Old 02-16-2014, 05:49 AM   #11
Plain Old Member

I've never had a dealer clean one like I do, so usually I tell them just leave it alone. They'll just use the old scratching scrub brush they used on the last one. Toilet paper holder, several manf do leave them off since people complain about where they're mounted. Now is the time if you want a better quality one.

As for the dealer not finishing the list, I can relate. Some will dwell, fuss and stay on the dealer wanting small things done or fixed. Me, sometimes I just let them know that I'm disappointed, and go do a better job than them when I get it home. Or, like recently, leave it on the lot and walk away and watch them get pissed. If you squabble over a bunch of small things, and the dealer is not politely cooporating, do you really think they'll do a great job? I don't want somebody working on mine with the wrong frame of mind. I wouldn't sweat the tattle tail fuses. Very easy to test fuses anyway. The weather shield you refer to is not what our weathershield is. Or, my terminology is wrong. Mine is black, but it's all metal for the last wrap or so. Same purpose.

Sounds like you're good to go. Now, load it, put it through its paces, and enjoy it. Keep us posted on your experiences and post away on the forum if any troubles arrise.

2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 06:11 AM   #12

The dealer's service department seemed pretty disinterested in delivering a quality experience. They are about an hour away from me. There is a closer FR dealer that I will be having a conversation with.

USN Retired (26 years), but not Retired retired
Home Port Orlando
Narboza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 08:16 PM   #13
BlueRidge 3025RL

Picking my 3025 up this week

Hi, and thanks for the interesting read - will use some of the info posted for my own PDI/DI, will be picking up a BLF 3025RL this week. (Prior Class A owner, will be moving over a good deal of "stuff". You mention Ikea - what do you find of great use? Would like to find some type of compact shelving units to put in the basement bay.

- You mention Bike hitch (not a rack as advertised, just a Class 2 hitch). Was this installed from dealer or factory, wanting to add similar to carry a small rear carrier for the grill and bikes.

- Do you have the basement horizontal sliding TV mount? Trying to figure out what Mor Ryde mount is used - there are three on their website, it's dependent on the clearance depth where mounted to clear the door framing.

- Yep, was told the same on the the toilet paper holder. In that it is a personal location.
Old 02-16-2014, 11:05 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas.jackson View Post
You mention Ikea - what do you find of great use?
We have no RV equipment, so we need a new set of silverware, plasticware, and other kitchen stuff. The DW's eyes lit up when she realized she needed to do equipment shopping. Basement storage is somewhere on a long list of items, but interior livability takes precedence after some repairs.

Quote:
You mention Bike hitch (not a rack as advertised, just a Class 2 hitch). Was this installed from dealer or factory, wanting to add similar to carry a small rear carrier for the grill and bikes.
The Blue Ridges have a standard "Bike hitch" factory option ($217.50 list price). For that you get a Class 1/2 hitch. (My PDI mechanic said it was a Class 1 hitch. That could be true. They are physically the same except for the Class 1's tabs, and differ in weight rating only.) The rear of the hitch tube is welded to the top of the 4" box bumper. There is an additional transverse square tube just forward of the bumper that the front end of the hitch tube is welded to. I was expecting a fold down platform. Like the awning's weather shield, I was underwhelmed by what was installed.

There is also a lovely sticker on the bumper frame extension beam that warns that attaching any rear rack would void the frame warranty.

Quote:
Do you have the basement horizontal sliding TV mount?
No, that is not a Blue ridge option. There is a carpeted 2x4 on the front bulkhead of the basement and an outlet at the front and rear of the door. The 2x4 would support a sliding mount very nicely. There is also a loose video coax on the front bulkhead, so all the prep work has been done.

Home Port Orlando
Old 02-16-2014, 11:22 PM   #15

My PDI Checklist

Thomas: You might find this useful. this is a PDF of the inspection checklist I created from several online sources and my own brain droppings. If I had a question or wanted to know something, I wrote it down.

It is a working document that never got polished and served its purpose.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2014 3715BH Trailer Inspection Checklist.pdf (450.5 KB, 780 views)

Home Port Orlando
Old 02-23-2014, 07:27 AM   #16

Smile Preparation in Progress

We have had the trailer at the house this weekend for cleaning (bad dealer prep work), minor repairs (bad new owner driving), and stocking. As first time owners, we have had to go out and buy new stuff for the trailer. We used Ikea for the kitchen and bedding. Amazon was a primary supplier for the miscellaneous items I have read about here on the forum.

Here is the new rig.
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_5578.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	46662

Other work includes sanitizing the water system, removing the Prop 65 tags from everything, cleaning construction debris from the P-traps, identifying what fuse powers what loads (still some unknown ones), measurements and pictures of everything we can think of so we do not need to drive to the storage facility, fixing the things the dealer did not, and miscellaneous comfort things.

We will be doing our initial camping shortly. We need to work out the kinks of our new style of travel.

Home Port Orlando
Old 02-24-2014, 06:17 AM   #17

For anyone thinking of a BR trailer, here is a couple of expectation adjustments when you compare the FR BR advertising to the reality.

- "5-Function remote control with key fob" means you get a Alta remote control system for some functions, but it is not a small keychain fob. Our remote is relatively large - 2.5" x 4.5" x 5/8". At least it will be harder to lose. Since we have the Level-Up system, ours is a three-function remote - slides, awning, and patio light. Without Level-Up, it would have included the front and rear electric jacks. The control center wall buttons for these three functions connect into the Alta system. I am already using it regularly.

- "'Easy Diagnose' LED fuse indicator" YMMV, but ours had no LEDs in the 12V fuse panel.

- "Individual slide room selector switches" This could be true for electric slides, but ours are hydraulic. We have five valves on a distribution block near the pump that you have to open or close to control individual slides. From what I read here, there are other systems without the valves. If all valves are open, hydraulic fluid (ATF) moves to all slide pistons and the one with the least hydraulic resistance moves first.

- "Outside shower" Do not get excited with visions of an outdoor shower head. Instead, picture a kitchen faucet hand sprayer with a short hose. Ours reminded me of what my Mom used in her 1960's sink.

- "Shoe caddy" This is a nook with a shelf in the bedroom closet that cannot hold an adult shoe.

- "Protected/insulated pull waste valves" Protected means they are above the belly pan. Insulated means they are above the belly pan.

- "LED lighting throughout" This means most lights inside. You have decorative 12V bulbs in the vanity light bars. There are 12V lights in the pendant fixture above the galley sink, dinette table, and the adjacent wall sconce. You have regular 12V light fixtures in the front docking cabinet, basement and outside kitchen. You also have regular 12V bulbs on your side exterior lights (2 white, 2 yellow).

Home Port Orlando
Old 02-24-2014, 07:53 AM   #18
Plain Old Member

I can relate to most of the above. I always take the advertising with a grain of salt. I hate all the fancy sales words and descriptions. Just a few that irritate me: Radiant technology. This isn't new. Guess the "technology" is supposed to be catchy. Similar to reflective bubble insulation. "Radius" windows and doors. OK, who doesn't use these. Not a news flash. "Rotomolded" stuff. No more than an object that is made by injected the liquid stuff in a rotating form to make a tank or whatever. Not new. Enclosed underbelly. Yep, another one that's not a news flash. 99% of them have that now, which is usually no more than a sheet of that black plastic stuff. Some are in fact better enclosed and better insulated underneath, but stuff will still freeze regardless of this stuff, and as far as improving fuel economy, huh? Mine's 13k pounds dry and around 13' tall. Didn't by it for fuel economy and I doubt the underbelly is helping with that much. Solid surface countertops. Most have them now, and most aren't even close to the quality in a house, but there are those few that have the good stuff. In reality the stuff they use is not much better than formica, it just looks better. Outside shower. Every one of ours have been as you mentioned. I prefer what we have now, which is the quick connect hose with a regular garden hose sprayer. I can hook up another 50' hose to that if I want and wash the rig, kids, dishes etc with HOT water.

Our slides are the same way. We have the isolation valves in the basement, but unless closed the slide with the least resistance goes out first. You can always push on one if you want it to go first.

On the holding tanks valves and piping, I just with everybody would enclose the whole pipe, and just stub out the discharge. Our valves are in the underbelly, but you have quite the run of pipe that is exposed. Only good thing about ours is it all 5 tanks tie into one discharge, so only one hose needed.

I hope you enjoy the new rig. Sounds like you have been extremely thorough going through it and getting it ready to go. That's what we do before ever taking the first trip.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:11 PM   #19

Fun chaos! We have reserved a two-day stay at a nearby KOA in Kissimmee for the sea trials. The kids a psyched. Should be fun as we learn how we should have stocked the trailer. At least I know the systems will work. I will maintain gripe and packing lists so we can keep track of what needs to be fixed and what needs to be added to our load out. Should be a good weekend (70s during the day after some rain Friday).

Home Port Orlando
Old 03-10-2014, 05:58 PM   #20

Sea Trials

We had a successful first run/sea trial/maiden voyage this past weekend. It was only 30 miles from our house to the Kissimmee, FL KOA. We wanted a short, simple trip to get into the fun.

Problems were few, but fixable or worked around. The rear black tank cutoff valve was always full open, so the initial connection was a true adventure. The hydraulic pump cut out several times while opening the slides. I found a loose wire in the control circuit which was likely causing a high resistance. It was certainly heating up since the insulation is discolored. After tightening, the system worked fine.

Our Lippert Level-Up system was not actually level. The trailer was nose-down and tilted left. I manually adjusted the jacks until we felt it was good. Without my carpenters level, I could not get it right on. I will set a new zero point before the next trip.

Because we cannot put out the road side slides when parked in our street, all the trailer setup was left until our arrival at the park. We spent Friday evening and a good portion of Saturday getting the trailer arranged, and figuring out all the things we forgot.

While looking at the trailer in more detail, I think FR and Blue Ridge are doing themselves a disservice by not advertising the quality components they use. While I knew there were Progressive Industries AC and DC power panels, I was very happy to find a PI PD9270 70 amp power converter/charger installed under the stairs. It is oriented to exhaust through a round vent into the basement. I have one of the PI pendants on order for the unit.

After using cheap RV plastic faucets, we really like the satin nickel faucets on the sinks. The same goes for the extra 110V outlets, the double SS sink, and full size microwave. You have to see it to realize things people here are doing mods for are built-in. The next trip will be in a couple weeks during the kid's Easter break.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3916.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	47504   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3919.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	47505  

Home Port Orlando