Old 08-07-2015, 09:43 PM   #1

How many Blue Ridge owners out there?

I own a 2014 Blue Ridge 3025. I am just curious as to how many others own a Blue Ridge. FYI, what I have been able to find out is that the Cardinal came as a 2 part package. You could order a Cardinal LE or an LX model which had a few extra items. FR decided to rename the LE as a Blue Ridge. The LX is strictly a Cardinal. They both are assembled at the same factory. I am completely satisfied with my 3025. I know their are differences between the models number one being exposed versus hidden door hinges and a plastic bathroom sink compared to the moulded sink on the Cardinal. All things aside I have a well built unit. I have added a cedar lined closet( a Cardinal basic), slide toppers ( which became an option in 2015), an A/C- heat pump 15k unit and am thinking about purchasing the pull down Day/Night blinds for the windows. Never liked the pleated shades even in our 2001 HR 5er. Regardless, I would like to hear from fellow BL owners. I should add that a good friend of mine owns the Cardinal/Blue Ridge website. There is a lot of good info and people on the site as well as here on FROG. RVing is a life style. Enjoy as it as much as you can!

Old 08-07-2015, 10:50 PM   #2

I bought a 2015 3025RL fully loaded w/washer dryer & fireplace, I have had several minor issues and 1 major issue.

> shower was improperly sealed - repaired myself

> all the piping under sink was loose with tail pipe piece cut to short, replaced with new piping myself.

> the folding dining room chairs screws were too short on folding chairs and they came apart - repaired myself.

> Excessive flex , in the front cap - was in the shop for 5 weeks for repair, welded more support gussets and installed longer fasteners. They are replacing all of the closet & shelving woodwork - having that done between trips.

we have pulled around 7500 miles so far and leaving from Louisiana headed to California this Sunday.

It's very comfortable & livable and we really like it, hopefully we'll get past the problem stage.

mlwilliams808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 11:46 PM   #3

I have a 2014 3025. I know what you mean about the folding chairs. Folded one up and the bottom pulled right off. ( The wife couldn't stop laughing.) The linkage is slowly loosening up. All involved know to let me fold them back up. I had the skylight in the bathroom replaced ( leaking) , also the bedroom slideout leaked ( adjusted under warranty). I have also added slide toppers and a TV to the basement. The Jensen radio gave out so I replaced it with a Furrion unit and subwoofer. It has surround sound and actually doesn't sound to bad. I will be installing the Moryde wet bolts soon. After only about 4k miles the bolts were real sloppy ie no or worn bushings. We were looking at the Cardinal 3030 as our first choice but could not adjust to the TV/ fireplace location. The 3025 has the identical slideout size just different layout. It has taken over a year to get the bugs worked out. These were nothing major just adjusting here and there. We were not able to get out much during the first year of ownership. We took a 2 week trip to Yellowstone with 2 of our grandkids the first parts of July and had no problems. I do like the Cardinal 3450. It has an identical layout for the bathroom forward and living area to the rear but the residential fridge ,countertop sink area, and coat closet look great. That and another 6ft in length. I should add that I could not adjust to not having an upper drawer at the sink counter. FR installed a veneer blank. I built, stained and added a drawer to this area. I posted pics on the Cardinal website under mods made. Overall, this unit is solid. Will I have to do more repairs? This is not my first RV. These things shake,rattle, bounce etc. Yes I will have to do some repairs and maintenance. But IMHO, its awell built unit.
Old 08-08-2015, 12:32 AM   #4

This my first rv, just retired in Jan, I'm curious about the mordye wet bolts, where are they located and their function. How do you jack your unit up to change a tire? Lippert says nor use axle but the frame is way too high and there is a gas line mounted on the roadside frame, I used a 6 ton bottle jack between the spring u bolts on the axle. I know it's alot of questions but it's a pretty big learning curve for a first timer
Old 08-08-2015, 02:06 AM   #5

This is our 3rd RV and yes, there is a learning curve. Also, IMHO we have purchased high quality brands. Each spring has an eye on each end. With cars or trucks there is a bushing that the bolt rides in that holds the spring to the shackle or bracket. A majority of RV manufacturers use a nylon bushing which tend to be less than satisfactory for its intended use. Morryde makes what they call a wet bolt system. Morryde makes the CRE 3000 setup which you will find installed on the 3025 5er. If you look between the tires you will see their CRE setup. This helps distribute the weight between the front and rear axles. Morryde also makes a wet bolt kit. This kit includes bronze bushings which are installed in the spring eyes, heavier duty spring shackles and bolts which can be lubricated with a grease gun. The kit # U012-016 I have found for about $88 w/free shipping. Search websites and you will see what I am referring to. Its a shame that $$$ is spent on RVs but there is $$ spent by the owners to improve them. Lippert and FR are both aware of the issue but haven't changed anything yet. I have raised the 5er using the 6point system on level ground to adjust the brakes and to install tires. Along side the freeway, as you have done, use a bottle jack to raise the axles. Go to www.cardinalrvclub.org and you will get a lot of your questions answered and its free to join. Also. I haven't done so yet on this website, I can post pics of what I have done.
Old 08-08-2015, 09:03 AM   #6

My wife and I bought a new 3600RS about a year ago after having a large travel trailer (Open Range 305BHS) and wish we had made the change to a 5th wheel a long time ago. This is our 7th RV (and hopefully the last) in 20 something years, starting with a pop-up when our two youngest sons were small.

Yes, we have had some minor issues (door lock broken, fantastic fan not working correctly, kitchen counter light fixture bulbs went out/defective, kitchen sink faucet quit working) but these were all items made by other companies installed on the RV and the dealer took care of them all, no hassles. As all manufacturers will use the same component manufacturers these same items will happen on any RV.

So far we are extremely happy with our Blue Ridge.
Old 08-10-2015, 10:56 AM   #7

We purchased our 2014 3125 RT late 2013. It has spent most its warranty period in the shop getting repairs and PDI faults fixed. Every time we take it out something else breaks or falls apart. We were thinking of selling it and going to Class A but have changed our minds, we are hoping all the bugs are worked out. We really like the layout and the 6 point levelling system. You know for the price, the quality and poor workmanship plus lack of quality control it makes you wonder how they stay in business.
149252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 04:31 AM   #8

Just had to replace all 4 goodyear marathon tires, had a blow out and upon further inspection the other tires all had the inner metal
Sticking out of the sidewalls and tread, tire guy said that these tirea were very good for his business! I purchased new 14 ply Samsons, the ride is alot smoother with them.

The goodyears had about 7k on them and I check tire pressures every time I pull out, there was no abnormal wear.

For the last 2 nights the LCI levelling system thinks that a 2-3 list to port is level

This Blue Ridge has finally turned the DW into insisting on a new unit, exploring lemon law option as I really have no faith or confidence in it any longer.
Old 08-15-2015, 01:36 AM   #9

mlwilliams 808 I understand your frustration. There are things that can and will go wrong or break on any RV. FR stands behind there product. Ryan Poertner is the Blue Ridge rep for the NW. His # 574-206-7618 or email rpoertner @ forestriver inc.com. Im sure he can help you or direct you to someone who can. The self leveling system should be covered under warranty. It could just be a matter of recalibrating the leveler. A far as the tire situation I have replaced all my tires with Michelin XPS ribs LT tires. Goodyear Marathons are a,IMHO, crappy tires. My 2001 5er had the same issues and 14 years later nothing has changed.
Old 08-14-2016, 09:35 PM   #10

We own a 2016 3780lf blue ridge

Tags
blue ridge