Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-26-2013, 09:25 AM   #41
Phat Phrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post

You can go to KSDk.COM and click on the sports tabs. In the top news stories click on "Art Holliday pens Cardinals poem."

It worth watching, even for those who aren't Cardinal fans.
Perfect! Thanks Oakman!
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 10:09 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVChick View Post
Perfect! Thanks Oakman!
Oh good. I'm glad you saw the video with the sound RVChick. Quite a few news organizations have pick up the video. Art Holliday is a very talented newscaster.

Bob

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 11:25 AM   #43
MI Camperz

Tonight starts your 3-home stretch. Good luck and playing!
Stole one of the games at their house. Yeah! Go Cards! Peck the heck out of Boston! I mean, what can you say that is ferocious about birds?
LOL. That was sure gonna be one of my teases if it was Tigers vs. Cardinals. Now, I'll just send Tiger spirit your way. Most people 'round here are rooting for the Cards.
Old 10-26-2013, 11:31 AM   #44
MI Camperz

For that matter, what can you say that is ferocious about sox? Gee, hope your feet stay dry and warm....LOL
One more Tiger spirit for you Cards!!!

Old 10-26-2013, 03:30 PM   #45
phat phrog stunt crew

maybe one of the sox will get lost in the drier. going to be fun to watch their pitcher bat tonite, huh?
dwaynerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 04:12 PM   #46

Thanks for sending some Tiger Mojo our way bodzcampers. We'll take all we can get.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
ATU Local 788
Old 10-26-2013, 11:15 PM   #47
Director, FROG

CARDS WIN!

On an obstruction call, of all things, which was clearly called correctly. Buck and McCarver both had it wrong.

McCarver says that the third base umpire much have had some kind of a signal worked out with the plate umpire. It's a standard signal -- left arm extended to the side -- and the third base umpire called it immediately. Buck said that the umpire must have determined that the run would have scored absent the obstruction. That makes no difference, the obstructed runner is entitled to one base beyond where the obstruction occurred, and can advance further at his own risk. They also went on about whether the fielder intended to obstruct, which makes absolutely no difference.

After the commercial, they finally got it right that intent doesn't matter.

All that matters is, "THAT'S A WINNER!"

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 11:23 PM   #48

What a strange ending to a intense game, they both tried hard, but glad the Cards Won fair and square.
Sunnyfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 05:53 AM   #49
MI Camperz

It looked intentional to me. The first time his legs flailed upwards was probably a natural thing after falling, but the second time his legs went up, it looked like he did it on purpose. Karma. Go cards. Never stop giving it!!!!
Old 10-27-2013, 06:21 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodzcampers View Post
It looked intentional to me. The first time his legs flailed upwards was probably a natural thing after falling, but the second time his legs went up, it looked like he did it on purpose. Karma. Go cards. Never stop giving it!!!!
That's exactly the way I see it too. Had Craig not gotten tripped up by the third baseman he would have scored anyway. Regardless, it was a strange ending to the game. I'll take a win anyway we can get it.

As Bob said in his post, "THAT'S A WINNER!"

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
ATU Local 788
Old 10-27-2013, 08:54 AM   #51
phat phrog stunt crew

also notice that when he raised his legs the second time, he also pushed up with his hands as if doing a pushup. that home plate was the next awarded base is of no importance. the runner is allowed to advance 1 base. craig could have been out by a country mile, but it would have made no difference. he was allowed to advance 1.

unfortunately, he may be done for the year. they were talking about mid morning before they knew for sure.

im off to take a look at boston papers to read what they have to say. im sure it aint pretty.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:29 PM   #52
MI Camperz

top of the 6th!!! Gosh Darn It!

Gosh darn it! Not to dis your coach, but he did what our coach did...pull an ace pitcher, put in BP with men on (PANIC) and whooola....slammer! He should have kept Lynn in with only one out to get...he has a 1.95 ERA for Heck's sake....Please somebody make me a coach....patience...go with the proven winner and not a cold BP!!!! I'm so mad!!!

p.s. My mom coached my brother's little league and they got to state championship! Girls can do it!!!
Old 10-27-2013, 09:56 PM   #53
phat phrog stunt crew

I think you will find most cardinal fans are made nervous by lynn. But from what I have read bostons starter makes them nervous too. Maybe they were evenly matched..... lol.

Time to see some of that 2 out run scoring magic.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:08 AM   #54

The pickoff play at first was a heck of a way to have the game end. I feel sorry for the poor kid, Kolten Wong, who was picked off. You know he couldn’t sleep at all last night as he replayed his mistake in his head over and over again.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
ATU Local 788
Old 10-28-2013, 03:53 PM   #55
phat phrog stunt crew

Especially with beltrans behind him. I can see maybe the pitchers spot, but he took the bat out of carlos's hands. Rookie mistake I hope he learns from. He has good speed. Now we understand the utter disbelief boston felt. Cards in 7
Old 10-29-2013, 03:35 PM   #56
MI Camperz

Man dont give up cards. Tigers were down 3-1 in the 68 ws ans won!! Dont lose heart, dont make mistakes and caution and care with cold bp use. Still rooting and roaring for the cards!! Oh take a few pitches to get the count up. Very impprtant!
Old 10-29-2013, 03:42 PM   #57
Director, FROG

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodzcampers View Post
Man dont give up cards. Tigers were down 3-1 in the 68 ws ans won!! Dont lose heart, dont make mistakes and caution and care with cold bp use. Still rooting and roaring for the cards!! Oh take a few pitches to get the count up. Very impprtant!
The only bad part of that story is that I remember who the other team was in '68.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 04:06 PM   #58
phat phrog stunt crew

havent given up on them at all. there is still 2 games left, and wacha i believe is scheduled to pitch wensday. the bats seem to be cold at the moment, but the pitching is good. kolton wong felt really bad and apologized to cardinal nation for letting them down. learn from your mistake and move on to the next day.

this ws is so much better than getting swept in 4 like we did the last time we met boston, but the suspense is killing me. would rather have clinched at home, but its going to be so much better to beat them in their own back yard.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:20 PM   #59
MI Camperz

Yeah! Beat em in their own back yard!! After tonight, its a one game series. Go cards!
Old 10-30-2013, 09:22 PM   #60
Camper Less Camping

Looks like a Red Sox night!