the sig says

My last FR product.
Old 01-23-2017, 09:11 AM   #186

Brooks Camper Sales Connellsville PA (2 purchases) - Absolutely.

Beckleys Camping Center -Thurmond MD - Absolutely.

Campers Inn Pittsburgh PA - As of two weeks ago that was an Absolutely until I received the call from their "Concierge" service. It started out as what seemed to be a genuine call caring about how satisfied we were with everything, since April is the 1 year since purchase date. When I relayed the few issues I had which were mostly caused by FR and satisfactory resolved by the dealer for the most part, the lady quickly showed how much she was not interested in hearing any of it and went into her aggressive extended warranty sales pitch which was apparently the reason for the call to begin with.

The absolutely is now an "I highly doubt it".

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Forest River Forums mobile app
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 09:23 AM   #187

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
Tom Johnson use to be known for there high quality service department. I brought 3 campers from Tom's son in law, Tim Poteat But C/W brought them out and now with different people in the service department they are not the same. I would like to trade up one day to a Cedar Creek 36CKTS but I will not look at Tom Johnson (Camping World) in Marion, NC nor will I tell anyone it's a great place to buy a camper at, just the opposite. STAY AWAY FROM TOM JOHNSON

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

our campground host in Roan Mt. worked for Tom Johnson, he told us that when CW bought them they let about 90% of the folks including him go and brought in new people, i just don't understand why fix something that ain't broke
rp53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 09:27 AM   #188

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
Brooks Camper Sales Connellsville PA (2 purchases) - Absolutely.

Beckleys Camping Center -Thurmond MD - Absolutely.

Campers Inn Pittsburgh PA - As of two weeks ago that was an Absolutely until I received the call from their "Concierge" service. It started out as what seemed to be a genuine call caring about how satisfied we were with everything, since April is the 1 year since purchase date. When I relayed the few issues I had which were mostly caused by FR and satisfactory resolved by the dealer for the most part, the lady quickly showed how much she was not interested in hearing any of it and went into her aggressive extended warranty sales pitch which was apparently the reason for the call to begin with.

The absolutely is now an "I highly doubt it".

Mr. H, I'm gathering you've never been in sales. Just remember that this is how she earns a living. Doesn't mean you or I have to buy an extended warranty. I get junk mail regularly from Ford and Polaris wanting me to buy extended warranties for my truck and ATVs. I simply toss it. And I'd gladly buy either of those 2 brands in the future. I actually once had a rep from Best Buy call me wanting me to extend the warranty on a TV I had purchased almost 3 years before. Apparently I had originally purchased the 3 year and it was about to expire. I was shocked, because I almost NEVER buy any type of extended warranty. What's funny is that just a few days prior to that call, a vertical line appeared in the screen. Ended up getting a brand new TV, a much newer model with higher screen resolution for free!!!! Would have been out over $600 for the replacement without that sales call!!!!! Talk about a back fire for Best Buy!!!
dustman_stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 09:43 AM   #189

[QUOTE=dustman_stx;1405168]Mr. H, I'm gathering you've never been in sales. Just remember that this is how she earns a living. QUOTE]

My thoughts as well. But having said that, after getting numerous calls about everything from pharmaceuticals, time shares, computer viruses, home improvements, it does get a little annoying.....
Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 09:52 AM   #190

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustman_stx View Post
Mr. H, I'm gathering you've never been in sales. Just remember that this is how she earns a living.
No sir, never in sales. I get it.

All she had to do was start off the conversation with the true intent, not lay on a bunch of BS on first. Sure I might have not, actually would have not bought into it, but I take issue with the tactics used. No big deal whatsoever.

Old 01-23-2017, 09:59 AM   #191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
No sir, never in sales. I get it.

All she had to do was start off the conversation with the true intent, not lay on a bunch of BS on first. Sure I might have not, actually would have not bought into it, but I take issue with the tactics used. No big deal whatsoever.

I hear ya. Sometimes you run into a salesperson and just wonder to yourself "Does this line of crap ever actually work???" I had one sales guy on an RV lot one time pull the "We can get you a great deal on this one if you buy today." I responded that he'd give me a great deal any day I buy or I wouldn't be buying one at all. Wasn't long before he had an
"appointment" and excused himself never to be seen again.
dustman_stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 10:15 AM   #192

1st Camper- 2008 Forest River Wildwood used at Porter RV in Anderson, SC - yes. nice people but they just did not have, what we was looking for.

2nd Camper 2016 Vibe 268rks - Camping World of Hendersonville, NC- NEVER AGAIN.
After we bought, while doing the paperwork, they tried to talk me into all this aftersales crap, even though I told him over an hour, that I'm not interested and to skip all that stuff- I just want to pay and leave- well- obviously the guy was not interested in what I said and it took forever, until we was done with the paperwork and I had to sign everywhere, that I declined all his extra stuff. was annoying.
Promises not kept, after sales horrible, rude staff, never answering the phone and if you have warranty work, they lying through their teeth.

What I learned is- Forest River has issues- like every other manufacturer too. Trust me- no matter what you buy- they're all the same. But- if you have problems, it's not Forest River- it's the dealer. Dealer are telling you lie after lie, why your camper is still not repaired- just call the customer service, you will find out, that they do everything to help you. Everything stands or falls with the dealer.
chrisf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 10:27 AM   #193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper View Post
Scenic RV, Baraboo, WI. absolutely, during walk-through the salesman noticed a small rip in the vinyl flooring in living-room. He pointed it out and said he would not sell it to us. They had the same one with carpeting in Slinger, WI. that we got 2 days later.
+1, took delivery of a new unit in Mid-November. PDI was great and they fixed everything prior to delivery and one item after delivery. Only camped two nights in it and have nothing on the "to be fixed" list. I thought that they gave me a nice value on my trade and in working with us to eliminate any trade and sales issues. I would deal with them again.
Seasonal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 11:06 AM   #194

Roskopf's RV in Richfield, WI. Smallish family owned business. I've bought all 3 of my campers from them (and they're 114 miles from me - 3 dealers in my town, but none carry Roo's/Shamrocks or Mini/Micro Lites). Gary Roskpf sold me my popup back in 1987 when we were both "kids;" now his dad's retired and he's running the business. I felt I've always gotten a fair deal, and I felt I got a pretty good trade-in on my Roo 19 for my Mini Lite 2503S. So yeah, I'd buy from him again.

I've never had to go back for service, so to be completely honest, I can't speak to that side of his business.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 11:24 AM   #195

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp53 View Post
our campground host in Roan Mt. worked for Tom Johnson, he told us that when CW bought them they let about 90% of the folks including him go and brought in new people, i just don't understand why fix something that ain't broke
What a terrible business model CW has! Tom Johnson always made sure customers were treated right.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 11:57 AM   #196

Here's my opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisf65 View Post
1st Camper- 2008 Forest River Wildwood used at Porter RV in Anderson, SC - yes. nice people but they just did not have, what we was looking for.

2nd Camper 2016 Vibe 268rks - Camping World of Hendersonville, NC- NEVER AGAIN.
After we bought, while doing the paperwork, they tried to talk me into all this aftersales crap, even though I told him over an hour, that I'm not interested and to skip all that stuff- I just want to pay and leave- well- obviously the guy was not interested in what I said and it took forever, until we was done with the paperwork and I had to sign everywhere, that I declined all his extra stuff. was annoying.
Promises not kept, after sales horrible, rude staff, never answering the phone and if you have warranty work, they lying through their teeth.

What I learned is- Forest River has issues- like every other manufacturer too. Trust me- no matter what you buy- they're all the same. But- if you have problems, it's not Forest River- it's the dealer. Dealer are telling you lie after lie, why your camper is still not repaired- just call the customer service, you will find out, that they do everything to help you. Everything stands or falls with the dealer.
There would be a lot fewer "issues" for the lying dealers to lie to you about if the manufacturers would put some of their profits into better production methods, better materials and QC that actually did anything. So while I have no doubt there are a lot of poor performing dealers with poorly trained maintenance staff, there is a lot of junk being produced and sold.

Just my opinion and probably not too widely held...
KatanaPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 12:26 PM   #197

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatanaPilot View Post
There would be a lot fewer "issues" for the lying dealers to lie to you about if the manufacturers would put some of their profits into better production methods, better materials and QC that actually did anything. So while I have no doubt there are a lot of poor performing dealers with poorly trained maintenance staff, there is a lot of junk being produced and sold.

X2

Old 01-23-2017, 12:32 PM   #198
Site Team

Resounding Yes, we have bought five RV's from Three Way Campers in Marietta, Georgia in the last twenty years. Three travel trailers and two motor homes. Three Way is a honest family owned business who strives to do the right thing in all of their departments. No problem recommending them to anyone...
Old 01-23-2017, 01:10 PM   #199

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatanaPilot View Post

Katana Pilot- you're right. But I work in manufacturing environment and I know, what the struggle is. Campers are so complex and a lot has to do with suppliers. wires too short (you can't measure every one of them before you put it in), glue takes too long to stick or not long enough, fittings have a too high tolerance- plus you have the problem- other than at a car or truck- the whole camper moves in it self more than you think, where a loose screw can cause a lot of damage. Plus the workers have just 2 minutes time for their task for example- and if they do something, what can't be inspected at check points, you'll never find it. Things work at the final test, the camper gets transported and it breaks. Not an excuse, but this is just a scratch in the surface of manufacturing. if you would make everything 100% foolproof, you would not be able to afford an RV no more. That's just about it- it's a compromise of affordability and quality. As long as I have somebody who knows what to do and how to fix it, and doing it right the first time, I have no problem. The problem starts, when they overload their shop, when they have unskilled workers and unskilled office- associates, who don't even know, how to enter a correct warranty claim. And I can live with: we have lot to do, it can take a while, or we broke something, we order it and replace it. But don't tell me, the manufacturer has parts backordered. that's the lie I believe least.
chrisf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 01:22 PM   #200

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
Roskopf's RV in Richfield, WI. Smallish family owned business. I've bought all 3 of my campers from them (and they're 114 miles from me - 3 dealers in my town, but none carry Roo's/Shamrocks or Mini/Micro Lites). Gary Roskpf sold me my popup back in 1987 when we were both "kids;" now his dad's retired and he's running the business. I felt I've always gotten a fair deal, and I felt I got a pretty good trade-in on my Roo 19 for my Mini Lite 2503S. So yeah, I'd buy from him again.

I've never had to go back for service, so to be completely honest, I can't speak to that side of his business.
The trailer we traded at Scenic RV, Baraboo, WI was purchased from Gary Roskopf at Roskopf's RV. Gary is very straight forward and easy to deal with. Never used their service department either because we never required warranty work. Roskopf's RV in Richfield, WI is a great place too.
Seasonal is offline   Reply With Quote