Old 10-19-2015, 04:12 PM   #1

Antenna television cable

Just purchased a 2012 Blue Ridge 3025RL used from a private party and attempting to get it figured out. Messing with the tv at the moment and I'm not able to get the antenna to pick up any stations. I hooked up a small powered indoor antenna and I'm picking up stations with it on the tv, so I know the tv tuner works and there are stations to be had.

The main question I'm hoping someone can answer is, there is an orange coax cable coming out from behind the tv in the living room and it is not labeled. Am I correct in assuming this is the antenna connection? There are also coax connections for cable and satellite on the wall. I found the power switch for the antenna in the bedroom inside a cabinet there and it is on, however nothing else is connected there. If the orange cable is in fact the antenna, any other thoughts on what may be wrong? If my connections are correct, I'm thinking my next stop should be at the antenna itself.

Thanks!

Old 10-19-2015, 04:48 PM   #2
ARLO

Does your antenna faceplate have a black button on it? If so, that needs to be on and a green light showing.

Old 10-20-2015, 12:40 PM   #3

The antenna faceplate does have a black button and it is on, green light is showing. However that faceplate is in the bedroom, with nothing connected to it. The tv I'm working with is connected to a coax cable in the living room, and it just comes directly out of the wall with no label. My guess is that is the antenna connection for that tv location, but since this is a used rv, not sure if that cable is standard or if the previous owners did something there. Thanks for the reply!
Old 10-20-2015, 05:58 PM   #4

Check to see what color coax is connected to the booster in the bedroom. I can't remember but I think it goes directly to the main coach TV and the other coax cables behind the main coach TV go the the other connection points in the basement for satellite, etc.

Also check and may need to replace the coax connectors. If they are not making a good connection on both ends, you will not get good reception.

Hope this helps.
Troy, NC
Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 10:43 AM   #5

Thanks again for the reply. After pulling out the antenna booster plate in the bedroom, I did find the other end of the orange coax cable. However it wasn't connected to the antenna, instead it was connected to the cable/satellite wall plate. So I detached it from there and connected to the antenna feed, and wahlah, antenna signal worked on the tv in the main coach. So good news that the antenna and connections are working.

Next task is going to be how to figure out the other coax cables, since there are cable and satellite connections on a wallplate by the tv, but that orange cable was also connected to cable. But that is for another day. Antenna is all I need right now! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Old 11-02-2015, 01:52 PM   #6

On MY Blue Ridge the orange cables are connected to the roof antenna. It will NOT work on satellite because the cables are bridged together. The wall plate behind tv in living room one should go to outside connector and the other to the bedroom. In you outside compartment you should have 3 cable hookups. one for RV park hookup and the other two together should go to each tv set (bed room and Livingroom). I have one of the saucer type antenna's which is worthless, It is only good for 25 miles. I use and external antenna which I purchased from CW that has a 75 mile range and have been able to pick up to 80 stations in some places that I have stayed.
TMI External antenna , 50ft cable antenna mounted on pole that attaches to ladder rack.
Old 11-04-2015, 06:22 PM   #7

Interesting on the orange cable going to the antenna. On mine, the orange (there is only one orange coax) goes from the main coach TV connect plate to the TV output of the amp in the bedroom. I just looked at it.

I have a drawing somewhere of exactly how mine is wired on the coax cables. If I can find it I'll post it. Can't speak for all Blue Ridge RV's but it is how my 3600RS is anyway.
Troy, NC
Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 08:34 PM   #8
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Sat. feed cable from outside is a direct run to wall plate marked sat...no splitters. cable outside feed will have a splitter to feed main and bedroom tv's.
Old 11-13-2015, 07:13 PM   #9
BlueRidge 3025RL

On my B/R for the antenna, make sure green light as above mentioned, TV setup with antenna then channel scan. For cable use, make sure antenna green light off, TV set for cable then channel scan. This works if not using a cable box. Otherwise cable box runs the channels for the digital signal. Next post for satellite.
Old 11-13-2015, 07:18 PM   #10
BlueRidge 3025RL

For satellite, if dish on roof, the feed goes to bedroom lead. If satellite lead plugged into sat input at water filter, this lead goes to the wall behind tv in rear. Then put sat box there output hdmi to tv. You can run the cable to the other coax jack, this loops to the front bedroom then hookup to front tv. I then can watch the same sat box on both tvs.

Tags
antenna, television