Old 08-21-2011, 01:35 PM   #11

Here is my take:

We own a 2010 3025RL and are VERY happy with it.

While it's our first RV, I researched seemingly EVERYTHING/EVERYWHERE and came to this conclusion:

Your dealer will make or break your purchase decision.

A good dealer will explain >everything< and find answers for the questions they don't know.

They will be there after the sale to help with whatever your issues may be.

They will also do a complete and thorough PDI and fix those minor issues that turn into major ones when overlooked/ignored and sent down the road.

I read your concerns here and on RV.net and saw the very "helpful" replies you received (i.e. "Don't do it!!!" & "FR sucks!!") I bet anyone can find someone to say that about any manufacturer.

IMHO, all the "[Insert mfg name] sucks" threads seem to have a common theme: lack of dealer attention to detail. Why? Seems to this newbie that the RV industry relies heavily on the dealer to do a PDI that consists of more than just a wash, wax, and fluid level check (like when you buy a new car) Basically, the RV arrives on the lot incomplete in some ways.

Choose your dealer CAREFULLY, quiz them like it was an interview to babysit your first child, and ask around about their reputation (good or bad). Then I would say you can buy with confidence.

Personally, I've had no major issues with our BR. Any issues to date were very minor and easily resolved with an email to FR or a phone call to my dealer.

A 2010 should have an M-Tec frame as opposed to a Lippert (although Lippert just recently bought M-Tec so....) That was my only major concern entering the shopping phase. Once we settled on a FR product, we changed our focus to the dealer issue.

So far, so good.

Good luck with your decision.

Old 08-21-2011, 07:08 PM   #12

I think you are so correct. You can find more complainers that post as an outlet to their frustration with issues that can be addressed in due time. At least most of the time.
Nothing is perfect, even RV's, and it can be time consuming, I agree.
We bought a 2012 blue ridge and although we love it and actually have people stop by asking to see inside, it is not without it's problems. But we have a great dealer with a fabulous service department that really care and try to help on every issue. That is the key.
If you like what you see, can make an informed decision based on good knowledge of the product, have good after purchase support with people you respect and who respect you, and if you can see a future of happy days in the RV then you'll make a good decision. Happy travels!

Old 09-09-2011, 01:54 AM   #13
Site Team

May I ask what the outcome was? Just curious if you got it and been camping yet.

Take care,
T.

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 10:41 AM   #14

I can't comment on that particular RV but can tell you that there were no problems getting the hydraulics on our 2011 G'town (made by FR) fixed under warranty while we were on the road. We were in Texas and our dealer is in Ohio.

You need to find out how much warranty is left though. I think the general warranty by the manufacturer is only one year.

Enjoying the great outdoors with one hubby and 2 boxers!
2011 Georgetown 280DS
2010 Jeep Wangler 4x4 Toad
KarenS144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 05:25 PM   #15

Thumbs up Blue Ridge Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike06081969 View Post
Soft deleted per OP's request. He mistakenly blamed the MFR

Sorry to hear about your issues. All I can say is that we love our 2012 Blue Ridge. We had a great time in it this summer and look forward to being snowbirds in it this winter, which we hope is soon.
That's not to say we have not had a few issues but we have a great team at Field of Dreams in Calgary that helps us fix it and get things going. There was seal issues and others but nothing that stopped us from picking it up on a weekend and bringing it back to them on the Sunday night. It boiled down to us trusting them and recognizing they didn't build it but they can service it and stand by us.
As for Blue Ridge themselves, we know that it is production line construction but from the other units we've seen and the quality we have at the price we paid, we can't do better.
Hope you can find the same type of team to help you where you are. Customer support is everything.
Old 12-31-2011, 10:16 AM   #16
Alberta Camper

Everyone

Grums is correct, in my mind Blue Ridge is the best value for the buck, and I have had my issues with our 3600RS but the dealer made it all ok, and now we enjoy without any issues. All R.V's come with issues, it just the more option you have the more chances for something not to work. I consider the Blue Ridge to be upper scale, and I expect the dealer that sells these unit understands that as well.
2011Camping 40 Nights

Brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:05 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave
Everyone

Grums is correct, in my mind Blue Ridge is the best value for the buck, and I have had my issues with our 3600RS but the dealer made it all ok, and now we enjoy without any issues. All R.V's come with issues, it just the more option you have the more chances for something not to work. I consider the Blue Ridge to be upper scale, and I expect the dealer that sells these unit understands that as well.
I have a 3600RS I am working the kinks out. Both ACunits, electric entrance plug and now a twisted truss.