Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-20-2015, 07:27 PM   #1

Smile Consider purchasing a 2014 Blue ridge 3600; forum comments are scaring us away - help!

We are considering the purchase of a new 2014 blue ridge 3600 RS fifth wheel and having the dealer install a 5500 watt Onan LP generator (generator preped). However, we have found many concerns on this forum from Blue Ridge customers re: the quality of the fifth wheel and the backing of the warranty by Forrest River that are scaring us away. What are your thoughts? Anyone have anything good to say about their 3600 RS fifth wheel and Forest River? Is there differences in quality between the model years? Should we let the dealer do the install or find another company to do it or are we wasting our money?
Roxyranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 10:23 AM   #2

We bought a Cedar Creek Silverback 33rl (2015) after looking at several Blue Ridge models. I suggest you monitor this forum under Cedar Creek. You will find MANY HAPPY CAMPERS! Fit and finish blemishes are minimal. Factory for Cedar Creek is very easy to communicate with and I have found them very helpful.
Regardless of choice of unit, unless you plan to boon dock a lot, an installed generator may not be worth the effort. You can get the full double Honda units, light weight and quiet, for around $2100. And, you do not lose all of that storage space.
Not knowing what your budget is, we had our Silverback built for $55,000, before tax and shipping, with the following upgrades:
* bedroom a/c
* whirlpool convection oven
* Trump Serta Home Edition mattress
* Washer prep
* TrailAir hitch
For us, a very comfortable unit.
Good luck!!
Ps: our prior fifth wheel was a triple slide Keystone Outback Sydney. Towed it x country and wintered in AZ 2 years ago. Did Grand Canyon and Route 66! In my opinion, it was equal to Blue Ridge. Ran me $35,000 delivered from the national show in Louisville to Atlanta. We are retired and decided Cedar Creek Silverback offered the appointments that were important to us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 06:51 PM   #3

Smile

See my comments in this (Blue Ridge) blog:"2014 Blue Ridge 3600RS". My earlier comments still stand. We are very happy with our purchase!
Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 08:49 PM   #4

We have a 2013 Blue Ridge. We have had our share of issues. It even went back to the factory for additional repairs. Forest River Fixed everything at their cost.
Yes, We have had LOTS of issues but WE would buy another Forest River product.
FYI Blue Ridge assembly line had some assembly issues. Those assemblers have been let go. Resulting of fewer issues from the assembly line . Better Quality Product.
It helps to have a reliable RV dealership that work with FR. I have read on the forum where dealerships won't intercede for their customers.
Cedar Creek is the Top of the line 5th wheel. Blue Ridge is a step down from a Cardinal without the bling and lighter in weight. We went with the Blue Ridge 3600 floor plan. It has counter space that a lot of the other floor plans don't have.
Good Luck.
jkaspar20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 02:27 PM   #5
Blue Ridge 3600

Had our 3600RS for 10 months. Lots of issues. Too many to list here but finally as we reach the end of the warranty we have gotten most of the issues fixed. Great floorplan for us and the biggest kitchen we could find.
billg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 01:53 PM   #6

Contrary to others, we have had fewer issues with our 2014 BR than I expected. Yes, all complex trailers will have problems. Some major, most minor. I have seen a lot of irritation and some rage speaking in these forums. Everyone has a different experience and opinion. Sometimes it gets pretty wild here.

USN Retired (26 years), but not Retired retired
Home Port Orlando
Narboza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 11:05 AM   #7

We purchased a 2014 3025 Blue Ridge a year ago. Had some minor warranty repairs done within the first 2 months. Since then no problems. We are very happy with the unit and it is well built. Its basically built on the same platform as the Cardinal. In fact they were so close that FR started making changes in 2015 to give more separation between the Blue Ridge and Cardinals.
mbrolin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blue ridge, 2014