Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2017, 10:03 AM   #1

Blue Ridge 2015 AC Filters

Hello Campers,

This is going to seem like a silly post, but trust me...

We have a Blue Ridge 2015 5th Wheel. It has 2 Dometic Roof AC units that have interior thermostats. It is fantastic. However, I am having the darndest time finding out how to change the AC filters. After tons of online searches, looking at videos, and reading manual of all kinds, it appears that, every two weeks, we literally have to take screws out of the roof units and rinse out the foam filters of these units. Does that seem right to you?

Everything else about the units and the systems seems so advanced, but the maintenance seems extremely clumsy and difficult to do on a regular basis. Especially for older folks. If anyone can verify, I would be so grateful. The dealer says we should have interior filters that can be replaced like a home system, but that is not the case. And I am unable to find anything else inside that even appears to be close to an AC filter.

Thanks in Advance,
Ann
amwebster45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 10:34 AM   #2

The filters should be in the intake side of the AC. Email Dometic and they should be able to tell you. I have the old style where you take off the plastic intake cover and a foam filter is located inside .
jacknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 07:45 AM   #3

Thank you. I have looked everywhere for an intake and cannot find it inside. It seems odd that it would be outside. It didn't occur to me to email Dometic. Thank you for that suggestion.

It's so wild to me that between Forest River and the dealer (and all of the user manuals), this isn't more straightforward, but...??

Really, thank you so much for responding.
amwebster45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blue ridge