Old 05-16-2011, 07:59 PM   #21
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
You can not "retorque" the closed cell foam gasket. It must be replaced. Once dirt gets between the foam and the textured roof, it is going to leak no matter what you do. "Don't ask how I know"
I'm so sorry you have problems. We have not gotten anywhere with FR. I think maybe we all need to ban together and send letters to the CEO of the company, or even better, the holding company for FR, which is the one Warren Buffet owns. Campers want to buy US products, (what else is there?) but when there is shoddy work involved why should we?

There is a very good Kansas manufacturer, but the only problem is, you have to pay for the quality. We had a few problems with the ones we purchased from them, but they were minor. Nothing like this.

krussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 08:09 PM   #22
Originally Posted by TitanFlyer View Post
How do dealers get away with this? If you go and buy a Honda in another state, and had a problem, and the local dealership said they wouldn't work on it FOR ANY REASON, that dealership would get the business end of a boot from Honda. I don't know if its the manufacturers fault for nickel and diming the dealers, or the dealers for cutting back so far that they can't do the servicing, but when you invest the kind of money we are for these units, we shouldn't EVER deal with that kind of crap.

PS - Sorry to hear about your problems. I was on the fence about spending a little more on a BR bunkhouse over the lower cost Sierra, and your post a while ago did help me to decide. My new Sierra is at the dealer today waiting for me.

From what we were told - here in Kansas we have to pay "premium" price for a unit as compared to say Texas (where the population is a lot higher, and prices for units a lot lower due to higher sales). When we first started out years ago, we purchased a FR product in Dallas due to the fact that it was about $4000 cheaper than here in Kansas. When we wanted warranty work done on it, no one in Kansas would touch it! They asked us where we bought it, and when we told them, they told us to "get it off their lot." Guess we should have learned our lesson.

krussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 08:20 PM   #23
do what I did and stand out in front of the dealer ship with a sign thats says "don't buy an Rv Here" it helped me out.

airplane66 is offline   Reply With Quote

blue ridge