Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-30-2019, 06:48 PM   #41
Trailer Park Supervisor

Hmmmm. But hose sizes all seem to be based on I.D. Well, I guess all that matters is an acceptable flow rate in the trailer in the end. Not like I have waterfalls and 10 jet showers like some of these fellows have in their rigs!
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 08:02 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post
Since everyone gave their 2 cents on this hose, mostly favorable, any changes in opinion since the OP put this out? No need to answer if you already have it and previously posted you think it sucks, or have it and still think it's great.

The website claims even though it is 1/2 inch, it has flow rate of 5/8". Is that even possible from a physics standpoint? "Consistent, high flow equal to a conventional 5/8” hose". Want to get a 50 footer to augment my 25' Apex Tenor Neverkink drinking hose, just in case.
Still love my 25-footers. Plenty of water pressure when using them.
rockfossilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 06:30 AM   #43
Site Team

I haven't noticed any difference in water flow with the Zero G versus my old traditional white hose. What I have noticed is the Zero G is a heck of a lot easier to handle and store! I won't be going back to the traditional hoses any time soon...
Old 03-31-2019, 06:55 AM   #44
Trailer Park Supervisor

RedLdr1, is the white hose you are comparing to a 1/2 inch or 5/8"?
Old 03-31-2019, 07:02 AM   #45

I have two similar hoses (Innav brand) which I got from Amazon based on several good reviews there. I haven’t had any problems at all with them, EXCEPT when the hose is pressurized it is nic and long. However, if using a hose nozzle when I release the nozzle the hose starts retracting and tries to pull away from my hand. Does the Zero G do that?
Old 03-31-2019, 07:52 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
I have two similar hoses (Innav brand) which I got from Amazon based on several good reviews there. I haven’t had any problems at all with them, EXCEPT when the hose is pressurized it is nic and long. However, if using a hose nozzle when I release the nozzle the hose starts retracting and tries to pull away from my hand. Does the Zero G do that?
Zero-G does NOT shrink in length--length is effectively constant. Flow rate is fine even when I must use 50'. I've had mine 2-3 years, and it looks like they will outlast me. They store very nicely on an electric cord reel, 50' per reel. https://www.homedepot.com/p/HDX-150-...0PDQ/205038360 I now use them for every home application (200' in one case to reach my backyard docks!) as well as the RV, and my wife loves them. At least double the amount of hose will fit on all of my various reels.
Slow Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 10:01 AM   #47

Slow Moon, does the Zero G RV hose have any issues with kinking? I’d love to get one for my TT, but theZero G I have at my house tends to kink. Also, do you get any rubbery hose taste from the hose? Some of the reviews mention hose taste.

Thanks!
Old 03-31-2019, 10:06 AM   #48

I finally got to use them last weekend and they worked great. No leaks, no kinks and good pressure. I store 2 25 footers easily in a small pail.
Days camped 2021: 19
Days camped 2020: 18
Days camped 2019: 17
Chief T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 10:13 AM   #49
Site Team

Quote:
RedLdr1, is the white hose you are comparing to a 1/2 inch or 5/8"?

Yes,... I have both sizes in white hoses and never noticed any difference. I suspect my pressure regulator, attached at the spigot, evened them out.
Old 03-31-2019, 10:31 AM   #50
Trailer Park Supervisor

It is done then. I ordered the 50' on Amazon, a bit expensive at $37.45 USD, but sounds like it's worth the price.
Old 03-31-2019, 10:38 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfkmk View Post
Slow Moon, does the Zero G RV hose have any issues with kinking? I’d love to get one for my TT, but theZero G I have at my house tends to kink. Also, do you get any rubbery hose taste from the hose? Some of the reviews mention hose taste.

Thanks!
How do you get it to kink? The only way I can kink any of mine is to kink is intentionally and even then it's difficult to cut off flow completely like I can with traditional hoses.

The RV gflex in the blue sheath is specifically made for pottable water so it shouldn't leach any "flavors" into the water. I have a 50 footer for my camper but haven't had a chance to use it yet but I don't expect any problems. These gflex hoses really are a great hose for campers, if for no other reason than ease of storage.
DawsonMobley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 10:48 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawsonMobley View Post
How do you get it to kink? The only way I can kink any of mine is to kink is intentionally and even then it's difficult to cut off flow completely like I can with traditional hoses.

The RV gflex in the blue sheath is specifically made for pottable water so it shouldn't leach any "flavors" into the water. I have a 50 footer for my camper but haven't had a chance to use it yet but I don't expect any problems. These gflex hoses really are a great hose for campers, if for no other reason than ease of storage.
The one I have at home seems to kink any time I go around a bush, tree, etc.
Old 03-31-2019, 12:45 PM   #53

Quote:
The one I have at home seems to kink any time I go around a bush, tree, etc.
I've had a 25' G for about a year (that's about 30 camping days). Got it at my local Lowes. I wanted to maximize my storage space, and not have to deal with a stiff vinyl hose in cooler weather. Mine works great! I recently got a 2nd one in case I need more length or if I have a rupture. I left the spare in its compact box. The hose works out it's own shape but I try to spread it to avoid sharp bends. I also put heavy brass quick-connects on the ends. One to the camper and the other to a portable water filter that screws to the hydrant. Breaking camp, I just ball the hose up and snap those connectors together to keep things clean, and avoid getting stuff wet in my storage bay. I am well pleased.
Old 03-31-2019, 12:53 PM   #54
Trailer Park Supervisor

Most of us sanitize the plumbing in our rigs at the beginning of season. Does anyone do it with the hoses? You would think that would be just as important. Will these hoses be ok with sanitizing procedures on the hoses themselves?
Old 03-31-2019, 05:48 PM   #55
Site Team

Quote:
Most of us sanitize the plumbing in our rigs at the beginning of season. Does anyone do it with the hoses? You would think that would be just as important. Will these hoses be ok with sanitizing procedures on the hoses themselves?
First, I run some water through my Zero-G to wash out any stale leftover water. Second, I disconnect the hose at both ends and drain out the "fresh" water. Third, I reconnect at the RV side and then use a funnel to pour a cup of bleach in to the hose before reconnecting it at the water spigot. Then I turn on the water and send the bleach down the hose. That way the hose is sanitized a bit as well.

I've used that procedure on both the white hoses and my Zero-G with no issues...
Old 03-31-2019, 05:58 PM   #56
Trailer Park Supervisor

You got me thinking. I believe I will use my home brewing pump to circulate bleach water through it for a bit. I can put the sanitizing solution in a bucket, and use the pump to suck up the solution, pumping it right back into the bucket. I'm hesitant to put undiluted bleach into the hose.
Old 04-01-2019, 03:56 PM   #57

Quote:

Thanks!
None of my Zero-G hoses have ever kinked at all, at home or in RV use. They do not impart any taste whatsoever.

Because I think you were asking about Zero-G hoses labeled for RV use, please note that Zero-G hoses used on my RV are NOT labeled "RV hose." The label described no particular use (garden, RV, marine, etc), but did say "lead safe" and "drinking water safe."

The Amazon description was "zero-G Lightweight, Ultra Flexible, Durable, Kink-Free Garden Hose, 5/8 Inch by 25." Similar for my 50' units. I do not recall that Zero-G in early 2017 designated RV or Marine hoses.

I do not know whether Zero-G hoses labeled for RV or Marine use are any different than their standard garden hose that works so well everywhere for me. In the unlikely event I should need any new hose for my RV, in the absence of any new information I would purchase the standard Zero-G hose again.

In response to some others: I never sterilize any potable water hoses, but I do make sure nothing other than potable water ever gets in by sealing the ends well in storage.
Slow Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 07:15 PM   #58
Trailer Park Supervisor

Quote:
I do make sure nothing other than potable water ever gets in by sealing the ends well in storage.
A good start, but a dark and damp environment in a warm environment is the perfect micro-organism breeding ground. This is the reason many people want to sanitize (not sterilize, that will never happen - home brewer factoid!) their RV plumbing after being unused for a long time. But I digress! This would be a good separate thread!
Old 04-01-2019, 07:30 PM   #59

Target is not usually the best price, but 50' Zero-G is currently $29.99. When I bought mine, it was $26.99 and I was able to go pick it up, same day.

https://www.target.com/p/1-2--x-50--...e/-/A-51467679
I love it, because it's drinking water safe and it winds up on a Home Depot cord spool.

'19 Chevy Colorado Z71 4x4 Crew Cab
'17 Salem Cruise Lite 232RBXL
Mickey the Rescue Project Schnauzer
Days Camped: '17-39, '18-61, '19-64, '20-38
bedubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 07:34 PM   #60

Thanks, Slow Moon. I have the 5/8x50 or maybe x75 for my house. I did a lot of watering of my grass last year when I overseeded. I had to buy a regular hose because it didn’t have enough flow to make the sprinkler work right. It might be ok for the r. Though. For the price and benefit of ez storage it is probably worth it.

For those who pour the bleach in the hose thinking they are sanitizing the hose, I’m not sure it’s doing anything. The key to sanitizing the plumbing is letting it sit for a few hours. The 2 seconds the bleach is in the hose probably isn’t doing much.