Old 02-23-2014, 12:43 AM   #1

Angry blue ridge 3025

Hi, I am a new Blue ridge owner of a 3025, MW and I found this rig on the internet at Best RV in Turlock ,CA. When we pulled the trigger and purchased it we didn't take the unit until we sold our other trailer and purchased a fifth wheel hitch. When we made the deal I asked them to throw in a front bedroom A/C unit. When we got there to pick up the unit and go thru the operating instruction I notice that the font A/C unit was half way installed and the Awning was coming off the roof supporting seam. They were in so much of a hurry to get us out of there they forgot to finish the A/C. They took our money and sent us on our way. When we got home we started to put everything in the unit . We live in Sacramento and it was hot so we turned on both A/C units, come to find out that the factory A/C unit was defective and had leaked out all the refrigerant! I called them and they said bring it back, Now mind you we live two plus hrs from the dealer, don't you think that they should have checked this before giving us the trailer !! Plus after that the inverter was damaged from the factory the Microwave oven didn't work and then there was a bolt coming thru the floor. plus the refrigerator motors were whining . All this and we haven't even took it camping once. Lucky we had a local Rv repair shop to repair all issues. I'm not finished, when they install the front A/C unit they uses an A/C unit that should be installed in the back of the fifth wheel. It was way to tall and put the RV at 14.5 high. When I called them on that they said that is unit that they put up there??? DAAA everyone knows that you put a low profile A/C unit in the front. So they said bring it down and we will exchanged it for a low profile and that it will cost me $900 to have it installed. What is this a joke. There going to take the one off my rig and install a new one plus charge me for the new one and then keep the one they installed when we struck a deal, are you kidding me. They also said that if I would have hit something with the A/c that they would fix all damage , What do you link I just got off the boat these people just don't give a *&^%^&* about anything but sell and give the tail light get out of here. Over all we love the unit now that we had everything fixed. But from another RV repair shop. Don't go to BEST RV IN TURLOCK they are the cheapest but there customer service SUCKS. OH one last thing my wife and I just returned from a four day camping trip and after cleaning the inside we noticed two more bolts coming thru the linoleum floor in the kitchen area. This time I contacted Forest River directly . they said to bring it back to Best RV and have them take the underbelly off and retighten all the bolts, Im still waiting for a time to bring it in. Bought it in August of 2013 and it 2-22-14. its been in for repairs longer then I have had a chance to use it. WHERE IS THE QUALITY CONTROLL AT THE FACTORY, IS THIS THE CAUSE OF CHEAP LABOR OR EVEN ELLIGAL LABOR AT IT BEST??

Old 02-24-2014, 09:06 PM   #2

There is no quality control

Old 02-24-2014, 09:24 PM   #3

blue ridge 3025

Thanks for the reply.
I sent off an e-mail this morning to Tim Tyler from Forest River expressing my concerns about getting my unit to the repair shop at Best Rv in Turlock. I wanted him to know about all the repair that i have occurred since we bought the the Blue ridge 3025 fifth wheel and the dissatisfied response i have received from Best Rv. So guess what he called me this afternoon wanting to ask me what the conversation I have had with Best RV. Unfortunately i missed the phone call and when i called him back he was already gone for the day . I told him to call me at 6:00am Ca time tomorrow. Well we will see what happens?
Old 02-24-2014, 09:32 PM   #4

Does anyone know what the height limit is for a fifth wheel with an A/C up front?
Also does anyone have a problem with how there Blue Ridge sit when hooked up to there tow Vehicle. When i have mine hook up to my f-350 ford fully stock , no lift no big tires that the ass end is way low in the the back as if it is sagging and the wheel well trim sit down about 4" below the tire level? It seem to me as if the back end need to be lifted to level the rig up. who designs these units to the new trucks that are on the market today.
Any help would be helpful.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:41 PM   #5

In California no vechicle can be taller than 14 feet
Old 02-24-2014, 09:43 PM   #6

Ca vehicle code 35250
Old 02-24-2014, 10:05 PM   #7

I would find a scale and go through the weighing process to determine your pin and axle weights. My dually goes down a couple inches when hitched, but the wheel well is still above the rear wheels.

We have a low-profile AC up front and I assume I need 13'6" until I actually measure it hitched.

USN Retired (26 years), but not Retired retired
Home Port Orlando
Narboza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 10:32 PM   #8
Moderators' Assistant

marc, if you had done a search, on any RV forum, about Best RV, you would have found tons of posts about how BAD they are, especially after the sale.

we went to them back in 2006 and quickly found that they are not a reputable dealership. we left after trying to negotiate with them, vowing never to return.
they have one of the worst reputations in the RV community.

wish you would have asked about them, before you made the purchase.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 10:32 PM   #9

blue ridge

I think you are referring to my truck i am referring to the 3025 Blue Ridge .
The ass end of my fifth wheel sags it ass and . and the trim from the wheel skirt hangs down past almost half of the tire side wall. It seem that the ass end need to be lifted
Old 02-24-2014, 10:56 PM   #10

Have you looked under the 5er to see if the leaf springs are not broken

Tags
blue ridge