Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2011, 11:56 AM   #1

So depressed...

I really love the size and floorplan and price that the dealer has offered to us on the 3125RT, but still so upset with the negative reviews I have seen on here. Is there no one here that owns a Blue Ridge and has used it many times in many different weather conditions that has something positive to say about it?
sacuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 02:29 PM   #2

i don't own the the same trailer.
generally, u will hear more abt the bad than the good. i don't believe most of us are trying to be negative as much as we are trying to share problems and solutions.
one dealer told me that it doesn't matter which trailer u buy, they all have their own set of quirks. the great majority are minor. none of them are going to fall apart on u.
i've been guilty of making comments abt my own trailer. mostly, i was fishing for a solution to a problem that others have solved. i'm well pleased with my trailer.
enjoy ur trailer, it should give u many years of satisfaction. the negatives? take them more as looking for and sharing solutions.
jimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 02:52 PM   #3
Site Team

This is a long shot but could your dealer arrange a meeting or telephone conference with a couple of owners that brought the trailer you are considering?

Try checking RV repairs shops and see if they are able to shed some light on the history on this trailer in comparison to history on similar trailers.

Only you can decide if this trailer is right for you. How long has this line of trailer been in production? If there's a big problem I wouldn't expect them to keep making a line of lemons year after year after year.

If it was me I wouldn't rule out this trailer yet but I might want to keep doing my research. You could use more feedback from a larger group of owners to get a good feel of what to expect.

We all take chances when buying an RV. A few of us will be disappointed while the rest will be happy campers.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 02:55 PM   #4

Thank you for your quick reply. We have not yet purchased, but are considering as the length, floorplan and price are perfect for us. We currently own a Starcraft Aruba which is trouble free but want the double slide in the rear. I understand what your saying as people don't tend to get on these forums unless they have major issues...myself included. the one we are looking at is a 2010 NEW...WITH FULL WARRANTY leftover. Can you tell me how Forest River handles customer issues should they arise if the dealer doesn't seem to do anything?
Old 08-20-2011, 03:58 PM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacuna View Post
Thank you for your quick reply. We have not yet purchased, but are considering as the length, floorplan and price are perfect for us. We currently own a Starcraft Aruba which is trouble free but want the double slide in the rear. I understand what your saying as people don't tend to get on these forums unless they have major issues...myself included. the one we are looking at is a 2010 NEW...WITH FULL WARRANTY leftover. Can you tell me how Forest River handles customer issues should they arise if the dealer doesn't seem to do anything?
forest river is top notch in customer satisfaction !
every minor issue i have ever had was resolved completely and to my satisfaction.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 04:16 PM   #6

We are going back to dealership on Tuesday and they will have everything hooked up for us and are giving us a complete show on how everything works and will let us do it. Kinda like a PDI and we haven't even agreed to buy it yet. Our salesman certainly respects our concerns and wants to make us more comfortable in our decision.
Old 08-20-2011, 04:18 PM   #7
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

post us on how things go .
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:14 PM   #8

In April I purchased a 2011 3125RT, this is to be my home for the long term, so I am very particular about what I am buying. The Blue Ridge was more or less discontinued on the west coast due to shipping costs and the new plant in Dallas, OR. This plant produces the Cougar line as well as others. Personally, the fit and finish on the Blue Ridge is superior to the Cougar.
When you do your PDI, sit on the couch and look at all the door tops. Make sure the dealer demonstrates the lighting of the oven and that the remote for the slides and awning work, my remote did not and still doesn't.
The first change I made to mine was to swap the chairs and the couch to the opposite side, works better for me and seems to leave a little extra room between the couch and free standing dinette.
I am in the process of getting ready for winter, so many things to do, so little time to do it
Take your time and pay attention to the fit and finish of the interior.
Get rid of the salesmen for a half hour or so to better make up your mind, most salesmen will keep their mouths running in an effort to make things go in his favor.
KEEP THE MATTRESS YOU NOW SLEEP ON. The one that came in my BR was less than satisfactory.
Good luck.

Ray
RayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:47 PM   #9

We have nothing but the best of service from our dealer with minor issues with our 2010 SALEM LA and just this last week we are having water damage and delamination issues that got FR involved and thay are taking care of ALL of our concerns with absolutly no questions. FR got back to the dealer and dealer got back to me within 24 hours after our service appointment.

We could not be any more pleased.
1st, 2nd, and 3rd INTERNATIONAL F.R.O.G. RALLY Branson. MO.
1st, 2nd, and 4th INTERNATIONAL RALLY Goshen, IN.
BOBFIDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:50 AM   #10

i haven't had any dealings with Forest River. all of my complaints were handled by my dealer (purchased my trailer new in 2002). the issues were aggravating but nothing major. things like water leaks around tub faucet, leak on kitchen faucet, burnt out heating element in hot water heater. all minor and eaisly fixed. (i bought the trailer at a rv show, apparently someone had turned the hw heater on empty at some point).

have them actually set it up and walk around in it. make sure everything works. make sure they have water connected and look around for leaks. try to look beyond the cosmetic...see how the floor feels to walk on. try setting the trailer up ur self as well.

if there is anything u may want to add "later", make sure u can. ie a ladder...has to have the support in the wall to do that. 2nd air...comes wired to do that.
jimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 12:35 PM   #11

Here is my take:

We own a 2010 3025RL and are VERY happy with it.

While it's our first RV, I researched seemingly EVERYTHING/EVERYWHERE and came to this conclusion:

Your dealer will make or break your purchase decision.

A good dealer will explain >everything< and find answers for the questions they don't know.

They will be there after the sale to help with whatever your issues may be.

They will also do a complete and thorough PDI and fix those minor issues that turn into major ones when overlooked/ignored and sent down the road.

I read your concerns here and on RV.net and saw the very "helpful" replies you received (i.e. "Don't do it!!!" & "FR sucks!!") I bet anyone can find someone to say that about any manufacturer.

IMHO, all the "[Insert mfg name] sucks" threads seem to have a common theme: lack of dealer attention to detail. Why? Seems to this newbie that the RV industry relies heavily on the dealer to do a PDI that consists of more than just a wash, wax, and fluid level check (like when you buy a new car) Basically, the RV arrives on the lot incomplete in some ways.

Choose your dealer CAREFULLY, quiz them like it was an interview to babysit your first child, and ask around about their reputation (good or bad). Then I would say you can buy with confidence.

Personally, I've had no major issues with our BR. Any issues to date were very minor and easily resolved with an email to FR or a phone call to my dealer.

A 2010 should have an M-Tec frame as opposed to a Lippert (although Lippert just recently bought M-Tec so....) That was my only major concern entering the shopping phase. Once we settled on a FR product, we changed our focus to the dealer issue.

So far, so good.

Good luck with your decision.
45 ACP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 06:08 PM   #12

I think you are so correct. You can find more complainers that post as an outlet to their frustration with issues that can be addressed in due time. At least most of the time.
Nothing is perfect, even RV's, and it can be time consuming, I agree.
We bought a 2012 blue ridge and although we love it and actually have people stop by asking to see inside, it is not without it's problems. But we have a great dealer with a fabulous service department that really care and try to help on every issue. That is the key.
If you like what you see, can make an informed decision based on good knowledge of the product, have good after purchase support with people you respect and who respect you, and if you can see a future of happy days in the RV then you'll make a good decision. Happy travels!
Grums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:54 AM   #13
Site Team

May I ask what the outcome was? Just curious if you got it and been camping yet.

Take care,
T.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 10:41 AM   #14

I can't comment on that particular RV but can tell you that there were no problems getting the hydraulics on our 2011 G'town (made by FR) fixed under warranty while we were on the road. We were in Texas and our dealer is in Ohio.

You need to find out how much warranty is left though. I think the general warranty by the manufacturer is only one year.

Enjoying the great outdoors with one hubby and 2 boxers!
2011 Georgetown 280DS
2010 Jeep Wangler 4x4 Toad
KarenS144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 05:25 PM   #15

Thumbs up Blue Ridge Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike06081969 View Post
Soft deleted per OP's request. He mistakenly blamed the MFR

Sorry to hear about your issues. All I can say is that we love our 2012 Blue Ridge. We had a great time in it this summer and look forward to being snowbirds in it this winter, which we hope is soon.
That's not to say we have not had a few issues but we have a great team at Field of Dreams in Calgary that helps us fix it and get things going. There was seal issues and others but nothing that stopped us from picking it up on a weekend and bringing it back to them on the Sunday night. It boiled down to us trusting them and recognizing they didn't build it but they can service it and stand by us.
As for Blue Ridge themselves, we know that it is production line construction but from the other units we've seen and the quality we have at the price we paid, we can't do better.
Hope you can find the same type of team to help you where you are. Customer support is everything.
Grums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 10:16 AM   #16
Alberta Camper

Everyone

Grums is correct, in my mind Blue Ridge is the best value for the buck, and I have had my issues with our 3600RS but the dealer made it all ok, and now we enjoy without any issues. All R.V's come with issues, it just the more option you have the more chances for something not to work. I consider the Blue Ridge to be upper scale, and I expect the dealer that sells these unit understands that as well.
2011Camping 40 Nights

Brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:05 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave
Everyone

Grums is correct, in my mind Blue Ridge is the best value for the buck, and I have had my issues with our 3600RS but the dealer made it all ok, and now we enjoy without any issues. All R.V's come with issues, it just the more option you have the more chances for something not to work. I consider the Blue Ridge to be upper scale, and I expect the dealer that sells these unit understands that as well.
I have a 3600RS I am working the kinks out. Both ACunits, electric entrance plug and now a twisted truss.
Rfolds is offline   Reply With Quote