Old 02-21-2014, 11:46 PM   #1

You've got to be kidding me

I hate to go on a forum and just complain about my problems......butttt.....you've got to be kidding me about the ones I'm having. Have had our new, ordered, built and delivered fifth wheel for a month now. Have had it out three times now, a one nighter and two three nighters. Maybe 300 miles on it and have 9 things on my to be fixed by the dealer list. Squealing wheel bearings, electrical wiring under the slide that was never attached and drags, outside cabinet that is coming away from the coach and the floor in front of the shower is flexing to where the shower enclosure is coming down from the ceiling. Butttt.....tonight was the straw that broke it, now I'm not able to get the door open and the slide out is out. Sooo....I'm not able to take it to the dealer to get the other 9 things fixed. I thought this RV was a quality product, but it's the first one I've had to take back to the dealer for repairs and now I'm not even able to do that.
So I'm done whining, what I need from the forum is suggestion on how to get the slide in, from the outside, in manual, since I'm not able to get to my manual to read how.
If I'm not able to get in it and get it fixed by April, may not make the California Rally (whining again)

57 Chevy good 20' car
moomoomeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 12:57 AM   #2

Call the dealer they should have a way to get in, if not call the locksmith. Some door locks have been recalled check on that with the dealer.

Old 02-22-2014, 01:29 AM   #3

I had to take a screw driver to my lock to get it open when it jammed. Once I tore the lock apart and got in I was able to dead bolt it to take it to the dealer to be replaced.
simplyrwc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 05:39 AM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Is your landing gear and stabilizers down real tight? Maybe it's putting stress on the frame and binding it up.
2015 129 nites
2016 63 nites
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 06:43 AM   #5

I believe there is a manual retract bolt on the slide motor and in your basement there should be a tool that fits it.
RickV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 11:40 AM   #6

Thanks for the info, I was just frustrated last night and not very clear on what my question should have been. So the dead bolt is jammed in the door frame and the key will not turn it. The dead bolt mechanism is jammed in the opposite direction to open it.
The question should have been: Do I have to get inside to override something to crank in the slide manually? I don't want to break something with the slide mechanism and have to add it to my 10 item list of dealer repairs.
If I can bring in the slide I can take it to the dealer and let them deal with it.
Another thing I just started wondering about....is the a Lemon Law for RVs? like for cars........just asking....but thinking about it.
57 Chevy good 20' car
Old 02-22-2014, 11:47 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by moomoomeow View Post
Another thing I just started wondering about....is the a Lemon Law for RVs? like for cars........just asking....but thinking about it.
yes their is a lemon law, just go to the grocery store buy a bag of lemons, cut them open and insert in mouth. Then you will be just like the other brand new coach owners that would like a do over... enjoy you lemons...

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
jevanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 11:51 AM   #8

I have never had to do it but I believe that there is nothing to override just crank that sucker in. We just traded in our 2006 Rockwood 8280SS it was used when we bought it a few years ago but never had any problems. If it makes you feel better the Finance Guy at the dealership said that a lot of people get frustrated or disappointed with issues with new RV's and trade em in the next person to buy it gets one that has all the bugs worked out. I only hope our new Crusader is warranty free.
RickV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 11:51 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jevanb View Post
yes their is a lemon law, just go to the grocery store buy a bag of lemons, cut them open and insert in mouth. Then you will be just like the other brand new coach owners that would like a do over... enjoy you lemons...
Maybe I could freeze them and throw the Lemons at the RV and get the damn door open
57 Chevy good 20' car
Old 02-22-2014, 11:58 AM   #10

I think the Rockwoods have a different type of slide but on my previous two Wildcats and my current Silverback I have an additional switch near the hydraulic pump in the front storage compartment that will operate the slideouts. In other words I can operate my slideouts inside the trailer or outside. Perhaps Rockwoods have something similar?

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote