Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2019, 08:37 AM   #1

Wow just wow!

So we were camping at a beautiful spot right by the beach at McCulloghs landing near Perth Ontario. It was midnight and I was just reading my book by fire when I hear the guy next door come out rummage around and then hear water running. I thought ok just washing something? It then proceeded to get louder and more water. I turned on my flashlight and he was dumping his grey tank no less than 15 feet from the lake and beach!!! I asked him why are you dumping your tank aside from the smell and food bits all around now. He says his tank is overflowing and its coming up his bathtub. I said well if you dont use your sinks or shower it wont get any worse. He starts yelling saying it was an emergency and blah blah. Goes back in his RV that he could drive anytime up to the dumpstation. Next morning I let the CG owner know what happened. Turns out this guy was so cheap he owed the CG 75bucks in marina fees for his jet ski he never asked if he could tie up to dock and he refused to pay for dumping after he got his free one for the 3 nights he was staying. CG owner went down and told him to pack up and get out. I just couldnt believe somebody would do that right at the edge of a lake! Where kids are splashing and playing. I of course got a bunch of dirty looks and possibly the finger as he pulled out at 830am next morning.
Nerve of some people
AceCombat is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-12-2019, 08:38 AM   #2

Good for you! No need to put up with that crap

"Is this a game show?"
sugarray40 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-12-2019, 08:41 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceCombat View Post
Nerve of some people
Probably my one real worry about camping...there are always people who kinda suck. We're not exactly social butterflies.

2017 Rockwood Mini Lite 2503s
2016 Ford F 150 3.5 L Ecoboost
Mrs.Shockley is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-12-2019, 09:09 AM   #4

A clandestine midnight holding tank dump onto the ground would get my jugular quivering.
I would have woke up the campground host and got the adam henry evicted right then and there.
Good for you for speaking up.
Old 08-12-2019, 09:28 AM   #5
Just as confused as you

Had the same thing happen several years ago. A fellow with a mh decided he needed to dump his grey water in the middle of the night. Funny part was it had been raining for the past 1-1/2 days and his site was in a low spot which was already saturated. He was gone before sunrise the next morning. The evidence was still on the ground when the cg crew came through doing morning garbage pickup and inspecting the sites.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-12-2019, 09:32 AM   #6

You know. In an emergency one could put 5 gallons into a bucket and carry it to the restroom.

Being a jerk is not necessary!
tomkatb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-12-2019, 10:03 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceCombat View Post
So we were camping at a beautiful spot right by the beach at McCulloghs landing near Perth Ontario. It was midnight and I was just reading my book by fire when I hear the guy next door come out rummage around and then hear water running. I thought ok just washing something? It then proceeded to get louder and more water. I turned on my flashlight and he was dumping his grey tank no less than 15 feet from the lake and beach!!! I asked him why are you dumping your tank aside from the smell and food bits all around now. He says his tank is overflowing and its coming up his bathtub. I said well if you dont use your sinks or shower it wont get any worse. He starts yelling saying it was an emergency and blah blah. Goes back in his RV that he could drive anytime up to the dumpstation. Next morning I let the CG owner know what happened. Turns out this guy was so cheap he owed the CG 75bucks in marina fees for his jet ski he never asked if he could tie up to dock and he refused to pay for dumping after he got his free one for the 3 nights he was staying. CG owner went down and told him to pack up and get out. I just couldnt believe somebody would do that right at the edge of a lake! Where kids are splashing and playing. I of course got a bunch of dirty looks and possibly the finger as he pulled out at 830am next morning.
Nerve of some people
I stayed at McCulloughs earlier this summer. Ian has a honey wagon for pump outs. Guess the guy was too cheap for that. Unreal
OburgOrange is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-12-2019, 04:03 PM   #8

This reminds me of the cousin Eddy RV dump scene in "National Lampoon Christmas Vacation".
Old 08-12-2019, 04:35 PM   #9

I agree with everyone here but I must that when we tented (and we tented for over 30 years) we dumped our wash water in the bush. Everyone did and probably still does.
larryo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-13-2019, 06:54 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by OburgOrange View Post
I stayed at McCulloughs earlier this summer. Ian has a honey wagon for pump outs. Guess the guy was too cheap for that. Unreal

Ian is a great guy. I was impressed that he values the enviroment more than bit of cash. Hes a hardworking guy
We have camped there 4 weekends this year and my girls are wanting to get a seasonal site there next year.
Old 08-13-2019, 06:58 AM   #11

First popups we had, every drop of gray water from the sink, watered every tree around the campsite.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-13-2019, 07:03 AM   #12
Site Team

Every time this subject comes up it eventually goes rogue.
People have very strong opinions about dumping gray water.
Do NOT turn this thread into a flame war.
IF you have posted your gray water horror stories before there is no need to repeat yourself here.
Please play nice!!!
2016 Evergreen Everlite 242RBS
29' empty nest model. Blue Ox WD hitch
(1 queen bed, large main cabin and huge bathroom)
Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41, 2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-44, 2017-63, 2018-75, 2019-32, 2020-41, 2021-49, 2022-43, 2023-66
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-15-2019, 10:33 AM   #13

I am by no means perfect. I have dumped the dush water in the bush. Back when we were tenting or in the popup we used to have. Now that I have a proper holdi g tank though I only dump it at the station. It was just shocking that he would do it so close to the shoreline and swimming area. Im talking no less that 12ft from waters edge and it is all rock and stone from his MHs back end to the water so it just sat there stinking for most of the morning. It was a hot day so it dried up quick.