Old 09-15-2013, 08:21 AM   #1

Help and advice on our 3025....PLEASE!

Folks we've purchased a new 2014 3025RL..we have had a few problems..but most have been handled by the dealership..or me..BUT..I've noticed our floor...towards the back of the trailer...appears to have a crown in it..up towards the sink area it is flat as can be...and solid...as you walk towards the rear...the middle of the floor becomes..spongy/bouncy....and you begin to see the floor slope downwards on each side..I thought at first it was me..but after laying a 4 ft level on the floor..it became real apparent...If I lay the level down..on the floor by the sink or entrance area..sidewall to sidewall it lays perfectly flat...I take the level back to the rear and lay it on the floor sidewall to sidewall..and it like it's sitting on a rocker...the level can rock to the left and right...when I lay the level on the floor..to the outter most edge of the vinyl..on the far end I can stick my hand underneath...it feels like you're walking downhill when you stand in the center and walk towards the slides..and like I said the floor is very spongy...I can watch our center island move all over the place while people are walking around...In my mind...this is not the way an RV floor should be..it should be flat..and solid...not crowned and spongy...has anyone else experienced this?? it is under warranty and will be going back to the dealer...I just don't see them being able to fix this..this appears to be some sort of a manufacturing issue..
I welcome your suggestions..advice..and or comments...I will add...that I'm now to the point..after earlier issues..and now this....this thing is starting to suck all the fun out of RV ownership and camping...

Old 10-16-2013, 03:51 PM   #2

3025 update

Well according to our dealership and the manufacturer the floor has delaminated which is causing all our issues. Their fix..strip off the vinyl and carpet. Take everything out from underneath the closed underbelly. Then use carriage bolts to bolt the floor back together.The use a floor leveling compound to cover up the dimples caused by the carriage bolts being drawn into the floor. And this unit is only 6 months old. NOT happy, and I seriously doubt that the "repair" is going to actually last as long as we had hoped the 5th wheel would. I've used carriage bolts before in building decks..the wood expands/contracts dries then absorbs eventually the bolts need to be re-tightened. So who is going to do that every couple of years? this wasn't our first 3025 Blue Ridge the first one the day before we were to take ownership we were told that a roof issue they have they are unable to repair..and had to wait 8 weeks to get this one, and now the floor is a mess. I have lost all faith in Forest River and their ability to make a sound well constructed trailer capable of years of use. We are at a loss right now other than the fact we're not happy about the fix and are waiting for them to come back with another suggestion.

Old 10-16-2013, 04:07 PM   #3
Fulltime family RVer

IMO- it would be worthwhile to go around the dealer and contact Blue Ridge directly. There's always the possibility of having your unit go back to the factory and be repaired properly (remove the bad, put new good in).
Old 10-16-2013, 04:14 PM   #4

That will be the next step although it was the manufacturers suggestion to have the dealer repair the floor this way. I'm just shocked that it basically came from the factory like this...had to have been a manufacturing goof..no glue...too little glue..not enough pressure or not long enough..geez..6 months old...thanks!!
Old 10-16-2013, 04:19 PM   #5
Fulltime family RVer

I'm not saying that your dealer is lying or even intentionally misleading you- I can only recount one of my experiences. My camper is soon going back to the factory for a slide-out issue. When it first came down to talks of going back to the factory, we were on a time crunch. My dealer indicated that the manufacturer was dragging their feet and asking a lot of mundane questions. Very late in the process, I finally got copied on the email thread between the dealer and the manufacturer -- to be honest, I could plainly see that the fault didn't lie with the dealer.

It could be that the fix that the manufacturer recommended was based on the dealer's ability, not as much as is "what is the best fix"? It's hard to say how they came to that conclusion. All I'm saying is- if you're not happy with the suggested fix, the dealer likely isn't going to go to bat for you nearly as strongly as you need for coming up with an alternate fix. If you involve the factory directly, you'll at least be able to make your case (especially with your past experience with carriage bolts).
Old 10-16-2013, 04:38 PM   #6

Excellent points..I really never considered the manufacturer suggestion based on the dealers abilities...makes good sense. Something else I'm wondering about...could the reason for the crown in the floor be due to the pressure from the walls as they sit on the floor outside of the frame rails. The separation of the floor combined with the weight of the walls roof etc cause the floor to bubble up in the middle. Now trying to get carriage bolts to bring the plies together I have to wonder if they are able to draw them together, where will the floor have room to move. It would naturally, I think try and move out to the sides...and meet resistance with the walls. Kinda like chasing a bubble in paint. And if there isn't any where for it to go, would it then start to pull up from the floor joists and just cause a solid bubble/crown in the floor. I may be over thinking all this but I've got a few years under my belt and I'm just not sure how ya fix something like this.BUT I do appreciate your suggestions... and I will keep them all in mind! again ..Thanks!!!
Old 10-16-2013, 04:45 PM   #7
Fulltime family RVer

Now you're thinking past my ability. I'm just a lowly computer guy!

Good luck, though.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:31 PM   #8

A NEW UPDATE on our Blue Ridge 3025

After 3 weeks at the dealership...they have found the problem...or what has caused the crown in the main floor. The floor was never fastened down to the frame cross members. It appears, by what the mechanic told me to be bolted down on the perimeter, but nothing on the frame cross members. So that plan from the factory it to bolt it down. During this process the mechanic called the factory back to get permission and authorization to add additional cross members as he told me there was not enough support. And the factory authorized the work. Now it will be interesting to see if bolting this down and adding all the additional support/cross members will take the bow or crown all the way out of the floor...or just chase it around, like a bubble out from underneath a sticker or decal....or if we'll end up with a floor that looks and feels like it's warped all over. I really feel like I've been lied to...the factory rep talked us out of the Heartland..telling us the engineering, the technology the development and the manufacturing is better than Heartland..I trusted him..now I feel like I have an experiment on wheels...and who knows how long any of this will last....very..VERY upset at Forest River.
Old 12-13-2013, 01:12 PM   #9

We have had an issue where you could see the heads of the floor screws pushing on the linoleum. Road vibrations caused the screws to back out. Dealership removed underbelly cover and pulled the screws back into place. Just a thought. You may have same issue.
Old 12-13-2013, 01:28 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by davids0n55 View Post
Folks we've purchased a new 2014 3025RL..we have had a few problems..but most have been handled by the dealership..or me..BUT..I've noticed our floor...towards the back of the trailer...appears to have a crown in it..up towards the sink area it is flat as can be...and solid...as you walk towards the rear...the middle of the floor becomes..spongy/bouncy....and you begin to see the floor slope downwards on each side..I thought at first it was me..but after laying a 4 ft level on the floor..it became real apparent...If I lay the level down..on the floor by the sink or entrance area..sidewall to sidewall it lays perfectly flat...I take the level back to the rear and lay it on the floor sidewall to sidewall..and it like it's sitting on a rocker...the level can rock to the left and right...when I lay the level on the floor..to the outter most edge of the vinyl..on the far end I can stick my hand underneath...it feels like you're walking downhill when you stand in the center and walk towards the slides..and like I said the floor is very spongy...I can watch our center island move all over the place while people are walking around...In my mind...this is not the way an RV floor should be..it should be flat..and solid...not crowned and spongy...has anyone else experienced this?? it is under warranty and will be going back to the dealer...I just don't see them being able to fix this..this appears to be some sort of a manufacturing issue..
I welcome your suggestions..advice..and or comments...I will add...that I'm now to the point..after earlier issues..and now this....this thing is starting to suck all the fun out of RV ownership and camping...
I feel your pain,, our Ridgeview had the same floor crown and was never completely correct even with a trip back to the factory, I had a 2" crown in just over 5' of floor, the cause... well the engineers at FR thought that just bolting down the perimeter was good enough, the problem was the outriggers stopped 6" short of the outside wall, so the weight of the walls pulled out the perimeter bolts enough to cause the positive camber in the floor. Good luck, we finally gave up and traded.