Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2015, 12:19 AM   #1

xlr 375

We love our new XLR 375 Amp toy hauler that is 2 weeks old. We spent a couple of nights in the coach right after purchase on our way home. We are using the garage as extra living space and currently have found only have a few minor issues that my repair shop will address under warranty. Others, I'll fix myself. However, I have a few design complaints that probably should be addressed if the XLR folks happen to read my post. I'm looking out for you.

1) You have to do something different with the bathroom door. It is absolutely the worst design I've seen in recent yrs as far as design. We did not notice it prior to purchase but after staying in the couch, quickly learned it's a bad design. My DW is not a kluts but has fallen off the stair twice due to the door swing. Ever thought about putting the door swing in the opposite direction? I will remove the door and put an accordion door in so this doesn't happen again. I would think the liability would be a concern. I understand your limited on the 375 model but there is a solution.

2) The shower enclosure. I'm not sure what to say about it except its cheap. What happened to the sliding doors you put in all the other models. I noticed it right off but said we'll try it. I've seen these in other brands so it may be something new everyone is using but they let water on the floor. Oh, and if you don't caulk both sides of the frame from the factory, they leak. No worries, i'm going to fix it myself. Has anyone ever fallen through that thin plastic enclosure?

3) There is not an amber light under the entry steps on the outside. I know, it's a convenience feature but they are nice if your out after dark.

Everything about the 375 fits our life style. Again, so far we love it and plan on getting many years of use from our new coach. These were just a couple of items we noticed that I did not feel were up to par with a Forest River product as this is not my first one. Also, my dealer did not tell me about the extended warranty from Forest River. Glad I already knew about it from this site.
previous 2014 Sierra 360PDEK
previous 2013 Evergreen I-Go
ghostrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
xlr