Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2011, 06:26 PM   #1

2010 3125 Blue RidgeRT

Just found this site and thought we should make a post. We purchased a left-over 2010 in February this year. We went through the PDI, and noticed the frame was rusted (Lipert frames must not have rust-proofed this one), the black refrigerator panels were scratched, and the roof need to be re-sealed. Our dealer has been amazing. They ordered new panels, undercoated the frame, and re-sealed the roof. We picked up our RV, brought it home to put everything in it, and found scratches on the Corian countertops, and then the bottom dropped out. When putting in our slides the hydraulic hose broke and fluid was leaking all over the driveway. We had it home for 3 days and took it back. They had to replace the hydraulic fluid line, which caused them to pull the one-piece rubber under-carriage. They fixed the line, but the one-piece rubber was now in pieces. We objected to that, since it was a new unit; the dealer contacted Forest River and they sent a new one-piece rubber replacement. We are still waiting on our RV to be finished, which should be this weekend. They are also fixing all of the other problems. I can't say enough about Wichita RV located outside of Andover, KS for working their tails off to make things right. We have owned one other Forest River product over the years, and we thought we wouldn't buy another one. I don't know that we ever would again, after having owned two new Hitchhikers, but I would definitely buy from this dealer again. They take care of their customers! Thank you Jeff, Scott, and Stu!
krussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 07:59 AM   #2

We just bought a new Blue Ridge 3705BH and have been well pleased with it so far. It's our second Forest River product, we just traded in a '10 Flagstaff 831RLSS on it and had two years of great camping in it. You must have gotten a lemon. I will say that Forest River has the sorriest owner's manuals of any company I've ever bought anything from. For what you have to pay for a camper, you should be able to expect a unit specific owner's manual.
2008 F-250 Lariat 4x4 6.4 Powerstroke
Firestone Ride-Rites w/cab control
mike06081969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 10:07 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike06081969 View Post
We just bought a new Blue Ridge 3705BH and have been well pleased with it so far. It's our second Forest River product, we just traded in a '10 Flagstaff 831RLSS on it and had two years of great camping in it. You must have gotten a lemon. I will say that Forest River has the sorriest owner's manuals of any company I've ever bought anything from. For what you have to pay for a camper, you should be able to expect a unit specific owner's manual.
I agree. And I hope our troubles are behind us now. No new camper is ever 100% perfect, but this is the only one we've owned that has had this many problems right off the bat. We're taking it to see our son at Kansas State University next weekend for Easter, so I guess that will be the first true test. The bunkhouse layout is pretty sweet, especially if you have children. We had a Wildcat BH when our kids were little and loved the layout. Glad you are happy with it.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:44 PM   #4

3125rt

krussell,
just curious. What are you using for a TV for your 3125rt? I ask because I have a Dodge Ram 2500hd with cummins diesel. Blueridge dealer tells me my 2500 will bw fine.`Thanks. Steve
spat61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 09:13 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by spat61 View Post
krussell,
just curious. What are you using for a TV for your 3125rt? I ask because I have a Dodge Ram 2500hd with cummins diesel. Blueridge dealer tells me my 2500 will bw fine.`Thanks. Steve
Steve, I think the Blue Ridge I have is the heaviest one they make and I am pulling it with an 3/4 ton Ford diesel. I did, however, add air bags to my Ford so I could level it up. The extra weight kinda had the front end up in the air a bit and affected the handling some. Otherwise, the F250 has no trouble at all with it. You should be fine with your Dodge 2500.
2008 F-250 Lariat 4x4 6.4 Powerstroke
Firestone Ride-Rites w/cab control
mike06081969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 09:42 PM   #6

Mike,
Thank you for the quick response. I will go with the air bags as you did. I'm looking forward to my 3125RL. Good luck with yours. Steve
spat61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 06:03 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by spat61 View Post
krussell,
We have a GMC One ton 3500 Duramax Dually and it feels like it's on vacation since we're not pulling the Hitchhiker. Our GMC only squatted when we had 4000 lbs. of wood pellets in the back of it. We're gloating, but you should be fine. We've had friends that pulled a lot heavier camper with the same tow vehicle. Good luck, and have fun!

Tags
blue ridge