Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-04-2011, 08:14 PM   #21

Hi All,

I took the trailer in to have it serviced and asked the dealership to look into why the satellite radio wasn't working. They reported back to me that it had not been properly plugged in to the back of the stereo unit. No explanation why, don't really need one but at least now I know it works.
redhotcrew2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:00 AM   #22
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhotcrew2004 View Post
Hi All,

I took the trailer in to have it serviced and asked the dealership to look into why the satellite radio wasn't working. They reported back to me that it had not been properly plugged in to the back of the stereo unit. No explanation why, don't really need one but at least now I know it works.
This is why we say to check the wiring for ANY issue you may be having just to be sure we are starting from a solid foundation. Once we are sure everything is hooked up properly we can start to troubleshoot beyond that.

I am GLAD it worked out.

We have an XM Onyx wall plate that we will be making available at retail shortly. I will keep you posted...
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:11 PM   #23

Dont buy a Lifetime XM deal if your radio is a factory installed unit in your Car,Truck, dash ! When you get a NEW vechile the XM stays with the old unit,NO Transfer! If it is a aftermarket XM unit you can transfer it (3) times! Dont ask how I know! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:36 PM   #24
Site Team - Lou

I hate that company; although I have two radios turned on (truck and camper) with annual contracts.
If I can only just break even one day, I will be dumping my shares. I should have bought more at 0.12 cents and I would be "out" by now.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 03:04 PM   #25

We received an XM radio with our new TT also. Mine came with the car kit and that I could get a dock for it and use it in the house too so I decided that I would look into it. I did a little research online, there are a lot of angry people out there in regards to the services, customer service and billing issues. I think I am going to pass for now.

Happy Camping all!
Hurry up spring!!!
Old 01-13-2011, 02:05 PM   #26
Owner - RVtronics

For every unhappy person there are plenty of happy people who say nothing.

SiriusXM offers a service for a price that is fair and reasonable IF YOU WANT THE SERVICE. I love when I drive from Elkhart, IN to Boston, MA and only need to change the channel a few times! Yes I also have an iPod and CDs, but it is not really one versus the other. It is more like "what do I want to listen to right now". Choice is a great thing!

Also if you like sports you can always hear your favorite team and I really like the traffic feature as well. Many times approaching a city (especially NYC) you can hear the conditions and decide whether to go through or around it! That could save you HOURS!

I would NOT recommend basing your choice SOLELY on someone else's opinion. If you are that worried about it, call them up. I bet they would give you some sort of trial or two months for one so you can make your decision based on experience.

Disclaimer - I personally know several VPs who work in the aftermarket and I can tell you that they care if your happy or not! Give them a try.
(781) 281-9440
Old 01-13-2011, 08:06 PM   #27
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
I hate that company; although I have two radios turned on (truck and camper) with annual contracts.
If I can only just break even one day, I will be dumping my shares. I should have bought more at 0.12 cents and I would be "out" by now.
Well, I guess that was a bit strong in retrospect. The fact that it took 10 years to get close to my average cost per share had something to do with it.

Another thing that got my goat was I was with Sirius before the merger (and had 2 radios) and had hoped to turn on the XM in my truck as a second radio and get rid of the contraption I was using to feed the signal into the truck antenna. No such luck. As far as I know, even though they are now merged, the XM part of the company STILL does not talk to the Sirius part of the company. I had to have two FULL paid subscriptions to use the XM in the truck. When I got the camper, it had XM SkyFi. So I tried to cancel the remainder of my 3 year contract with Sirius and get a "store credit" added to my new XM contract. Sorry, no soap. So I lost a year of service to a relative when I gave them my radios. Now I just have the truck and I share the SkyFi with the wife's car. We pull it and reinstall it in the camper when we go.

I do use XM a lot. While expensive, I like the financial channels and the ability to listen to what I like, when I like, wherever I am. The SkyFi has a "read ahead" function that allows you to not lose signal when you go under overpasses (just don't stop there).
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:44 PM   #28
Owner - RVtronics

I hear ya man, I feel the same way about GM!

I think it is insane that I have lost my investment of after tax income in a government bailout that also gave a huge part of the company to the organization that helped caused the bankruptcy in the first place.

In the free enterprise system the whole thing should have died and some one else should have started something else with their own or investors money. Not with my tax dollars!

Where is MY BAILOUT???
(781) 281-9440