Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-27-2012, 04:14 PM   #1

Thumbs down BlueRidge a lemon?

Maybe we have a lemon.
We bought a 2011 BlueRidge 3025 in May.
It has not been happy camping for us since this purchase.
We have had multiple electric problems. Including having the converter go out.
Faucet screws in shower rusted, and replace the shower faucet -leaking.
Shower walls are coming off the walls.
A drawer fell apart.
Screw came out of brace for steps during travel.
Finial comes off light every trip.
Mouldings all warped and fell off exposing screws.
Front compartment mouldings warped and has a 1/2 space into the basement exposed.
Dining area slider does not close completely.
we have been on 5 mini trips. Every single one was a
headache. This is our long trip 1300 miles. And staying in it for 3 months. We have had nothing but problems on this trip as well.
We always dreamed of our life and being able to travel. Its been more of a nightmare.
We traded in a 9 yr old Hurricane for this fifth wheel to have more comfort and space. Well we have the space but no piece of mind. I cannot recommend a Forest River Product.
shipsnoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 04:27 PM   #2

I feel your pain and you have my sympathy. We had a lot of issues with our Wildcat when we bought it in 2007 and I still have a bad taste in my mouth from the experience.
Last year was our first trouble free year with the Wildcat so I'm hoping all of our troubles are behind us. I don't recommend Forest River either.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 04:30 PM   #3
Site Team

Sorry to ready about your disappointment.

If you haven't already done so you might wish to consider buying the second year warranty for about $150 @ Forest River.

In the meantime I recommend having your service department fix the items right away. I would be bugging them until you are happy.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 06:57 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

I am also sorry to hear of the problems you have faced. It seems that the consistency between units can vary a lot and you might very well have a lemon. Too bad the lemon laws don't cover trailers/5W.

I second the attempt to get the second year extension to the warranty. Some have done that quite a bit after the stated 10-day window.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:34 PM   #5
Site Team

[QUOTE=Triguy;157451]I am also sorry to hear of the problems you have faced. It seems that the consistency between units can vary a lot and you might very well have a lemon. Too bad the lemon laws don't cover trailers/5W.

I second the attempt to get the second year extension to the warranty. Some have done that quite a bit after the stated 10-day window.[/QUOTE]

I think I had my trailer 7 months when I added it on.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 07:46 AM   #6

Shipsnoopy,

Sounds like our units came from the same lot. I have the exact year and model BR and we've had our share of problems as well. It took three dealers to finally get the things I found in the first year fixed. I'm about to go out of warranty and it scares me to think what the second year holds.

We'll start with the electrical problems you mentioned. The unit would just start going haywire with the propane detector and buzzing and lights flashing. Turned out that was a bad ground. The fridge had to be replaced, the microwave had to be replaced, we had a leak in the hydraulic system which eventually picked up air in the line and caused the slide with the fridge to tip out at the top about a foot when going around corners. The first dealer said the fix was to place a tension bar on the inside so they cut us a shower rod with two rubber tips to place between the wall and the top of the slide. I just looked at the guy and asked "are you serious?" he told me that was the fix FR authorized. I just pulled away from that dealer as quick as possible. The third dealer found and fixed the hydraulic issue and readjusted the slide. Our shower was leaking at the base and the screws in the shower are also rusting. The hot water tank went out over a weekend which turned out to be a burned wire and element. We took showers on Saturday and on Sunday morning didn't have any hot water. FR supposedly told the second dealer they would not cover the element and wire change because we must have dry fired it. There was no way since we were hooked up to a water line on both days. Do you really make a customer who bought a new 38k unit from you dissatisfied arguing over an inexpensive element and a wire?

We too were thrilled with this model when purchased last year but were pretty disappointed in the service from FR. I emailed and left voicemails for the factory rep and never got a response. Our only saving grace is we found a dealer willing to do the warranty work even though we didn't purchase from them. I do have to give kudos to Roots RV in Mitchell, IN. We took a punch list of items to them and each were fixed and explained to us.

Good luck with your unit, we are cautiously optimistic about the coming RV season with ours. I wasn't aware of a second year warranty. Our dealer said they offered a 7 year warranty for $1,700 through a second party company. I was a little nervous about 7 years with a company that could go out of business tomorrow.
Markp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 08:38 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Its worth a try to get the 2nd year coverage. The number to call used to be 574-389-4600. They should be able to let you know and you just need your VIN and credit card.

Here's a long thread on it ... Forest River Extended Warranty (2nd year)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf warranty_addon.pdf (843.7 KB, 64 views)

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:54 AM   #8
camping

If your close to the factory I would look at taking it to them to get the repairs done.
like some of the others I found out about the second year warranty about 4 months into ownership- my dealer threw that piece of paper away.

2007 Chevy 2500HD CC
2010 V-Lite 30WRLTS
Nights Camped 2011 -64
Nights Camped 2012 -50
"I Live in My Own World, But It's OK. They Know Me"
tentcamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 08:04 PM   #9

We must have had our trailers built on a Friday. They say thats the most unproductive day. I hope your future is trouble free- as it sounds like yours has almost been completely re-built.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:34 PM   #10

Shipsnoopy,

I too hate to hear that you have had troubles. You have quite an extensive list. You have owned the trailer for 8 months and are currently staying in the trailer while on your 6th trip of 1300 miles. The 5 mini trips of nightmares occurred within 5 months or more – depending on how much time you have invested in the current trip. With a track record like that you do have a disaster and apparently from the get go.

Who/What has been your main source of resolve?

How did the multiple electrical issues get resolved? Besides the converter, what were the specifics of the many electrical issues?

From what you write, it some of the issues have not been resolved? For examples, you write:

Shower walls are coming off the walls.
A drawer fell apart.
Finial comes off light every trip.
[Moldings] all warped and fell off exposing screws.
Front compartment [moldings] warped and has a 1/2 space into the basement exposed.
Dining area slider does not close completely.

Getting that 2nd year warranty is good advice – an insurance policy. However, I would do more than purchase a warranty as I would start standing up for myself. You need to take action and you need to take it now as the clock is running out!
campdohbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 10:22 PM   #11

Our electrical had problems with some grounding issues.
Took the dealer several days to find it.
As with the other issues I have not contacted Forest River or our dealer. Our plans are to do that tomorrow.
I think I vented and now its on to solutions, I really posted this with hopes of hearing from other Blue Ridge owners.
2011 was the first year and maybe they have worked out some bugs for the second year. The floorplan is great, just too many disappointments with everything that has gone wrong.
Old 02-05-2012, 10:33 PM   #12

We have a 2011 3705BH and just got back from Canton, TX First Monday Trade Days. We have been out several times to football tailgating event with out new Blue Ridge and this past weekend was our first time out in a park. Very happy with everything so far. We had some minor issues when we pick up the unit but have been working with the dealer to correct - a little slow but we are getting there.
retracwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:25 PM   #13

Hi Fellow BR 5th wheel owners.
Sorry to hear about the problems you folks are having. We have a 2012 3025rl. Love the floor plan and living in it since Oct 2011, most everything is working good. We do have a couple of problems and need to catch up to a dealer who will do the repairs. I would take care of them myself but it is under warranty. I did not know that you could get a second year for $150.00. We bought a 7 year from a third party, Extra Ride. It was not cheep but anyone can work on it just not FR people. Hope you guys can work the problems out and enjoy it.
ejjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:28 AM   #14

Repairs Crusader 270 RET

If you have not contacted RVGUY, then you are way over due.....our problems with our new 270RET came almost immediately after leaving the dealership...six visits later and 24 items corrected, we now feel like we have a pretty good 5-er...
Getting ready to hit the road for our second and only trip since Nov. 2011 when we purchased this unit..
Good Luck
LKicklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:54 PM   #15

Next Step

Might want to contact RV GUY,,understand he has some pull around the Forest River Plant...he worked very hard to get our dealer in getting there act together..still have a couple of issues, heading there first thing in the morning to either work it out or call the BBB...
LKicklight
Crusader 270RET 2011
Old 05-27-2012, 12:39 PM   #16

Repairs

Glad to hear that RVGUY came to your rescue as well, he certainly did on ours..Now only wish he could improve the attitude of the dealers. I went in last week to talk about a billing problem and bamb, right in my face with a cursing verbal attack by the dealers owner...Will not repeat any of the words thrown at me, but once again, wish we had purchased the same coach from Dixie RV down Florida. A few years down the road, we will purchasing our retirement coach, biggest and baddest we can get our hands on, bet your bottom dollar it will not be from where we purchased this one..
Some dealers should work a little harder on customer services....
Old 05-28-2012, 08:11 AM   #17

I can honestly say that through this whole thing, my dealer has tried hard to resolve the problems. This is the third RV I've bought from them, and they treat me like family there. I can't imagine how frustrating it might be if I had a bad dealer as well.
2008 F-250 Lariat 4x4 6.4 Powerstroke
Firestone Ride-Rites w/cab control
mike06081969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:47 AM   #18

I am new here and don't know about posting, but I did post something regarding my 2012 Blue Ridge 3025. Has slide problem and many, many other issues. I was wondering about this $150. 2nd year warranty. I think we're going to need it. And who is RV Guy. I am trying to deal with FR in Indiana now after taking RV in 4 times to get slide fixed, but not happening.
frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:48 AM   #19

Where do we find out about the $150. 2nd year warranty. Out 2012 3025 is coming up with losts of issues, the biggest being a crooked slide.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:11 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKicklight View Post
Might want to contact RV GUY,,understand he has some pull around the Forest River Plant...he worked very hard to get our dealer in getting there act together..still have a couple of issues, heading there first thing in the morning to either work it out or call the BBB...
LKicklight
Crusader 270RET 2011
How do I contact RV GUY?

Tags
blue ridge