Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2014, 10:42 PM   #21

Hi Kim,
I have a 2014 3025 blue ridge, had a lot of problems with mine .! I had to go directly to Forest River. Tim Tyler FR warranty, ttyler@forestriverinc.com He knows me by first name! Keep calling and don't give up. The more heat the better the results
marc lucatuorto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:56 PM   #22

We have had many issues with our Columbus as well. Many were small, but the curb side slide has stripped its gears and bent the ram. Funny didn't do it before taking to the dealer for an entry door and front A/C repair. Bring trailer home open it up and all he'll brakes loose. Took trailer back to dealer next day.. Kept getting run around from dealer. Contacted FR. They contacted Lippert. Lippert not wanting to warranty slide. Seems slide had prior work done. After a few calls and e-mails to FR. They told Lippert to warranty the repair. Lippert is sending a tech from the factory to fix the problem. I hope this works. Lippert is confident they can get it repaired. The tech has to drive from Indiana to Eastern WA. We have enjoyed our Columbus 340RK.
Jczreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 03:58 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jczreed View Post
We have had many issues with our Columbus as well. Many were small, but the curb side slide has stripped its gears and bent the ram. Funny didn't do it before taking to the dealer for an entry door and front A/C repair. Bring trailer home open it up and all he'll brakes loose. Took trailer back to dealer next day.. Kept getting run around from dealer. Contacted FR. They contacted Lippert. Lippert not wanting to warranty slide. Seems slide had prior work done. After a few calls and e-mails to FR. They told Lippert to warranty the repair. Lippert is sending a tech from the factory to fix the problem. I hope this works. Lippert is confident they can get it repaired. The tech has to drive from Indiana to Eastern WA. We have enjoyed our Columbus 340RK.
Is the tech going to repair it at the dealers or???
Old 03-29-2014, 05:51 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jczreed View Post
Bring trailer home open it up and all he'll brakes loose. Took trailer back to dealer next day.. Kept getting run around from dealer. Contacted FR. They contacted Lippert. Lippert not wanting to warranty slide. Seems slide had prior work done. After a few calls and e-mails to FR. They told Lippert to warranty the repair. Lippert is sending a tech from the factory to fix the problem. I hope this works. Lippert is confident they can get it repaired. The tech has to drive from Indiana to Eastern WA. We have enjoyed our Columbus 340RK.
I'm curious, what prior work had been done on the slide? Did you buy this unit used?

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:31 AM   #25

Mine is in for repair as we speak, Floor bolts coming through lino, having a new theater seat installed, the stitching was coming off after three trips. After bringing my unit home when I bought it the back A/C didn't work ,the micro was bad, the inverter
was damaged from the factory, refer fan motors where making load sounds. All have been repaired so far with a big load mouth not giving up. Keep calling and e-mailing.
Go directly to FR e-mail Tim Tyler from the warranty department.
marc lucatuorto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:44 PM   #26

Coach being repaired at the dealer per Lipperts request
Old 03-29-2014, 07:48 PM   #27

Hi Bob. Not sure what problem was. It was brand new as far as I know. I just found out when I talked to Lippert.