Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2011, 09:55 PM   #1
Alberta Camper

Took delivery of our 2011 Blue Ridge 3600rs

Today was a good day. I got to play in my new unit. Boy, is it ever nice. No issues so far, I am keeping my fingers crossed. We has it delivered to our lake lot and will use it there till we go away in August. Any body else got this model and had any issues?
2011Camping 40 Nights

Brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 10:01 PM   #2
Alberta Camper

Here is ready for beer and sunshine
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2053122232.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	5663  
2011Camping 40 Nights

Old 05-13-2011, 07:28 AM   #3

Nice.. which lake?
TitanFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:25 AM   #4

Smile Fellow 3600rs owner

Congratulations. We took ownership of ours May 12th in Calgary. We have had it out 3 times and have had a few issues although we love the unit and had the ability to make a few changes like putting in a queen instead of a king and doing s fabric couch instead of all leather in the living room. We were very pleased with the change in colors as well. Instead of the grey exterior with the red splash ours in beige with gold and brown accents. Love it!
Anyway a few items we've been dealing with is the the rubber around two slides keep coming off like totally off and end up sitting on to of the slide when the slides are pulled in. Also our vacuum is not connected to anything at all. So our first tour missed a few items like where the galley release was located. Had to scamper to find it when the water backed up in the kitchen sink.
Also our counter tops came scratched but thanks to the great team at Field of Dreams in Calgary, the issues get addressed. Just wish I wasn't a regular there. How is your unit and what gave you found? Please share. Cheers.
Grums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 01:39 PM   #5
Alberta Camper

Grums

welcome, and I like the changes you made to your RV. My wife was not sold on the leather either, but due to having dogs, leather is easier to look after. Happy camping and hope to pass you on the road.
2011Camping 40 Nights

Old 10-07-2012, 04:25 AM   #6

funny i have the same unit same problems and 10xs more as well. purchased 2 2011 and have had the factory ex another 1 yr war. because of all the issues. wondering how you are doing now
never will we ever buy another
mudduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:01 AM   #7
Alberta Camper

Well, we had a good year. No major issues, and I am much happier with unit. My issue now is the poor service by my dealer. I put him on final notice. Their customer skills are little to none. I won't mention their name ( Allstar RV in Sherwood Park AB.) dam that slipped out. But I am much happier with the unit these day. Too bad I had to winterized already. I want more RVing
2011Camping 40 Nights

Old 10-09-2012, 12:47 PM   #8

Smile 2012 Blueridge 3600RS

Well the season has more or less come to an end up here in Alberta. Great to hear from fellow Blueridge owners.
I found some comments very interesting as we shared some of the same issues. Just last month my husband was on the steps when the bolts broke. He wasn't hurt, thank goodness but to the shop she went. It was scary!
We also had issues with a noisy waterpump that failed but that too was replaced. Outside light kept burning out though seldom used so changed to an LED. The big ongoing issue is the outside seal around the slide keeps wearing through but does not damge the inside rubber seal. Very strange. Anyway, the plan is to move the silicon block inside and keep it away enough so there is no rubbing. Fingers crossed. Anyone else with the same problem?
Still not impressed with the ease of getting scratches on the dark 2012 counter top in the kitchen. Should be better material. Oh well. They did change the color to a lighter whitish color for the new ones just out.
Small other items not worth mentioning but were all totally addressed by the great staff at Field of Dreams which strange enough, is the sister company of Allstar in Sherwood Park. We can even reach our guys Dean or Graham when we are on the road and they always call us back next to immediately and if not someone else does. Great customer service. Too bad the corporate policy is not across the board.
Love to hear about your trials and fixes too. Here's to an early summer although being a snowbird is kinda nice too!
Old 10-09-2012, 08:45 PM   #9
Alberta Camper

Grims, when it comes to dealers, it's all about people. I have dealing with another sister dealer in Leduc, and they are great. We had our unit in Calgary last weeks, cause the family wanted to shop at crossirons mills. Great weekend.
2011Camping 40 Nights

Old 10-17-2012, 05:21 AM   #10

We also took delivery of our 3600rs this year in June and have had it out every since here in Key Largo Florida! Sounds like we all have the same small issues. I was standing on the steps when one side of the mechanism let loose. Not even a scratch but it did startle me pretty good. Went out and bought 2 stainless steel bolts to replace those cheaper connections and all is well. I still have a problem with the alignment of the bedroom slide. Took it to the local RV dealer who is working with BlueRidge on the warranty repair for the internal rollers. More of a pain than a problem but it will have to be addressed. We love the layout of the RV and have enjoyed every minute in it. Of course, it doesn't help being in the Florida Keys!!
ot06865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:20 PM   #11

Thanks for the comments. Interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ot06865 View Post
We also took delivery of our 3600rs this year in June and have had it out every since here in Key Largo Florida! Sounds like we all have the same small issues. I was standing on the steps when one side of the mechanism let loose. Not even a scratch but it did startle me pretty good. Went out and bought 2 stainless steel bolts to replace those cheaper connections and all is well. I still have a problem with the alignment of the bedroom slide. Took it to the local RV dealer who is working with BlueRidge on the warranty repair for the internal rollers. More of a pain than a problem but it will have to be addressed. We love the layout of the RV and have enjoyed every minute in it. Of course, it doesn't help being in the Florida Keys!!
How interesting that several of us ended up with failed steps. Lucky no injury for you or I but I did hear that one lady broke her leg when the steps failed. We had the bolts replaced as well. Let's keep fingers crossed.
When you mention alighnment of the bedroom slide, is it the same issue I have? Wear and mostly tear on the outside seal (bumper pad type seal)? Be interested to know.
So it seems, that we all have little issues but still like our units. I guess in the age of mass production it's what we can all accept. Would love to be in Key Largo right now but have to wait till January to become a winter snowbird. Enjoy and send some nice weather to the Great White North!
Old 10-18-2012, 04:37 AM   #12

Exclamation Small problems that have big potential....

No, we were told this had to do with the actual movement of the popout. One side (the right side) does not start movement at the same time as the left side resulting in the popout cocking. I have to nudge the right side to get it to move. Almost like pushing it over a little detent. The RV shop told me it was due to the rollers on the bottom of the slide out not being correctly adjusted. On side is actually falling off the rail and when i nudge it during the draw in it goes into the rail. I have not seen any problems with the rubber seals so far but if the slide is not straight i'm sure it would develop sooner or later.
ot06865 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blue ridge