Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 01:04 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustman_stx View Post
If the left lane is running at the speed limit then it makes no difference that I can see if it's declared a "passing lane" or not. You're not legally allowed to go faster than the posted speed limit regardless of whether or not you are passing. .
Don't want to break your heart here. I was a police officer in GA, AL KS & MN. My absolute favorite ticket to write was the guy in the left lane going 65 in a 65. All I needed for my impeding the flow of traffic ticket was to observe one vehicle behind you needing to brake.

Went to court many times with people contesting stating I was going the speed limit. The only question the prosecutor/US Magistrate asked was: did you see any vehicles approaching you or vehicles in your lane that needed to slow down?

Answer was always yes with the exception of a man who said no I must not have been paying attention. The judge said that is fine then $350.oo for inattentive driving plus court costs. I get on my mom all the time about her and the speed limit. People traveling in the left (fast) lane are the cause of most major accidents.
Old 04-13-2017, 01:07 PM   #42

You are all wrong! If you run I 95, the left lane is for High end cars, New Yorkers and Canadians. Stay out of their way and all will be good!
Old 04-13-2017, 01:34 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11842seankeny View Post
Add Oregon to the list.we have a Impeding traffic law three or more Vehicles you need
to pull over and let them buy or you will get a ticket.
Another one is flow of traffic example three or more cars doing 80mph in a posted 65mph
is legal on highways and Freeways.This falls under are basic rule law.
So all the Left hand Larrys have fun paying the $200.00 ticket. if you do not like do not come to Oregon.

So in Oregon, if you and 2 other vehicles head out on a road trip you can set your own speed limit???? I'm pretty confident that is NOT the way it works in Texas. Can you post a link to that law- I'd really like to see how that's worded.
Old 04-13-2017, 01:38 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustman_stx View Post
Now couple this with the law that states it is illegal to exceed a posted speed limit and you've got the whole picture. Only thing I've stated that is outside of the law you posted is if the right lane is in a state of disrepair and unsafe for travel I WILL not travel in it.
Possibly YOU are unsafe and should travel off the interstate highways or maybe by bus?
Old 04-13-2017, 01:44 PM   #45

Left Lane Larrys and Left Lane Lisas ~~ they either lack common sense, are arrogant, have an over active ego, feel they have the right to control traffic, are mentally challenged or a combination of the last along with one or more of the previous! No matter, they should receive tickets and only travel by bus.
Old 04-13-2017, 01:47 PM   #46

Dustman STX
Look up Oregon DMV basic ruie.
Old 04-13-2017, 01:50 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyShope View Post
Don't want to break your heart here. I was a police officer in GA, AL KS & MN. My absolute favorite ticket to write was the guy in the left lane going 65 in a 65. All I needed for my impeding the flow of traffic ticket was to observe one vehicle behind you needing to brake.

Went to court many times with people contesting stating I was going the speed limit. The only question the prosecutor/US Magistrate asked was: did you see any vehicles approaching you or vehicles in your lane that needed to slow down?

Answer was always yes with the exception of a man who said no I must not have been paying attention. The judge said that is fine then $350.oo for inattentive driving plus court costs. I get on my mom all the time about her and the speed limit. People traveling in the left (fast) lane are the cause of most major accidents.
Holy cow- a point is difficult to get across accurately in text. I NEVER said ANYTHING about legality- so you're going to have a hard time "breaking my heart" about a point I never made. My point was a logical deduction that you CANNOT impede traffic IF you are traveling at the speed limit UNLESS the other drivers are SPEEDING. Following the laws of logic- they therefore are ALREADY breaking the law by speeding since it is physically impossible to impede someone traveling at or below your speed. And you seem to be stating that you would actually intentionally let people that are speeding go and ticket the person for "impeding traffic." As a former police officer, you must surely be aware of the effects an increase in speed has on braking distance and lethality in accidents???? Once again, not arguing the point of legality in terms of camping out in the left lane(and don't advocate doing so), but I would seriously question your judgment here if you actually would turn a blind eye to speeding as you seem to be stating. Maybe I'm not reading what you are stating correctly and you can clarify......
Old 04-13-2017, 02:00 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11842seankeny View Post
Dustman STX
Look up Oregon DMV basic ruie.
I'll take your word for it. Myself and a couple of buddies I used to run with would have LOVED a law like this back in our younger days!!!!!
Old 04-13-2017, 02:14 PM   #49
Site Team

Thread has been closed pending site team review.
Old 04-13-2017, 02:26 PM   #50
Site Team

Moderator Hat On:

Okay, let's see if we can all take a step back here. None of this is worth arguing over, amongst friends.

This thread from the get-go was a vent thread. No questions being asked, or anything that a fellow member needed help on...so that put's it in a different light.

As a lot of these vent threads have a tendency of doing, they invite other vents....which can cause some hard feelings.

The site team left this thread open for awhile, since legalities that pertained to RV'ing were being discussed and was good knowledge to gain for everyone.

It is probably best now to close this thread and spend our energies on helping our fellow RV'ers. Let's have a great Thursday, before Good Friday.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Closed Thread