Old 10-21-2013, 04:33 PM   #1

Do NOT buy a Blue Ridge 5th Wheel!!!!

After many, many serious issues and only having the trailer 21 days in the 6 months we've owned it, I've had enough. Forest River will not compensate me, extend my warranty, trade me out of it or work with my dealer at all. They have shoddy build quality and even worse customer service. We loved the looks and features of this trailer when we bought it, but after water leaks, roof leaks, slide rollers and brackets installed in the wrong place and numerous other issues, if there was ever a POS, this is it. Last Thursday, my wife closed the closet door after dressing, and when it contacted the latch the door facing fell off into the closet. This is Forest River at it's finest. Enough for me, if you're smart, look at a Jayco of Keystone, they have the best rep in the industry, Forest River has one of the worst.....

Old 10-21-2013, 04:52 PM   #2

Send a message via Skype™ to Chrisbrock
That's a shame. This thread will come back to haunt Forest River. I love my Sunseeker but if they dont take care of their customers when there are problems then this bad PR will hurt them 10x over what it would have costed them to take care of you.

I would have done the same thing. Blast Forest river all over the net until someone in top management contacts you. I would include my name and phone number in every post. Bad online reviews will bring a company to its knees

2003 Hummer H2
2003 IS300
Chrisbrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:55 PM   #3

Very sorry to hear of your problems. In previous posts like this we've sometimes found, however, that your dealer has been telling you it's FRs fault when in fact it's the dealer that has been short-changing you the whole time.

Granted, the dealer wasn't initially responsible for any lack of quality or quality control in the build. In fact, it seems like the industry does expect the dealers to resolve many of the quality problems during their pre-sale inspection. Is that good? Probably not. Do others RV manufacturers do it? That's what we hear.

Have you actually been in contact with Forest River other than they your dealer?
Old 10-21-2013, 09:34 PM   #4

I understand exactly how you feel. I have had my XLR just short of 2 yrs and it had been at the dealer for a total of 6 months for repair of many issues. Ladder not secured into anything except the siding, lower awning mounts rivets only attached to the siding, shower surround installed at an angle instead of square to the wall and many, many other issues. FR has been terrible in their response to the dealer inquiries about fixes. I have called FR warranty and customer service many times and gotten no return calls. I am selling my trailer and never buying another FR product. Due to my issues many of the families and friends we know have also avoided FR products.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:04 PM   #5

Wow! I own a FR product and thus far, it's been pretty good. I have fixed many small issues, but thankfully I have had no big ones, yet. Blast away, and maybe you'll get their attention. I will probably trade in a few years, but after seeing a few threads like this one, I'll be looking hard at other brands. Unfortunately, the entire RV industry needs a reality check on their build quality...

Best of luck with it.
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:01 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryD0706 View Post
Very sorry to hear of your problems. In previous posts like this we've sometimes found, however, that your dealer has been telling you it's FRs fault when in fact it's the dealer that has been short-changing you the whole time.

Granted, the dealer wasn't initially responsible for any lack of quality or quality control in the build. In fact, it seems like the industry does expect the dealers to resolve many of the quality problems during their pre-sale inspection. Is that good? Probably not. Do others RV manufacturers do it? That's what we hear.

Have you actually been in contact with Forest River other than they your dealer?
This will be my last post. I have sent two letters, called several times, twice on conference with the dealer, all to no avail. My dealer has been great, they are putting me in a Montana at cost....
Old 10-22-2013, 08:02 AM   #7

I would actually be interested if you report back on your experience with the Montana. I looked at them at the RV show prior to purchasing my Rockwood 5er. I'd had such good luck with my previoius Rockwoods that I decided to stay with them. Really liked some of the Montana features though.
2011 Chevy 2500HD - DuraMax (Just over 5000 miles now!)
Nights camped in 2014 - 21
tomjsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:12 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomjsas View Post
I would actually be interested if you report back on your experience with the Montana. I looked at them at the RV show prior to purchasing my Rockwood 5er. I'd had such good luck with my previoius Rockwoods that I decided to stay with them. Really liked some of the Montana features though.
Tomjsas, You got a jewel of a trailer. I'm sure you will enjoy it and if you do have a problem I have heard of no one in the Rockwood/Flagstaff plant that hasn't bent over backwards. Granted I'm probably biais on Rockwood. Even through I feel for this guy and his problems, you have to remember that this is a forum as you know. People do complain on it. Or ask why. Just remember that there are 1000's of your model out there that no ones hears about also. I hope you are going to see you made a wise choice with your 8289WS....Happy Camping... If you read the Montana Forum it is the same problems just a different manufacturer.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:52 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Tomjsas, You got a jewel of a trailer. I'm sure you will enjoy it and if you do have a problem I have heard of no one in the Rockwood/Flagstaff plant that hasn't bent over backwards. Granted I'm probably biais on Rockwood. Even through I feel for this guy and his problems, you have to remember that this is a forum as you know. People do complain on it. Or ask why. Just remember that there are 1000's of your model out there that no ones hears about also. I hope you are going to see you made a wise choice with your 8289WS....Happy Camping... If you read the Montana Forum it is the same problems just a different manufacturer.
Agreed Glenn. I'm very happy with my 8289...perfect floorplan, right price, weight and the like. My 3rd Rockwood and knock on wood, no major issues with any of them. I had lurked on the Montana forum and saw issues as well. That tends to be what pops up on the forums is the issues. Just be interested to see how they feel once they get in the Montana...hopefully they get a good unit!
2011 Chevy 2500HD - DuraMax (Just over 5000 miles now!)
Nights camped in 2014 - 21
tomjsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 02:43 AM   #10

We're a bit frustrated right now ourselves but in our case it's the dealer that sold us our Tracer that's driving DH to distraction. Camping World in Dover FL ~ say they did something that they simply didn't do. this was after having it in there for nearly 2 weeks! It was a roof reseal for pete's sake ~ doesn't take that long and isn't that time/labor intensive.

I feel for anyone that has to repeatedly take their unit back to the dealer or repair facility. It just isn't fun.

Good luck with the Montana ~ they have some sweet floorplans

Tags
5th wheel, blue ridge, wheel