Old 07-15-2012, 01:24 AM   #1

Considering Blue Ridge 3125

Hello Everyone,

The wife and I are looking at a Blue Ridge 3125 and wanted to see what people think of them as far a quality goes. I understand every manufacturer has some issues but I'm wondering how these units are holding up. Any insight is very much appreciated.

Thanks,
John

2013 Cardinal 3030RL
B&W Companion Hitch
“Trail Air” air bag pin box
jt1920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:32 PM   #2

John, I own a BR 3705BH. It is a very nice camper and we are finally enjoying it. However, the first six months after I bought it new we had a lot of trouble with it. There were a lot of QC issues from the factory. My dealer has got it mostly ironed out, but we had a host of minor problems and a few major ones, from a busted black tank to loose wiring connections. We haven't had any new problems this year and have thoroughly enjoyed it. Keep in mind that folks who have had problems are always the most vocal.

Blue Ridge and Cardinal are sister units, so you might want to check with some Cardinal owners as well and see what their experience has been. The BR has a lot of storage, which is what sold me on it over the Keystone Montana. Now that most of the kinks are worked out, I hope to have it for several more years. It is perfect for us, but there were a few months that I'd have liked to have parked it on the desk of whomever is responsible for Forest River QC.

Good luck with your decision. I hope whatever you choose gives you many years of happy camping.

2008 F-250 Lariat 4x4 6.4 Powerstroke
Firestone Ride-Rites w/cab control
mike06081969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:42 AM   #3

Mike,

Thanks for the reply. We spent a lot of time looking at the Blueridge and a Wildcat Sterling 32RL over the weekend but the wife and I didn't get the "this is it" feeling from either unit. The dealer had a Cardinal 3030RL on the lot and when we walked in felt this was what we've been looking for so we pulled the trigger on the purchase and will be picking it up on Saturday. We both like the open feeling of the layout in the Cardinal and the full size shower is a real plus. The unit has lots of options and we're excited to get back out since its been over a year since we sold our class c and have been missing getting out.

Thanks again for the info and I'll probably start a new thread once we get the unit to let everyone know how it checks out.

John
Old 07-17-2012, 03:11 AM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt1920 View Post
Mike,

Thanks for the reply. We spent a lot of time looking at the Blueridge and a Wildcat Sterling 32RL over the weekend but the wife and I didn't get the "this is it" feeling from either unit. The dealer had a Cardinal 3030RL on the lot and when we walked in felt this was what we've been looking for so we pulled the trigger on the purchase and will be picking it up on Saturday. We both like the open feeling of the layout in the Cardinal and the full size shower is a real plus. The unit has lots of options and we're excited to get back out since its been over a year since we sold our class c and have been missing getting out.

Thanks again for the info and I'll probably start a new thread once we get the unit to let everyone know how it checks out.

John
Congrats on your new Cardinal! It's good to know that you found the right unit for your family. Looking forward to hearing more about it along with pictures.

Terier

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:49 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt1920 View Post
Mike,

John
Congratulations on your new Cardinal, John. BTW, welcome to the FR Forum. We look forward to hearing from you often. Happy Camping!
2008 F-250 Lariat 4x4 6.4 Powerstroke
Firestone Ride-Rites w/cab control
mike06081969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:39 PM   #6

Mike, did you get all your issues with the FR unit worked out? Did you have to contact the factory or service rep? I have dealt with 2 dealerships, one where we bought the RV and the other in our home state. Neither could fix the slide problem and service rep. ignores my calls and e-mails. Thinking of checking with his supervisor.
Thanks

Tags
blue ridge