Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-06-2011, 09:06 PM   #1

Fresh water tank drain location

Does anyone know where the fresh water tank drain plug is on the Blue Ridge? I put 3 gallons of anti-freeze in the fresh water tank and decided to drain it out. I have 2 blue hoses with plugs in the vicinity of the water tank but when I open the plugs, nothing comes out. Thanks
Markp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:19 AM   #2

Although I do not have a Blue Rigde my Cardinal is about the same. One of the lines is the "low point" drain for the fresh water line. The other is for the fresh water tank. Now on my unit even with the unit sitting level I have a hard time getting the water out of it. Try raising the front of the unit, that my be enought to shift the 3gal to flow to the outlet line. When you think about it 3gal really is not much in the holding tank, you may want to fill the tank with fresh to mix with antifreeze to help with getting it all to flow out.
cardinal4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:49 AM   #3

I would think this would be the exact reason many people here do not encourage putting anti-freeze in the fresh water tank. I think I would fill it and drain it a few times to dilute the anti-freeze. Before my Salem TT, I had a pop-up. The drain and the discharge to the water pump both came from the side of the tank, not the bottom. The drain was about 1/4" up the side of the tank, it hardly could be installed any lower, so it always left about 1/4" of product in it. The drains usually are not in the bottom, as they should be, if they were , there would probably be 1/4" lip for the fitting anyway, so you couldn't get it 100% drained either. As a former water plant worker, the solution to pollution is dilution.
daddyntwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 07:19 AM   #4

Thanks for the information about the tank drain. I will take your advice and raise the front end and dilute with additional water. The manual suggested to fill the FW tank (which I have never done with my 2 previous units). I wasn't happy about it but thought I would try it. Lesson learned, I have now discovered there is a bypass on my new unit where I can pull the anti-freeze right from the jug. It sure would have been nice if the owners manual had mentioned it. I really appreciate the information.
Markp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 07:43 AM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Do not dilute the antifreeze if you dilute the antifreeze then if you cannot get it out it will freeze
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote