Old 07-07-2012, 11:14 AM   #1

Considering a 3710BH

My DW an I are considering a purchase of a 2013 3710BH for full time use. We have grown children but would like to have friends and relatives stay with us. We have been doing research on fifth wheels and full time RV use for several years and have been to sales lots and camper shows so we have a pretty good idea and some knowledge of this type of RV.

Stopped at a local dealer this week and were shown this model. Liked it but before we signed the build order we wanted to check this model out. Found this forum and thought we would get some advise on this model and other Forest River products.

Based on what I have read the 3710BH has or has had many problems. Should I steer clear of this as we are both retired now, just waiting for a contract on our home, so this purchase would be our home.

Thank you, Dave

Chevy Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:54 PM   #2

I also own the 2011 3705 version only problems so far are a seal that has came loose and an air conditioner motor fail, I purchased an aftermarket service plan that covers all of these things, but other than these we love our rig

Blueridge40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 08:02 PM   #3

Can you walk from front to back with the slides in???? That was the one of the main things that the DH and I where were looking for....
2011 Greywolf 26rl
nuisance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:11 PM   #4

On the 3705, you cannot get into the bunk room with the slides in. You can get into the rear 1/2 bath from the outside, but the slides come together and block access to the bunk room itself. You can get to the kitchen and front bedroom and bathroom okay with the slides in. I haven't been in a 3710, but I think the floor plan is similar.
2008 F-250 Lariat 4x4 6.4 Powerstroke
Firestone Ride-Rites w/cab control
mike06081969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:33 PM   #5

Sorry my bad, mine is the 3704, no access to any rear when all 5 slides are closed. Tight fit to the front bed and bath also
Blueridge40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:52 PM   #6

That might be something to think about. Needing to stop somewhere and not be able to open the slides. The DH and I stopped for the night onetime and could not open our slide, there was just no room. I was thankful that I could still make dinner, clean up and get to bathroom and bedroom.
Just something to keep in mind when looking...
2011 Greywolf 26rl
nuisance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:02 AM   #7

We purchased a 3600. First trip was to Florida. Unit worked great up until the morning we were scheduled to leave. Rear AC (15k) stopped working at 4 am. Brought it to our dealer and he found the electrical entrance plug wires had not been tightened and burnt one leg. Lucky no fire. We then a 7000 5 week trip out west. Did not have the rear AC until we made it to Rapid City where it was replaced. It would not have upset me if it failed on the road but I told my dealer I did not think it was cooling properly. It was very hot in Amarillo Texas but once we were in the mountains it was bearable. After the rear AC was fix the rest of the trip was uneventful.

I brought the unit in for minor issues. Checked the unit out and left on a two week trip. Set up and bedroom AC failed. Unit does not cool down with one AC when it is 100 degrees in Louisiana. Not being able to cool the unit below 90 degrees we packed up and headed home. Once home we were unloading and noticed a screw sticking up through the floor in the walkway between the kitchen area and living room. The AC was replaced and we are waiting for the FR tech to arrive at the dealer to install two truss. The truss above the rear axial bent. They are thinking it is during the auto level process that the frame is twisting.

I want to make one trip without any problems, come home unpack and park it. Not much to ask for.

I have always said an RV manufacturer is like Microsoft. Build it, throw it out the door and let the owner of the RV test it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1778323599.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	19937  
Rfolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:17 PM   #8

I would check the warranty. Some manufacturers void the warranty for full time use.
I've seen / heard of the hydraulic levelers twisting the frames on the longer / heavier rigs with a 10" I beam frame. Hopefully they get yours fixed correctly.

2011 - GMC 3500 Dually
Cardinal RV Club
Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote