Old 06-15-2015, 04:38 PM   #31

old airmech......that is a ground wire....if you disconnect it and turn switch off [i.e. fuel off] then the plug is not being grounded and motor continues to run til carb dry.
maybe we are talking different wires...your way seems to add a lot of xtra work. I also have two 2000's that I buss together.....just sayin !!

Old 06-15-2015, 05:32 PM   #32

You're correct it is the ground wire, I have only done it twice since I bought them and was going off memory. Still it is pretty quick start to finish and run till she shuts off.

I also join them together with the Honda harness and if I set them to Eco mode (low idle) I can run anything and it will only ramp up when it needs to. I mostly went this route as two EU2000's are easy to store and carry and the bonus is they can run my air conditioning and with a big Yellow Labrador that's all that matters.

Old 06-15-2015, 08:03 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewhedd View Post
That is a major issue. Looking online I found an extended run kit for the Yams that does not require the tank to be higher than the generator at PinellasPower. It has a fuel pump of some type for the tank, downside is they want $250 for it without the tank. A machined cap is also available for gravity feed but you would have to fabricate everything else and I'm not sure how that setup would perform. There is not much info online about the gravity feed tank setup and if it will actually work without leaking at the cap. Obviously leaking gas could be devastating.

As much as I like the Yam's for the reasons already stated I may go with the Honda's due to the fact that Wise Sales sells a "plug and play" extended run tank that is proven.
Correction- The kit from pinellas power consists of a fuel pump mounted on the motor that runs from crankcase pulse pressure. It comes with hoses and fittings, tank not included. It costs $250 plus another $40 for a tank. I have not seen a kit from them for a dual gen setup meaning the end cost for 2 will be in the $540 range. I think I am going with the Hondas and an extended run setup from wise. Total cost wil be about $2200.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:22 PM   #34

i like 40 hours on 20lb propane.

Tri-Fuel Kit for Honda EU2000i
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tri-Fuel Kit Honda EU2000 - generatorsales.com‎

Adwww.generatorsales.com/Tri-Fuel-Kit‎

LP Gas, Natural Gas & Gas Runs 40+ hours on 20 lb LP tank!
Old 06-15-2015, 08:35 PM   #35

did this awhile back

Click image for larger version

Name:	P5120003.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	422.9 KB
ID:	80083

Click image for larger version

Name:	P5110002.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	370.7 KB
ID:	80084
Old 06-16-2015, 08:43 AM   #36
SCHYBOLT

I have a 30 amp tt. What size gen do I need to run lights, TV, microwave and AC, all at the same time?
Old 06-16-2015, 01:41 PM   #37
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by schybolt View Post
I have a 30 amp tt. What size gen do I need to run lights, TV, microwave and AC, all at the same time?
Minimum of 3000w.
How many btu's is the a/c?
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 09:10 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by schybolt View Post
To supply 30 amps that would be 3600 watts, running watts not starting watts. Probably looking at a 4500 wattt gen. The Honda 3000 wattt would have a hard time running a 15000 btu ac unit and a microwave. The two Honda 2000 watt gen setup supplies 26 continuous amps.
Old 06-17-2015, 07:24 PM   #39

I purchased 2 Yamaha's because of the 4 year warranty. I believe that whichever flavor you prefer, Honda or Yamaha, they will almost always serve your needs if you maintain them properly. I have been very happy with mine on the few occasions that they have been used.
Travel safe
Old 06-17-2015, 07:52 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewhedd View Post
I have not seen a kit from them for a dual gen setup meaning the end cost for 2 will be in the $540 range.
There are other kits out there placing the fuel pump on the tank side and feeds dual genny's.

DIY Yamaha gravity fed dual genny extended run fuel hose w/fuel filter, bulb pump, single/dual selection, and marine fuel quick connectors. Cost: $55 + $40 for the moeller marine 6 gallon tank with fuel gauge.

Total: $95

I haven't clipped the hose clamps and tidied it up yet ("why do today what you can put off until tomorrow", but works like a charm.

Tags
generator