Old 10-26-2013, 08:20 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancythecamper View Post
We're a bit frustrated right now ourselves but in our case it's the dealer that sold us our Tracer that's driving DH to distraction. Camping World in Dover FL ~ say they did something that they simply didn't do. this was after having it in there for nearly 2 weeks! It was a roof reseal for pete's sake ~ doesn't take that long and isn't that time/labor intensive. I feel for anyone that has to repeatedly take their unit back to the dealer or repair facility. It just isn't fun. Good luck with the Montana ~ they have some sweet floorplans
Find a Mobile RV Tech for your area. They will make you much happier.

Old 10-26-2013, 09:17 AM   #12

WOW. We have a 2013 Blue Ridge 3125rt and love it. We have had no issues with it and have pulled it about 6000 miles since getting it new in April. Seems like every manufacturer has some that sneak by.

2015 Ford F250 4X4, 6.7 PSD
Pullrite Slider Hitch
jonandjolene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:43 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Tomjsas, You got a jewel of a trailer. I'm sure you will enjoy it and if you do have a problem I have heard of no one in the Rockwood/Flagstaff plant that hasn't bent over backwards. Granted I'm probably biais on Rockwood. Even through I feel for this guy and his problems, you have to remember that this is a forum as you know. People do complain on it. Or ask why. Just remember that there are 1000's of your model out there that no ones hears about also. I hope you are going to see you made a wise choice with your 8289WS....Happy Camping... If you read the Montana Forum it is the same problems just a different manufacturer.
True there are many more units that get sold without problems and that forums often attract people that need to vent or have had bad experiences however a company's true worth is how they respond and step up when there are issues.
Old 10-26-2013, 10:43 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucsplace View Post
True there are many more units that get sold without problems and that forums often attract people that need to vent or have had bad experiences however a company's true worth is how they respond and step up when there are issues.
I can't argue that point you are correct.........That makes return customers.......To me it is just the whole industry. Things will break from these wonderful highway systems in the USA, just towing them......
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 10:47 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancythecamper View Post
We're a bit frustrated right now ourselves but in our case it's the dealer that sold us our Tracer that's driving DH to distraction. Camping World in Dover FL ~ say they did something that they simply didn't do. this was after having it in there for nearly 2 weeks! It was a roof reseal for pete's sake ~ doesn't take that long and isn't that time/labor intensive.

I feel for anyone that has to repeatedly take their unit back to the dealer or repair facility. It just isn't fun.

Good luck with the Montana ~ they have some sweet floorplans
Not to high jack this thread, but can I asked what CW charged you for cleaning and coating your roof?......
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 12:44 PM   #16

Please Think about it!

Please look at our post on the 3025....we had our sights set on a 3056 Big horn heartland..at the RV show we drank the kool-aid that the factory rep told us. and bought the 3025. First..the day before we were supposed to pick it up we were told they had to order a new one due to roof issues that they couldn't fix. The unit is still sitting at the dealership. we had to wait 8 weeks, even though we were told that it was a rush order and would only take four. Upon receiving the newly ordered 3025 we found that the micro/convection oven door would not open it hit the wall.. was told that the manufacturer switched vendors and must not have tested...I guess they don't believe in quality control or inspections. And now the floor. for information on that please read my post entitled please help 3025... I must note here..and I failed to note in the update in the other post.. That a person by the name of Kevin in the warranty dept. at forest river...said that they are receiving allot of calls now for this floor issue...
In my honest opinion. I'm done with them If I could sell and get my money back I'd run fast and far away from this company!
Old 10-30-2013, 06:32 PM   #17

I also wished i would have read this before i bought mine !!!!

I work out of town most the time, bought a Blue Ridge 3600. Becoming the biggest mistake in my life!!!

When I took the trailer on its first trip, within the first 200 miles the header over the closet was cracked, by the time I went a 1,000 miles it was broke in 2, the closet doors are ready to come off, the latches are broke. The cabinets above the couch, shelf was falling down. Its been 2 months now waiting on parts for that, when I discover the piano hinge under the bed has bent so bad the screws have come out, ripped the mattress. Now today I discover the roof leaking in the bathroom, and water under the refer in the drawer...

Called the warranty department at Forest river 2 days in a row, still cant get a call back.....

Got better service from the attorney I called !!!!!!!!!
Old 11-23-2013, 03:07 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomjsas View Post
I would actually be interested if you report back on your experience with the Montana. I looked at them at the RV show prior to purchasing my Rockwood 5er. I'd had such good luck with my previoius Rockwoods that I decided to stay with them. Really liked some of the Montana features though.
tomjas, I DID get my Montana and am very happy so far. It seems better built than a FR from the git go, it is a hickory edition, so all the cabinets and stiles are solid hickory and it has solid hardwood fascia around the slides (pieces of the cheap plastic were falling off the FR). We have found only a few very minor issues like a drawer catch missing and are thinking we might start liking camping again after the nightmare we've been thru.
Old 11-23-2013, 06:12 PM   #19
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmall130 View Post

This will be my last post. I have sent two letters, called several times, twice on conference with the dealer, all to no avail. My dealer has been great, they are putting me in a Montana at cost....
Last post?

You didn't even properly introduce yourself but instead just went into a rant.

I'm sorry for your issues and if you had a good dealer I'd suspect your post would be different.
Although I've gone through small little issues on my camper forest river has went above and beyond helping me resolve them .
And to show you how above and beyond they've fixed A LOT of things a year out of warranty.

I think that's awesome customer service from forest river!

This thread will be long buried in a few days as we'll all forget it even happened.

Good luck with your Montana!

Turbs
Old 11-23-2013, 06:58 PM   #20

Forest River

Crusader 270RET
Everyone would no doubt agree, I have written a book on all the problems we have had with our coach. From the first time we used it we had some very serious problems. Yes, we even went the attorney route just in case. Now a year or so later and many items either replaced or repaired, we feel as though it is one of the best units on the market. Even a year after we purchased the coach, Forest River is still calling us checking on how the unit is behaving. Just recently we had bedroom DC/Radio go bad, got another one a week later. While in Goshen this past August, Tech guys came out and stuck in a new motor/gear drive for one of the slides, oh yes, it was out of warranty in both cases.
We are sold on Forest River, if I can offer any assistance with my contact, please, just let me know:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture1.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	42984  

2012 Jeep Compass Limited
1985 S-10 One Owner:
LKicklight is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel, blue ridge, wheel