Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2011, 02:41 PM   #1

Need info ASAP please

Still haven't fully committed to the NEW 2010 Blue Ridge 3125RT yet but went back to dealer today and wanted to hitch it up and put up the landing gear which they gladly let us do. OK here's the burning question...plugged it into our truck, lifted the fiver up to get it hitched, everything seemed OK...went inside to pull in the slides and put tv down seemed OK until we got to the last slide...started beeping and it was very slow to get the last slide in. Went back out to unhitch it and went to raise the pin and nothing....NOTHING!!! Salesman thought we blew a fuse on our brand new truck, but we didn't and when our fiver is plugged in, everything works with no issues. Sooo he went to service dept and was told that this fiver needs a battery hooked up in order for it to work as it uses it as a conduit. WHAT??? Never ever heard of that. Is this true? I need confirmation from owners or may this thing have a major electrical problem?
Old 08-27-2011, 02:46 PM   #2

your truck might on a good day supply 5 amps to the trailer. Landing gear motor will consume 30 amps. There is nothing wrong. The service tech is correct.
donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 02:53 PM   #3

Then why on our current fiver can we open all slides and raise and lower our landing gear with it just plugged into our truck and no other battery hooked up? I am just no getting why this one doesn't do the same thing?
Old 08-27-2011, 03:09 PM   #4

A shot in the dark!!! Is the one your looking at hydraulic or electric, meaning the landing gear and slide? I'm venturing to say it is electric, and maybe your old fiver was hydraulic, don't know just going out on a limb.
2009 Weimaraner "Dog"
onequicksportster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 03:14 PM   #5

Our current one is electric and the Blue Ridge is hydraulic...well at least the slides are.
Old 08-27-2011, 03:19 PM   #6

Are you saying that on your current one, you can open and close your slides with no onboard batteries, and only hooked up to your truck, and also not hooked to shore power?
2009 Weimaraner "Dog"
Old 08-27-2011, 03:32 PM   #7

Yes we can...we never keep a battery connected as we keep our unit in a storage facility and when we occasionally have to get something out of the bathroom or bedroom area, we have to open the slide half-way to get up there and it always works and we just went there after this happened and raised and lowered it without a battery hooked up. Im just really wanting to know if what the dealer is telling me is true and if all other Blue Ridge owners keep a battery hooked up , charged or not, to raise the front end and or open the slides.
Old 08-27-2011, 04:04 PM   #8

Me thinks that the dealer is right.
If there is no battery in the camper and you are using the truck battery to power the slides, I am thinking the wiring is not of a large enough gauge to properly supply that much power without getting very very hot, therefore losing efficiency. Just a thought.
Jack

2015 Silverado High Country.
jackhartjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 04:05 PM   #9

I agree with donn and Jack, I believe the dealer is right. I cannot lower my landing gear with it just plugged into my truck, the slide I don't know about I never tried, but I will tonight just out of curiosity
2009 Weimaraner "Dog"
Old 08-27-2011, 04:09 PM   #10

I do not have power landing gears but have power hitch/ slide. Before I got my battery I could use them with just the truck power ( when truck was running)
Old 08-27-2011, 04:33 PM   #11

Did ask to have a battery put in it to try, or to hook to shore power, we also keep ours in a storage lot, and have to hook the battery up before we can open anything, the truck puts out very little power, but I have a rockwood, not a blue ridge.

Michael
Old 08-27-2011, 04:47 PM   #12
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacuna View Post
Still haven't fully committed to the NEW 2010 Blue Ridge 3125RT yet but went back to dealer today and wanted to hitch it up and put up the landing gear which they gladly let us do. OK here's the burning question...plugged it into our truck, lifted the fiver up to get it hitched, everything seemed OK...went inside to pull in the slides and put tv down seemed OK until we got to the last slide...started beeping and it was very slow to get the last slide in. Went back out to unhitch it and went to raise the pin and nothing....NOTHING!!! Salesman thought we blew a fuse on our brand new truck, but we didn't and when our fiver is plugged in, everything works with no issues. Sooo he went to service dept and was told that this fiver needs a battery hooked up in order for it to work as it uses it as a conduit. WHAT??? Never ever heard of that. Is this true? I need confirmation from owners or may this thing have a major electrical problem?

our 5er has a sticker in the cabinet where the slide buttons are and says " you must have unit plugged in to move slides in and out "
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 05:02 PM   #13

Thanks everyone!!! Your all so kind and helpful. Just got back from the dealer and they put a battery in for us and we hitched up again, checked the brakes thru the pull test, lights, blinkers and raised and lowered the pin and it worked perfectly. Oh...now Im happy again. Posted a picture of our truck and fiver hitched up on dealer lot on my profile page....not sure how to do it here yet.