Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-25-2011, 07:46 PM   #21

Thank, Mark, I looked at Keystone Laredos and a Silveback Cedar Creek at Lazydays in Tampa today. Taking my wife back tomorrow. Maybe coming back to Blue Ridge. It is local in Orlando and Tampa is 100 mile south
SC
samcunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 02:05 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesdancing View Post
Tried turning off the electricity to the water heater but it still doesn't switch over.

I don't know what else to do. It has me puzzled.

The local Forest River dealer won't service the water heater because he claims that Forest River doesn't pay enough for him work on the trailer. He is a dealer but won't service the trailer.
Try leaving both switches in the "on" position then disconnect elec line.
Heater will go to gas, I think. On the drain thing..you should have 3 (we do)
"T" handles in a compartment aft of the gas compartment. There is a handle for the galley, gray water and black water. Do them one at a time and watch your levels to figure which handle does which tank.
To all on the forum. I started the forum after we bought our 3125. Once we got numerous cosmetic problems worked out, things have been good. It's good to see that no one is having any major problems and are enjoying their BR.
rbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 02:18 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcunningham View Post
Thank, Mark, I looked at Keystone Laredos and a Silveback Cedar Creek at Lazydays in Tampa today. Taking my wife back tomorrow. Maybe coming back to Blue Ridge. It is local in Orlando and Tampa is 100 mile south
SC
Sam..let us know what ya'll decide.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:24 AM   #24

rbrad: We went back and "looked' at Lazydays and jumped over to a Bighorn Heartland.3455RL. we made a deal on that one last night...last day of the month. I ended up paying more than I wanted to but Nona's happy so everyone can be happy now.
I'll keep in touch
Old 03-02-2011, 04:20 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcunningham View Post
rbrad: We went back and "looked' at Lazydays and jumped over to a Bighorn Heartland.3455RL. we made a deal on that one last night...last day of the month. I ended up paying more than I wanted to but Nona's happy so everyone can be happy now.
I'll keep in touch
Congratulations! Please make sure they do a thorough PDI..leave no stone unturned.
Happy trails.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:09 PM   #26

Hello. I'm new on here. I just traded my 2010 Flagstaff 831RLSS TT for a 2011 Blue Ridge 3705BH fifth wheel. We've taken it out twice so far. We absolutely love it the floor plan. The overall length is 40'3", which I failed to fully consider when I bought it. After some slight modifications to my driveway and moving the mailbox, I can actually turn in off the road now! Live and learn. After owning a Flagstaff, I already knew that Forest River's owner's manuals are the pits. It looks like they could afford to print unit specific manuals for as much as you have to pay for an RV.
2008 F-250 Lariat 4x4 6.4 Powerstroke
Firestone Ride-Rites w/cab control
mike06081969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 08:37 PM   #27

rbrad:
good point about PDI, Lazydays has a good system. They let you move into the unit on site for 2-3 days after they give you the walk through. The walk through was "pretty good". The first night it stormed and I checked ALL seals and none leaked. We did find problems and they came out the next morning and repaired them and said "see what else you can find". Both problems were bad electrical connections and they located them in a timely manner. Unfortunately that is a indicator of less than perfect manufacturing. We have used it for about a week now and have not found any additional problems...that I was not able to correct. They also gave us "drive training" with our P/U and unit. My wife drove it making both left and right turns and really got the hang of it. I'm the only one that backed it, but the trainer trained us both how to assist each other. She drove it half the distance home.. and her half was through the middle of Orlando on I - 4.
I was impressed with the dealer's attention and followup. The only thing that I did not like was the "pressure" to buy extra overlapping warranty packages to the tune of about $2500.00 added to the principle. I did get them canceled but am still working issues here.
We hope to take some weekend trips over the next few months and a 3 week trip...to somewhere...in Oct. Any suggestion on trip planning??? I am "thinking" something like ..drive a day and play a day...routine. I don't want to be on the road everyday.
Have a great week... we are..

Sam and Teresa

Tags
blue ridge