Old 05-27-2014, 09:33 AM   #1

3710 bh tank capacities

We are the proud owners of a 2013 3710 bh. Like most Blue Ridge owners we had our fair share of problems but without any fight at all Forest River came and picked up our unit, took it back to Indiana, fixed everything we wanted and more, and delivered it back to our house. We are very satisfied with the customer service!!!! We just spent a great Memorial day weekend at a state park in Wisconsin. Electric hook-up but no water. We filled our potable water tank on the way to our site. We ended up running out of water Sunday afternoon. No biggie, I always keep a water jug in the "garage" and there was a water station next to our site. We did take a few showers, a few dishes, and normal toilet usage. It is hard to believe we used 73 gallons of water. My main question is about the waste water tanks. The specs say that I have 80 gal grey and 80 gal black. We actually have 2 black tanks and 2 grey tanks due to the rear bathroom. Does anybody know the capacities of these tanks? I assume that I don't have 4-80 gal tanks, do I have 4-40 gal tanks? Thanks!

Old 05-27-2014, 10:58 AM   #2
Fulltime family RVer

My bet is on 4 x 40 gallon tanks.

Old 05-27-2014, 02:06 PM   #3
Cardinal/Blue Ridge Rep.

On the 3710BH there are 2- 40 gal. grey tanks and 2- 40 gal black tanks.
Old 05-27-2014, 02:13 PM   #4

Thanks for the info!! One less thing to guess about! lol
Old 07-02-2014, 11:02 PM   #5

Hello all, if I could add something to this post. I too have the 3710bh. My question is, in the rear sewer hook up there are the two handles, one for grey and one for black. Problem is that the rear grey tank handle discharges thru the front sewer connection. Is this the same on all 3710bh's? Also, is one a galley tank that only the sinks (kitchen and rear bath) go into and the grey tank is only the shower goes into? Our past campers only had one sewer connection and one tank each for black and grey. Any info would be appreciated.
Old 07-04-2014, 09:12 PM   #6

The 3710BH and 3715BH are identical under the floor so far as I can tell.

The front gray tank drains the shower, front bath sink, and washer drain (gray handle in water closet). The front black tank drains the front toilet (black handle in water closet). The rear gray tank drains the galley sink and half bath sink (gray handle at rear access). All three tanks drain to the front dump connection. That way you need only hook up the front drain when you are transiting.

The rear black tank handles the half bath toilet (black handle at rear access) and drains to the rear dump connection.

We use the half bath toilet so little the rear blank tank never fills up during a trip. I just swap the front hose to the rear and dump/flush it before we depart.

USN Retired (26 years), but not Retired retired
Home Port Orlando
Narboza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 07:49 AM   #7

Well, at least I know it's plumbed correctly, I was beginning to wonder. Thank you for the info!

Tags
tank