Old 05-29-2014, 07:43 PM   #1

WOW! (again!) CRA Resorts

My wife and I just got scratch offs from the Pismo Beach Club!

We each won $1,000.00 in camping, a $300.00 Android tablet, and a $100.00 gas certificate!

We must be the luckiest family in the world. CRL sends us these winning tickets to us about every two weeks, but if you read the small print, not so.

One winner per family, etc., etc. My FIL went on one of these to somewhere on the Colorado River, and all they got was a bunch of seminars with 'shills', take-over salesmen, and all, just like the old Florida land schemes.

Although he was quite well-to-do, they said that all he qualified for was the gas card, since he missed a seminar.

And he had to argue with them to get that.

Watch your behinds, folks. They're everywhere.

Not to say that these aren't pretty nice places, but the sales tactics really suck pond water!

JMWIO.

1984 19.5' Beachcraft i/o 5.o liter, 4-bbl (and you thought your Moho sucked gas!)
D/W Carole and Maggie the Teacup Lab (Black Chihuahua)
Freds342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 11:00 AM   #2

If you get an offer for a free 3 day cruise to the Bahama's look out!!

Camped 2016-71, 2017-33, 2018-29 booked
BooBoo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 11:29 AM   #3
CLT
Next Gen Camperbot 5000XL

If there wasn't a sucker born every minute, sales promos like this wouldn't be around. However, there is a sucker born every second.
Old 05-30-2014, 12:42 PM   #4

We found a way around some these type pitches. We accepts a three day stay at a campground and agree to sit through the sales pitch. Before the pitch, when you are asked to fill out an info card, list your income at the lowest level, say 10-20k per year.

Every time we have been excused from the sales pitch and told to have a nice stay.

2016 F250 2WD CC SB XLT 6.2 3.73 3,295 lb payload cap.
2014 Salem Hemisphere 282RK 8k lbs loaded, Equal-i-zer WDH, TST 507 TPMS
2017: 4 nights camped, 12 booked
Teamfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 12:52 PM   #5
CLT
Next Gen Camperbot 5000XL

HAHA! Yeah, you really meant per month but just checked the wrong box. Funny.
Old 05-30-2014, 01:08 PM   #6

Does this come with a self stamped or metered mail stamp on a return envelope?

If it does as well as any "preapproved" credit card junk cut your name and address off place all the paper in the return envelope as well as the envelope it was mailed to you in and mail it back.

It may seem like too much effort to do that but it will cost them some money, very little but if enough people do this it will add up.
Old 05-30-2014, 01:24 PM   #7
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
Does this come with a self stamped or metered mail stamp on a return envelope?

If it does as well as any "preapproved" credit card junk cut your name and address off place all the paper in the return envelope as well as the envelope it was mailed to you in and mail it back.

It may seem like too much effort to do that but it will cost them some money, very little but if enough people do this it will add up.
We do this all the time!
I actually put other junk mail in their envelope and visas versa.
The more you can cram in the more it cost them !

TURBS

"Sabre owners united"
Old 05-30-2014, 01:30 PM   #8

I used to receive mailings from an organization that I vehemently disagreed with. They would send me return postage paid cards to send in my donation. I've mailed them several bricks, a couple of cinder blocks, a few concrete blocks, and other assorted items. I checked with my local post office first and they confirmed that the receiver had to pay the postage on these items. I mailed all of them from the post office since I liked my mailman and wouldn't want him to have to carry all that weight while completing his rounds. The counter guys/gals at the post office didn't care for that organization either and got a laugh out of it each time I showed up.

The same organization also had a 1-800 number for donations. I was told that each call cost the organization $0.50. I called numerous times and asked to be taken off their mailing list. I also let them know I did not support their organization in any way shape or form. I continued to receive mailings, but, my phone number was blocked from calling them! I then resorted to using nearby pay phones (remember those!). I apparently called often enough that they blocked those pay phone numbers also . . .

After a few years, the organization finally figured out that I was not going to contribute and stopped sending me requests for donations.
V-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 01:44 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Man View Post
I used to receive mailings from an organization that I vehemently disagreed with. They would send me return postage paid cards to send in my donation. I've mailed them several bricks, a couple of cinder blocks, a few concrete blocks, and other assorted items. I checked with my local post office first and they confirmed that the receiver had to pay the postage on these items. I mailed all of them from the post office since I liked my mailman and wouldn't want him to have to carry all that weight while completing his rounds. The counter guys/gals at the post office didn't care for that organization either and got a laugh out of it each time I showed up.

The same organization also had a 1-800 number for donations. I was told that each call cost the organization $0.50. I called numerous times and asked to be taken off their mailing list. I also let them know I did not support their organization in any way shape or form. I continued to receive mailings, but, my phone number was blocked from calling them! I then resorted to using nearby pay phones (remember those!). I apparently called often enough that they blocked those pay phone numbers also . . .

After a few years, the organization finally figured out that I was not going to contribute and stopped sending me requests for donations.
AARP?
1984 19.5' Beachcraft i/o 5.o liter, 4-bbl (and you thought your Moho sucked gas!)
D/W Carole and Maggie the Teacup Lab (Black Chihuahua)
Freds342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 02:09 PM   #10

Hilarious V-Man!!

Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote