Old 07-29-2012, 07:25 AM   #1
Your one must have....

When you first got your TT, what was the one must thing that you had to have? Looking back on it now, did you really need it??

If not, what do you now consider a MUST HAVE??

Jay & Lynn
2013 Salem 30KQBSS
2010 Ford F250 Lariat 6.8L V10
lpridgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 07:58 AM   #2
Site Team - Lou
A sense of humor.

I thought I had one before I got my camper.
Turns out it needed a lot of work to keep up with owning one.

Oh, and a "Purse of Unending Gold" would be my first choice.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:30 AM   #3
in my case, it was more of tools and repair parts. each time something would go wrong, i fixed it and made sure i had a spare. when i got rid of that trailer, i was amazed at what i had accumulated over 10 yrs. now that i think abt it, i'm doing the same thing with the one i have not.

the item that i brought in from the old trailer was a corning controlled temp hot plate w/casserole dish. haven't used it the first time in 10 yrs. last year, dropped the casserole dish and broke it.
jimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:35 AM   #4
Submarines once..........
We had two must haves, the larger U shaped dinette and the outside grill. I love the grill and the dinette was absolutely necessary with our large family.
Jason and Melissa
2013 ROO 233S AKA Our "ROO"ST
2008 Ford F-250
63 Nights in 2012! 8 Nights and counting in 2013
Four high energy Little Girls!:
melbornj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:41 AM   #5
Wanna Be Camper
The QS bed on a slide in the master bedroom. Would not ever have a trailer without again.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
Days Camped 2013: 16 2014: 5 2015: 3
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:22 AM   #6
The big bathroom, with full-size shower was tops on our "must have" list. We found it, and love having it! Unless it's really crappy weather or very "buggy" out, we really only use the TT for sleeping, meal prep, bath & shower. We weren't looking for a huge living space, but what we got was comfortable and fits our needs. The big bath is almost 7' deep, with LOTS of room to shower, towel-off, dress, etc. I've stayed in hotel rooms with smaller baths.
Fire Instructor

2014 RAM 2500 Laramie 4x4 Quad Cab w/Cummins Turbo Diesel, 2009 Rockwood 2607, and 3 'yaks!
300W of Suntech Solar, a Rogue MPT-3024 Controller, and a Xantrex PW2000 Inverter
Fire Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:00 AM   #7
Alleged curmudgeon
At different times during our search, we thought an outside kitchen & a bunkhouse were "must haves". Eventually we settled on a TT with neither and do not miss them, which is a reason not to rush while shopping. Our eventual top "must" was a queen bed on a slide for bedroom comfort AND to provide a little needed flexibility when my daughter, son-in-law & granddaughter come for a night, as we can fit a pack and play in the bedroom for the baby.
2013 Windjammer 3008W
2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 6.0L w/Equalizer 4
Nights camped: 2012 (29); 2013 (26); 2014 (40); 2015 (43); 2016 (35)
Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:32 AM   #8
Site Team
Accessory wise:

A level. Problem is, I am bad about taking it out of the trailer when working around the house and forgetting to put it back. Usually have to end up borrowing one from a camping buddy.

I keep saying I will buy some stick on bubble levels, but never have.

I also took my Sewer Solution from my old trailer to the new one (and will always own one of these as long as RV's have their current dumping system).

Trailer wise (see pic):

A must have for me was the toilet not being in a confined little room, and was one of the main reasons I chose the trailer I did.

I thought I wanted/needed a free standing dinette table, but would probably now opt for a built-in with the benefit of hindsight. You have to strap the legs of the chairs together before/after traveling, which is a pain. The extension eave on the table is also bad about sliding out during traveling, if not fastened in somehow.

My trailer also came with a couple of bar stools, which in reality are in the way. They are sitting in the corner of the garage.

2011 Flagstaff 831 RLBSS

I've just ordered a chicken and an egg from Amazon.... I will keep you posted.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:45 AM   #9
We bought our first trailer for travel, not camping. As far as I’m concerned the one “must have” is an RV campground directory. Either the Woodall’s or Trailer Life, both are good campground directories. Other useful tools for travel are “The Next Exit” book and a GPS. We don’t go on trips without all three.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:49 AM   #10
After owning several campers you get to know what you like and don't like, so when we started our hunt for a new one I made a list of stuff that were "requirements" by me and the hubby made his too. I even checked to see where all the electrical outlets were placed. We looked at lots of different brands including Keystones, Jayco's, Coachmen, and more. As a bunkhouse was a requirement for us so floorplan was not changeable. Each one we took our "lists" to compare. Once we looked at the Flagstaff we were sold as it had almost all of our requirements, except the laundry chute but it even had a lot of our wants. So I'm thinking I'm either getting too picky with each new camper or I've just been spoiled and want it all!

2005 Chevy 2500HD
2013 Flagstaff 8528BHWS
4bnabird is offline   Reply With Quote