Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2014, 08:43 PM   #1

Blue Ridge Line issues

Does anyone know if the Management of Forest River reads these threads? It appears the "Quality Control" group are sleeping when these rigs pass thru.

I have a 3600 and have been fighting water leak issues.
The shower skylight was broken due to over torque of screws.
The entire roof has had to be re-sealed.
Storage bin door leaking around trim
Bedroom window seal leaking around trim
Bedroom glide seal is cut short on one side and leaks into belly storage area.
Entry door window leaked after a rain. Door hinge locked up, and sprung the door - the door had to be replaced.
Today I found the rubber seal on main glide not attached. Attachment screws are sticking thru the rubber and, thus, not attached to anything - just floating.
Kitchen glide rubber seal also cut short on the bottom of one side and allows bottom seal to catch water from side seal.

While I am on a whine:
A screw came up thru floor in kitchen.
Quick connect on kitchen sink - dog ears broke off and had to order part from MFG.
Had to have entertainment glide re-aligned.

I have owned this rig for a year.....
it's been in for repairs longer than I have had a chance to use it.

WHERE IS THE QUALITY CONTROL AT THE FACTORY? IS THIS THE RESULT OF CHEAP LABOR, POOR MANAGEMENT OR EVEN ILLEGAL LABOR AT ITS BEST??

Thank goodness I have an RV dealership that stays on top of and resolves the issues as quickly as they can.
jkaspar20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:25 PM   #2
Oklahoma Proud

Yes they do.
And posting a rant on here instead of going through the correct channels, will just aggravate the situation further.

Just remain calm and work with your dealer and thier manuf. rep for best results.

Just remember that what ever is posted on here is public knowledge and can be used for, or against someone when it comes to negotiations or even court.

MillerTime- Future Sabre Handler!!
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:27 PM   #3
Oklahoma Proud

Oh and sorry for your troubles.
Glad your dealer has helped so much with your issues!

Old 03-04-2014, 10:16 AM   #4

Thanks for the comment / info, Nothing is more heartbreaking than to open the door and find a pool of water by the entry.
Of coarse , this has to happen on the week before a trip with grandkids.(spring break)
Sent pictures of issues to dealer and working on some kind of resolution.
After reading forum on other owners issues with tv"s falling off wall because of rot, toilet leaks, glide leaks and the list goes on.
I have concerns on water damage long term. ie water stains and worst of all, rot. Just trying to protect my investment.
Old 03-04-2014, 10:30 AM   #5
FR3 Representative

Jkaspar20,

Yes, here at Forest River we do read these forums and take your input seriously. We take all of the information that we gather and make it known to our production staff. We are continuously trying to better our product both in features and quality. I will pass your feedback and experiences with our product on to our production and plant managers.
ssobkowiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 11:24 AM   #6
Oklahoma Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkaspar20 View Post
Thanks for the comment / info, Nothing is more heartbreaking than to open the door and find a pool of water by the entry.
Of coarse , this has to happen on the week before a trip with grandkids.(spring break)
Sent pictures of issues to dealer and working on some kind of resolution.
After reading forum on other owners issues with tv"s falling off wall because of rot, toilet leaks, glide leaks and the list goes on.
I have concerns on water damage long term. ie water stains and worst of all, rot. Just trying to protect my investment.
Completely understandable. Its always good to keep on top of water leaks.
Best of luck!!!

Old 03-04-2014, 09:20 PM   #7

I realize some of the posts on this & other forums about some small problem that the owner can easily fix; seems at times rather silly. I do greatly appreciate the rants where the owner is stating the facts about their problem(s).

I don't understand how putting factual information on a forum can aggravate the situation further. If the owner is going through the proper channels, does that mean their issues will not be properly resolved if they make their troubles known to other RV owners before it is resolved? I believe in using proper channels to get a resolution & I also believe the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

I also believe the old saying of "You should take notice when someone is saying buy what I have & you should really take notice when they say don't buy what I have". I have a Columbus ordered & since it will be my 1st FR product, I have been following this forum for over a year. No perfect RV was ever built but some brands have more than their share of issues & this forum is proof.

To the OP: I sympathize with your issues & hopefully they will be resolved. One leak is a problem. I would also rant if I had half the leaks you describe. Good Luck & happy trails.
Goukcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:48 PM   #8
Oklahoma Proud

Just to note that one of the community rules state that this forum is not to be a mechanism to vent frustrations with dealers, vendors and other customer disputes.
Just need to keep it clean and simple.
Best case would to state and discuss after the situation has been handled. That would help with alot of the nonconstructive and negitive comments that may arise needlessly.
Yes we all have a voice, but sometimes we need pause before its used.

You can say what you wish to a waiter..... but if it comes across too negatively or harshly, you may get some "special sauce".

You know the Golden Rule applies alot in the real world. Positivity brings positive reactions, and negativity not so much.

Not pointing fingers, just trying to help with positive outcomes for folks situations!

Old 03-04-2014, 10:29 PM   #9

I agree that we all have to live by certain rules & you will get more bears with honey than salt.

It seemed like you thought the OP was way out of line & the only thing he didn't do as you prescribe was to wait until it was resolved before he mentioned it on the forum. He stated his complaints, he questioned the quality control, & he stated that he was going through his dealer & was grateful that the dealer was on top of things.

I thought forums were for sharing ideas & helping each other. If we wait until after the situation had been handled before we state & discuss the issue; how can we ask if someone else has encountered the same issue & can share a resolution.
Goukcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 10:43 PM   #10
Oklahoma Proud

No sorry! I didn't mean to come off as they did anything out of line.
They asked if anybody from FR pays attention and I just stated that they did.
The rest was just my advise to have the most successful results for someones issues.
My oppologies OP if I came off in a harsh manor.

Old 03-04-2014, 10:44 PM   #11
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goukcats View Post
I agree that we all have to live by certain rules & you will get more bears with honey than salt.

It seemed like you thought the OP was way out of line & the only thing he didn't do as you prescribe was to wait until it was resolved before he mentioned it on the forum. He stated his complaints, he questioned the quality control, & he stated that he was going through his dealer & was grateful that the dealer was on top of things.

I thought forums were for sharing ideas & helping each other. If we wait until after the situation had been handled before we state & discuss the issue; how can we ask if someone else has encountered the same issue & can share a resolution.
X Eleventy, and the fact that ssobkowiak responded positively is reassuring.

I think posting about issues is helpful. If someone posted about the same model we own, it's a heads-up to us to watch for the same issues in ours.

How does that saying go? An ounce of caution is worth a pound of cure.

To the OP, here's hoping you soon get all the kinks worked out.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 12:27 AM   #12

It went back to shop today. They are going to have to pull LR glide out to re attach the rubber seal across the top.
FR owners, who have purchased from a dealership, have invested their hard earned money in a trailer, which is intended to bring us pleasure/comfort when we travel.
It would seem, that for the price you pay for it, it is expected / assumed the quality / workmanship would be better.
Yes, I have vented my frustrations BUT maybe my venting will give cause to other FR owners to look real hard at their rig. Maybe find issues, resolve them before the issues become Major issues. Also, if your rig is under warranty, it will be fixed under FR warranty. Note worthy: Pay attention to details and the "small print"
Word of mouth can help or harm.
FYI I have been RVing for 40 years. and have owned 7 rigs. This BR had issues before the first trip. and the issues just keep happening.
Old 04-11-2014, 06:02 AM   #13

Good luck jkaspar20. I finally traded my 3600 at a loss because it was continual serious issues. I had possession of it for 21 days out of over 6 months. I was not treated well by customer service, despite trying my best to be nice. You are right, one should expect a better product for the amount of money one spends....
farmall130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 09:54 PM   #14

Good luck! curious what did you trade for?
Old 04-12-2014, 12:11 PM   #15

We traded for a Montana 3100RL. It has hickory cabinets and slide fascia and is really nicely built. I know folks have problems with all makes, but so far, we love this one. It's nice to enjoy camping again.
farmall130 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blue ridge