Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-10-2010, 03:01 PM   #1

xm radio

I just got off the phone with XM Radio account services, they turned off my radio over a passed due amount , on a radio that is paid up until July 2011. 2 "YO Zippies" later the rep sent me to her supervisor, who after looking at the account and a lot of heavy breathing into her headset found a billing error in my favor, and they now owe me money .

Ok, here is where it gets good, they wanted to charge me to reactivate the radio, with the credit on my account after fixing the billing error, I still owed them $1.60 for a reactivation charge and I would have to pay that before they would reactivate the radio .

A hour later I have the radio working (I hope) at least for now, just watch your account with these people the "computers are making errors", I guess they don't understand a computer only does what a human tells them what to do. "data in, data out".

Just a rant.

Michael
Old 12-10-2010, 04:43 PM   #2

Had XM in my two family cars. Loved having the choices but after two years of them screwing up their accounting and never getting them to straighten it out I finally gave up. Now i just hum to myself and keep my blood pressure in line.
Really not sure how they keep in buisness.
peskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 05:30 PM   #3
Big Daddy

Interesting that this thread was started today. I spent a good deal of time on the phone with Xm this morning.

Let me take a step back and say that I have nothing against people in other countries competing for jobs, nor do I have a problem with American companies trying to control costs. What I do have a problem with is companies who sacrafice customer service for the sake of saving money. While the CSRs I spoke with may have called themselves Steve and JoAnne, it was immediately clear that English was NOT their primary language.....probably not even their second.

If I apologized once I apologized 50 times for not understanding what the CSR had just said. Seriously, I shouldn't have to ask you to repeat every sentence because your ability to speak English is so poor.

In spite of the fact that I'd called just to ask a couple of questions, by the end of the call I had cancelled service for both my vehicles. It seemed that the most common word during my half hour call was "Fee." The word fee was included in the answer to almost every question I had.

I've enjoyed the programming and commercial-free broadcast but I refuse to give my money to a company that seems unconcerned that their customer's face a hassle every time they have a billing question or want to make changes to their subscription.

Time to install a couple HD receivers I guess.
MuzzledRooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 09:12 PM   #4

Same thing here. We've had XM for many years, and even though we pay a year in advance on two different radios, they can't keep the accounting straight. They send threatening letters months before payment is due. Too bad that such a great product is compromised by customer service people who can't figure out what is going on.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 06:21 AM   #5

I guess I am more fortunate. I am a Sirius Canada subscriber in Nova Scotia, Canada and have had service for about 4 years now and love it being a big Nascar fan. Have a tuner for Pioneer stereo in the truck and my older Starmate 4 in the trailer for when camping. As for customer service, I found out one day from the odd accent that the call center is located right in Nova Scotia and have never had any issues adding, removing, activating or anything like that.
rockin'ray is offline   Reply With Quote