Old 09-27-2015, 03:48 PM   #1

3600RS Pimples under wall paper

Hi All,
I have a 2013 3600RS, and just last week i noticed a bunch of pimples forming under the wall paper, and while i was inspecting the rest of the camper, i actually found a mushroom formed under the paper. I did cut it out and around the area was a bunch of black mold.
I have these pimples formed in the bedroom slide, main slide, back of camper, opposing slide, pretty much in all exterior walls. i also did have a small roof leak over the main slide that was a factory fault when they sealed the rood they missed a small section, i did get the leak repair using eterna-bond.
the damage from that leak caused the underlay for the wall paper to bulge.

OK so i did call my insurance company to look to see if they can help, no word yet from them but he was worried it may be a factory issue with the underlay board being wet from factory.
Can anyone here give me some ideas what i can do with this, i love my camper, its the older model with the computer desk area?
Does FR have a known issue with these panel boards?
I wouldn't be so concerned but the fact that it is occuring all over the camper on all exterior walls almost make me think it may have a bigger issue?

Old 09-27-2015, 07:54 PM   #2

Sorry but I can't help. We have a 2014 3600RS and have not seen any issues like this.

Troy, NC
Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 08:00 PM   #3

It may not be healthy living around that mold. Should find some articles online about moldy drywall issues in homes, basements and health issues.
Old 09-27-2015, 08:05 PM   #4

No thats why we are not using it right now, I would be ok if it was only just a spot here and there but since it is every exterior wall it has me concerned pretty good. We have had very little rain here too which i am trying to figure out what is happening
Old 09-27-2015, 08:14 PM   #5

Found this right away:
could pick up a mold test kit in the paint department of HD or similar. They are probably under $10. You may not wish to send to a lab for testing, but the amount of growth in the petri dish will confirm or deny the presence of mold. Afterb that, if you want, you can send it to the lab listed on the paper and for about $50 they will tell what kind of mold and in what amounts.
Old 09-27-2015, 08:22 PM   #6

I am more looking is there anything i can do the insurance company thinks it a manufacturing issue. should be no reason for mold and mushrooms to be growing between the wall paper and the plywood. the walls on the inside have not been wet, except for the 1 area the leak occured. i also have owner this from new
Old 09-27-2015, 08:31 PM   #7

We had the same problem with our 2013. We had pimples on the wall which turned out to be a roof leak. Blue Ridge made a huge design flaw in that model year. They thought it would be a good idea to terminate the roof membrane on top of the roof and caulk it into a metal flashing instead of taking the rubber over the sidewall and terminate it into the rain gutter. We had pimples soon after we bought our camper in August of 2013. FR took our camper back to the factory in late winter of 2014 to fix it but only put a band-aid on it. In Sept of 2014 we had major pimples again so I contacted FR and with a little push from me they came a took my camper back to the factory again in February of this year and fixed it right!! They replaced the entire roofing membrane and took it over the side walls and terminated it into the rain gutters. Knock on wood I haven't seen any bubbles and feel pretty confident that I won't see any again.
The only thing I can say is to contact Forest River and see what they can do for you!! I don't have their contact info on hand but I know I can get it to you if you want it. Stay strong!! You will never get rid of the pimple problem until the roof is installed correctly. You will have way more damage than the pimples if nobody corrects this problem for you. I do wish you luck!! My heart absolutely sank the first time I found out what the pimples were from. The second time we found pimples after they "fixed" it I almost got physically ill! Lol. But I have to say that Forest River took my camper twice back to the factory for repairs with absolutely no cost to me. They also fixed things that weren't even on our list. Please keep us informed on what happens!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 09-27-2015, 08:41 PM   #8

If you can please do i would greatly appreciate it
Old 09-27-2015, 08:46 PM   #9
Site Team

You need to contact FR directly and explain the situation to them. Here is the blue ridge contact info.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-09-27-20-44-56.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	145.6 KB
ID:	90099  
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 09:19 PM   #10

Warranty Manager

Terry Milarczyk
574-206-7618
Tmilarczyk@forestriverinc.com