Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-24-2013, 08:47 AM   #21

I too have had many problems with my blue ridge, after waiting 3 months for parts, I have still not received, I decided to do the work my self, after taking some parts off the closet I found many of the screws holding the rail on, either stripped thru the alum, or not even making contact with it. As for me I live in it while working, taking it in for 3 months is not an option for me. I find that all the problems I have are from quality control, there is none!!!!
folgerm07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 09:55 AM   #22

you do not have the worst I do, here is what I has fixed since it was new last year, slide motors 2 times, LP regulator, vinyl floor in kitchen, carpet in kitchen slide, delam just aft of the fdw door, staples in outside wall, brakes suck so I put my own money and time into fixing, flush for black hooked up to fresh tank, black tank cables replaced, fresh tank supports (I installed), numerous times on-demand heater went inop, dealer tried to fix but I did it myself, slide controller went inop, hyd pump motor for slides went inop and they did not put access in (I was pissed) 1st trip , manufacturing trash everwhere. I fixed myself other items but cant think of them right now. you might have issues with yours but are they as long as mine??

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
jevanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 02:27 PM   #23

geez i have a 3600rs and am living in it at work pipelining in northern british columbia canada have had no problems so far that wasnt a direct assault of the winter (-36c) the biggest problem i have with it and wish i would have looked more into it before i bought it is that the city water hookup is in the back of the trailer and has to run to the front to a heated compartment ??????????? even with it skirted in it has froze just inside the trailer am getting a tech to install a water hook up in that compartment other than that so far so good
articrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 04:59 PM   #24

I won't defend forest river, however, my wife and I just sold a blue ridge 3025 that we lived in for a year straight and had not one problem. If you figure that the average person camps about a month a year, or so it seems we put the equivalent of 10 years use plus on it in 1 year. We made it through all 4 seasons starting Oct and winter. Ours went through several severe storms and we took it camping in several states while it was our permanent home. I think like some others mention that some just seem to get away or the dealer doesn't do a very good job on the delivery. We have a brand new work and play 30wrs right now and have had it out 4 times since Sept and just brought it home in freezing weather and it has been good. All I can say is I hope everyone can find something that will make camping all the fun it should be for each of us.
Scott Colegrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 11:44 AM   #25

Blue ridge warranty

I have had issues with my 3600 but I had the phone number of the factory warranty rep. All issues were repaired to my satisfaction. Now that I have everything fixed and we were full time, my wife's health prevents us from continuing. Talk about a let down.

If you have problems, do not even bother with your dealer. Find out who the factory rep is and work with him/her.
Rfolds is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel, blue ridge, wheel