Old 05-06-2011, 11:30 AM   #11

It's a shot in the dark, but I though I would mention it. Did you deal with the owner/manager or someone below him? Sometimes it's the person down the chain of command that shrugs customers off hoping you will just go away. All the best to you and sorry for the mess you are going thru.

mooneybeem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 12:00 PM   #12

Sorry to say it but we were talking to the owner. I was thinking the same thing when he was talking to us, so I asked if he was the owner.

I am contacting Dometic today to see if they will help us out. (this is the make of the A/C unit) and I might try FR...but I am not holding my breath on that one.

Thanks for you help.

Old 05-06-2011, 12:02 PM   #13
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesdancing View Post
We check the 4 bolts, two were loose. But we are still having a problem with leaking even after tightening them.

Can't get local dealer to do the work for repairs because he claims that Forest River doesn't pay him enough to do the repair work. hmmmmm Not what I expected from Forest River dealership. Disappointed.

krussel, I don't know if you have had this problem as well but I am not crazy about the company's customer care after shelling out big money for their product.
You can not "retorque" the closed cell foam gasket. It must be replaced. Once dirt gets between the foam and the textured roof, it is going to leak no matter what you do. "Don't ask how I know"

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 12:17 PM   #14

OK that is good to know. I just email Dometic so we will see what I need to do to replace this gasket.

Sounds like it might be a common problem. I would think running down the road those units wiggle around a lots. So it might not be a bad idea to have a spare just in case.

Water and pressed board cabinets don't mix well. Just hope we have stop this ASAP! Of course we are looking at more rain heading our way!! Just can't win it seems.

Thanks for your help
Old 05-06-2011, 01:54 PM   #15

We had a leak in our front bunk and after the dealer had it five times and couldn't fix it, FR had it sent back to them and they fixed it. Our dealership says FR is the best company for backing up their campers. Hope you get it repaired/replaced soon. I feel your disappointment.
2011 Shamrock 23ss
2000 Suburban 1500 4 X 4
ngts camped 2016-24 so far. reservations for 11 more
ilovecamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:28 PM   #16
Site Team - Lou

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...g-on-7112.html

Is a good thread on this subject.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 08:06 PM   #17

Sorry for the delay

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherdep View Post
that really blows that your weekend didnt go so well.
Document everything you can to help your case including pictures like stated above.

Quick question for ya though -
was it a used 2010 but new to you or a left over 2010 which was never titled until you bought it?

I always wondered what warranty would be if you bought a new last year left over - whether it would have full warranty or not.
It was new. We bought it in Feb. 11, a left-over. Got a good deal, but then again, we got what we paid for!
Old 05-16-2011, 08:11 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike06081969 View Post
Deleted per OP's request. He mistakenly blamed the MFR
Love Good Sam, but at the end of the day, wished we'd have bought a NuWa Hitchhiker. We've had two of them and NEVER had any problems like this. Just didn't want to spend the extra money. Guess we should have.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:16 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesdancing View Post
We attended a big show in Indianapolis (Boat Sport and Travel Show) and talked to some FR dealers, and they told me not to try and "nickel and dime" the company with some problems on my unit. grrrrr I would think they would be wanting happy owners of FR products so they would have more people looking to buy FR units. ....but once you are suckered in to buying one....too bad sooo sad is the feeling I am getting from them.

I am finding many businesses these days just don't have a good service record. This is not helping the economy in this country at all.

Thanks for the input and sorry krussel for high jacking your post....I just had to jump in on your problem because I am sharing your grief.

I love the looks of this RV but its has its problems. Retailing at $50,000 you'd thing this wouldn't be the problem. Thank goodness we got our's a lot cheaper.
Good for you! Glad you got a good unit at a good price. We have purchased two NuWa's in the past 15 years and have never had a problem with them. Just wish we'd have thought about the quality instead of the money this time. We have a son at college and thought we could get a good product and a lower price, since it was a "10 leftover. Wish we'd have paid for quality now.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:48 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovecamping View Post
We had a leak in our front bunk and after the dealer had it five times and couldn't fix it, FR had it sent back to them and they fixed it. Our dealership says FR is the best company for backing up their campers. Hope you get it repaired/replaced soon. I feel your disappointment.
Hope they did fix it! We talked to a FR rep for our area and he was a jerk. This was our first weekend out, and they would have had to replace the back end, the one piece floor in the LR, etc., etc., etc. I'm not impressed with FR, but I'm definitely impressed with our dealer who bought our unit back and sold us Cardinal for invoice (we saw it!). $76,000 vs. $41,000. But we still may trade it off for a Hitchhiker in a year or two. Much better quality and they stand behind what they sell!

Tags
blue ridge