Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2012, 06:37 PM   #1

SOLVED - 3125 Blue Ridge

My wife and I just traded our 2002 Jayco Designer for a Blue Ridge 3125. I really wanted to stay with Jayco or Excel just from past but what you here anymore as that all of them have went down in quality. Our dealer that we dealt with for yrs had us convinced that the Blue Ridges were great units. We have been out camping twice in 30 days that we have owned it and it has been disasterous at best. First time out, major water leak flooded under storage area, front jacks stopped working on the remote, GFI outlets kept popping and water inlet service door was misaligned so you couldnt shut door with hose attached. I fixed water leak myself (rubber washer sloppy installed on shower cold water folded over). Dealer picked up and delivered week later and said Forrest River will not just send parts to fix jacks. they wanted dealer to be a guinea pig and buy a capacitor from Radio Shack and install and see if fixes jacks,it did not. Now they want me to wait till fall and just let them have it until they can find fix for it. The jacks extend with remote until they start to load and raise vehicle and then they reverse. Will not lift a load. Outside switch worked fine.

We hook up this weekend, NO slide outs work, NO awning works, NO rear jacks work, NO front jacks works. With either the remote or with switches. I had to manually crank to set everything up. I know, not a big deal, but at $45,000, it is a big deal.

I called dealer, told them to come and get this POS outta my shop, I never wanna see it again and I want something different. I am not confident that Forrest River can build a product that is reliable. People will argue this and that is fine, I am an aircraft mechanic, we have to do things right and are held responsible up to and including jail/prison time if found negligent so I really have no patience for non performance. Thanks! Have a great day!
latemodel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 06:42 PM   #2

I might add that I troubleshot the front and rear jacks, awning and slides. All grounds were good and fuses good. The problem was within the remote control box as it was trying to keep all of the motors for these items running in retraction constanstly. I pulled all fuses. Who knows, all 3 motors for these items might possibly be burned up now as well. I could here all motors humming and strange this is 15 amp fuses didnt blow. Im guessing the capacitor they added as a 'fix' possibly spiked an IC circuit inside controller and a low voltage was being fed at all times. Dealer called and said he is going to try and get Blue Ridge to warranty and swap out entire RV.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:48 PM   #3
Site Team - Lou

Kurt,

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Please be sure to post the resolution to your problem as well as the problem. If the dealer and FR come through to your satisfaction; don't forget to come back and post that too.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:26 PM   #4

UPDATE - After a rather heated conversation with dealer, the owner called me and we discussed problems. He was not impressed with situation I am in (I truly hope he was sincere and I think he was). This morning he climbed the corp ladder at Forrest River and he called me this afternoon with the following. 1) A driver will pick up my RV tomorrow at 8:30, 2) Forrest River is sending a complete remote control unit with all controls via overnight to be installed tomorrow. During install an engineer wants to be a part of troubleshooting to be sure all problems are handled. 3) All accessories controlled by this box (frt jacks, rear jacks, awning, slides) will be warrantied in the future against any and all problems, no questions asked (huh???, thought that was a warranty), fixing numerous wood trim items that are coming loose, refixing water service hook door alignment problem and a few other items, detailing RV and redelivering unit hopefully by end of week. We shall see. Keep ya all posted!
Old 06-20-2012, 09:58 PM   #5

Sounds like you did some good. Keep us posted on the outcome. Good luck. You'll love your BR if you ever get all the kinks worked out of it.
2008 F-250 Lariat 4x4 6.4 Powerstroke
Firestone Ride-Rites w/cab control
mike06081969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 05:47 PM   #6

Was the outcome of this problem satisfactory? What is the latest?
Master Blaster of the Navy
BigTJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:22 PM   #7

Can I get your contact information for service person @ FR Industries?
frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:48 PM   #8

sounds like
i come
i vent
i go
brianj
take us
tncruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 03:14 PM   #9
phat phrog stunt crew

maybe he is out camping. or picking up roadside trash as part of a prison work detail (if things werent repaired as stated)
dwaynerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:27 AM   #10

Wow gotta apologize about not replying the fixes, Sorry folks. The factory assigned an engineer to the project with the dealer. After 20 days in shop, the engineer wanted to move the remote receiver unit thinking it might be creating rf interference. Problem still occurred, not fixed. Then they wanted to change the fwd jack motor, PROBLEM RECTIFIED!! The motor internal wire windings were wound in such a fashion that they created a signal similar to the remote frequency, whether running or not! The dealer and factory eng were both great. The dealer offered taking the unit back and scratching entire deal. I declined as I had already installed my generator and numerous other items. The unit sits in a heated aircraft hangar and yesterday pulled out to ready for upcoming softball season. Have a new leak on fwd grey water tank/valve that I need to look into but everything worked. I still think that the factory needs a complete QC revamping but they did stand behind their product. Honestly tho, the way everything is built in today's world, what doesn't. Again I apologize for not responding with the fixes. Thanks and feel free to ask questions if interested!

Tags
blue ridge, led pad