Old 02-24-2014, 10:32 PM   #11
Yes I did they look fine? I will take a picture and post it

marc lucatuorto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 11:13 PM   #12
Originally Posted by marc lucatuorto View Post
Hi, I am a new Blue ridge owner of a 3025, MW and I found this rig on the internet at Best RV in Turlock ,CA. When we pulled the trigger and purchased it we didn't take the unit until we sold our other trailer and purchased a fifth wheel hitch. When we made the deal I asked them to throw in a front bedroom A/C unit. When we got there to pick up the unit and go thru the operating instruction I notice that the font A/C unit was half way installed and the Awning was coming off the roof supporting seam. They were in so much of a hurry to get us out of there they forgot to finish the A/C. They took our money and sent us on our way. When we got home we started to put everything in the unit . We live in Sacramento and it was hot so we turned on both A/C units, come to find out that the factory A/C unit was defective and had leaked out all the refrigerant! I called them and they said bring it back, Now mind you we live two plus hrs from the dealer, don't you think that they should have checked this before giving us the trailer !! Plus after that the inverter was damaged from the factory the Microwave oven didn't work and then there was a bolt coming thru the floor. plus the refrigerator motors were whining . All this and we haven't even took it camping once. Lucky we had a local Rv repair shop to repair all issues. I'm not finished, when they install the front A/C unit they uses an A/C unit that should be installed in the back of the fifth wheel. It was way to tall and put the RV at 14.5 high. When I called them on that they said that is unit that they put up there??? DAAA everyone knows that you put a low profile A/C unit in the front. So they said bring it down and we will exchanged it for a low profile and that it will cost me $900 to have it installed. What is this a joke. There going to take the one off my rig and install a new one plus charge me for the new one and then keep the one they installed when we struck a deal, are you kidding me. They also said that if I would have hit something with the A/c that they would fix all damage , What do you link I just got off the boat these people just don't give a *&^%^&* about anything but sell and give the tail light get out of here. Over all we love the unit now that we had everything fixed. But from another RV repair shop. Don't go to BEST RV IN TURLOCK they are the cheapest but there customer service SUCKS. OH one last thing my wife and I just returned from a four day camping trip and after cleaning the inside we noticed two more bolts coming thru the linoleum floor in the kitchen area. This time I contacted Forest River directly . they said to bring it back to Best RV and have them take the underbelly off and retighten all the bolts, Im still waiting for a time to bring it in. Bought it in August of 2013 and it 2-22-14. its been in for repairs longer then I have had a chance to use it. WHERE IS THE QUALITY CONTROLL AT THE FACTORY, IS THIS THE CAUSE OF CHEAP LABOR OR EVEN ELLIGAL LABOR AT IT BEST??
We bought from Best RV too...sigh. Believe me, I feel your pain. As a side note, check your tires.
We're about 1 hour from them, but NO WAY would I trust them to fix anything on my trailer. I've gone to Whittaker RV in Linden, might be too far for you though.
Oh, and did they tell you that you could stop off and overnight there for free anytime you wanted? That's what they told us. Then I called over there to see if I could use the dumping station, (should be free, right?) nope, 10 dollar dumping fee. It was only 5 dollars at the gas station/car wash place.

2013 f150 Ecoboost 4x4
2009 Gray Wolf, 22BH
TeresaInCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 11:31 PM   #13
2012 Solera
"Over all we love the unit now that we had everything fixed. But from another RV repair shop. Don't go to BEST RV IN TURLOCK they are the cheapest but there customer service SUCKS."
Sounds like you have found a competent RV repair shop (not your dealer). I did the same. See if Forest River will let you use that shop for your warranty work and send the bills to them. That is what I did. FR reimbursed me for the cost of my warranty repairs at a local shop I trusted way more than my dealer.

2012 Solera "S"
Calif SF Bay Area
JLeising is online now   Reply With Quote

blue ridge