Old 02-07-2017, 10:01 AM   #1

2014 Blue Ridge 3125RT Crack Above Entertainment Center Slide

My wife and I are looking into buying a used 2014 Blue Ridge from a local dealer.

When we went to look at it last night I noticed that there was a 6" or so long crack leading upwards towards the rear of the camper from the upper left corner of the camper sidewall above the entertainment center slide.

You can kind of see it in this picture...

The dealer seemed oblivious to it being there. He said that they have a company that can come in to fix it. Here are my concerns:

A)What is it going to look like when it's finished being fixed?
B)What caused it in the first place?
C)Will it come back?

I'm hoping that maybe you guys are a bit more experienced with these campers and fiberglass sided ones in general and can help.

Thanks in advance.

mschaffer66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 10:15 AM   #2

A.......Hard to tell.
B.......Stress.
C.......Quite possibly.

The way the factory would most likely repair that would be by replacing the entire wall panel. It's probable the issue was found in multiple units and once known about additional reinforcement was added in the wall panel itself when they were made for later units.

Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 07:13 AM   #3

Thanks for the response.

I heard back from the dealer yesterday about it. Gosh these guys are some scandalous folks...

When I first pointed it out they acted like they didn't even know about it.

Yesterday I sent him a message stating that we were still interested, but wondered how they planned on fixing it, what was really wrong, how it would look, etc...

He replied that they had their service department look at it and figured it happened over the winter by moving the coach without pulling the slides in. He said it appears as though there was some water damage and they wouldn't know how bad it was until they opened it up.

I pointed out that the picture from August seems to show that the crack was already there before the winter set it.

After that he said that they are planning on sealing up the crack and that it's a structural issue from the slide not being adjusted properly. They are now not going to do any more to it and going to sell it for what they have into it to just get rid of it.

When I asked how much...I figured hey if it's cheap maybe it's worth the headache...he said about $1500 less than they were trying to get for it before it had a crack and water damage.

So that's that... Was a shame for sure. We have been having a hard time finding the configuration that we like without spending a ton more than we want to. Back to the drawing board...
mschaffer66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 10:33 PM   #4

Do not buy it ? The last thing you need is some half baked repair by a dealer . They lie all the time. Go find another one.
jacknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 07:54 PM   #5

Blue Ridge Crack

We own a 2014 Blue Ridge 3125. Our fiberglass has cracked over the outside entertainment slideout. Is there a recall on this camper. We have owned several fifth wheels with slideouts and have never experienced this
What do y ou suggest for repairs.
Jmoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 08:00 PM   #6

What did u decide on this camper? W we have the same camper with the identical problem.
Jmoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 08:25 AM   #7

I wouldn't buy it either
Too many other nice campers out there.
Keep shopping

Alcam59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014, blue ridge, crack, entertainment, slide