Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-29-2014, 11:02 AM   #1

Trailer recall

Has anyone had Forest River take your rig back to factory for repairs?
If so, How long did it take to get your rig back?
Did they communicate with you?
jkaspar20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 11:04 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

What are they doing to it?

TURBS

"SABRE OWNERS UNITED"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 11:57 AM   #3

In the past 18 months it has had water leak:
in shower- cracked sky light= replaced
in bedroom escape window=gap in corner molding=resealed
in living room= rubber seal pulled away from wall. re attached but has issues
in kitchen area between glide and ceiling=resealed roof
in door window= replaced
BUT the one it went back for is:
storage area on driver side. The RV dealership has resealed and replaced some of the gaskets. I have video of water dripping off aluminum beam , running across propane cover and to the floor.
Now the odd thing, There can be a heavy down pour and won't leak sometimes. then get a light shower and have a pool of water on floor.
The RV has worked on this issue to a great extent and it has them baffled.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:02 PM   #4
Always Learning

I've heard everything from 6-weeks to 4+ months.

In my case, communication wasn't great but I had some good sit down discussion with the warranty manager about it later (and hope they'll get better because of it). I did communicate directly with the manufacturer and basically left my dealer out of the loop (they were a big fat zero).
Old 08-29-2014, 04:37 PM   #5

Well, I got a call today. supposedly went into repair facility Aug. 27th.
Was told 3 to 4 weeks. definite wall replacement and any other defects they find. It left for repair facility on the 12th and this was the first communication I have received from Forest River. finally,
Old 08-29-2014, 07:52 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkaspar20 View Post
Well, I got a call today. supposedly went into repair facility Aug. 27th.
Was told 3 to 4 weeks. definite wall replacement and any other defects they find. It left for repair facility on the 12th and this was the first communication I have received from Forest River. finally,
Mine (sabre) goes back this fall so I following this. Mine is for a slide wall crack. Hopefully all goes well and I lose no camping from it. Keep posting updates if you would.
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 03:15 PM   #7

Call a call from Forest River today,
Our Blue Ridge Trailer issues have been resolved and is going for final Quality Control check/ test before being shipped back to us. :-) We should (barring any further issues) have it back by the 19 of September
Forest River had it in repair facility for 12 working days
Old 09-23-2014, 10:42 PM   #8

Well, I got a call today. FR did QC on Monday. Looks like it will be on it's way back by Friday this week.
Old 10-13-2014, 06:28 AM   #9

Got it back on Oct 3rd. After replacing both walls and roof. It LEAKS even more now than ever. looks like a river running in the storage compartment. What a bummer, unit tied up for 3 months. FR tells me to take back to dealer to fix. I thought that was why it went back to factory. What a Forest!
A BIG letdown after all the hype
Old 10-13-2014, 09:06 AM   #10
DDC

I think you need to go up the ladder with this one, how on earth did they fail so badly, I think you have everyone who buys an RV's nightmare hope you tell them to pick it up again and deliver it back when they know it is fixed.Good luck.
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 08:16 PM   #11

Just over a year ago we had some extensive water damage on our unit. Forest River stepped right up and and offered full repair at the factory. They picked it up in April and had for a few weeks. They replaced some paneling and put it thru QC. We camped all summer with out and issue until Labor Day weekend I found more water damage in a different area. I contacted them and they said they will cover any repairs done by a local dealer. Unfortunately my local dealt won't touch it. By the way they are not a Blue Ridge dealer. Soon I will get in touch with forest river and demand that they take it back. I am crossing my fingers that this will be the last time. I wonder if there is any chance of a buy back. I would trade it in a heartbeat by I have yet to find another camper with all the features that our Blue Ridge has. Good Luck and keep us informed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 10-13-2014, 10:31 PM   #12

It went back to the dealer today. FYI: The issues with this trailer has gone up several steps in FR organization. The management keeps saying "Do whatever it takes to fix it"
FR has instructed the Dealer to do all they can to fix the leak. If they don't fix it or can't, I have been told that it will take legal action to get the unit replaced or buy back. I don't know if this is true but I have a album of pictures and a notebook of repair invoices to back my claim.
Garmford you don't need a Blue Ridge dealer to do the work. Have FR give you the name of a dealership nearby since your local dealer won't touch the work.
Old 10-14-2014, 12:22 AM   #13

What is the year and make of the TT this has happened to?
Melissat411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 02:26 PM   #14

It is a 2013 fifth wheel Blue Ridge 3600.
FYI: There was a batch of rigs made where FR used a metal panel to transition from the roof to the sides, I have been told that there has been problem with this. The sealant breaks away from the material (roofing and side walls).
I know this for a fact that I could do this on mine.
Old 10-14-2014, 02:32 PM   #15

We're having a slide leak problem even still after the dealership attempt to fix. Its still there and dealership has advised FR.
2015 Wildwood xlite
Melissat411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 03:10 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkaspar20 View Post
Got it back on Oct 3rd. After replacing both walls and roof. It LEAKS even more now than ever. looks like a river running in the storage compartment. What a bummer, unit tied up for 3 months. FR tells me to take back to dealer to fix. I thought that was why it went back to factory. What a Forest!
A BIG letdown after all the hype
It sure doesn't instill much confidence in FR, when the company that built the unit can't fix it and are sending it back to a dealership to attempt. If FR can't fix it with their resources, how do they expect a dealer to do a better job?
ontario_camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 04:27 PM   #17

We have a 2013 model 3710bh. Ours has the rolled metal piece from the roof to the wall. And guess where I found the latest leak? The caulk from the metal to the roof had let go. I easily pulled the caulk away and it revealed two 1/2" crown staples that funneled the water into our wall. I checked the caulk around the rest of the roof and found a few other questionable areas so I removed the caulk and caulked with new caulk. The one thing that made me nervous was when I was able to remove half the caulk from around our fantastic fan with ease.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 10-14-2014, 10:08 PM   #18

Same issue with roof sealant as I described in previous remark. The Dealership removed all factory sealant and resealed. Also found staples exposed on roofing material. I have had numerous leaks and dealer has resolved BUT...
I have been dealing with the bedroom slide leaking into the storage compartment.(driver side) since I have purchased this rig. you can see water dripping off floor beam. water running across propane tank cover (inside) and pooling on floor of storage area. after return from FR factory Bed room carpet getting wet where slide meets wall. Bummer
Old 10-14-2014, 10:35 PM   #19
Plain Old Member

I know it doesn't help resolve the problem, but if possible, I'd walk on that one and cut my losses. They just don't ever seem to be the same after that much repair. I would hope you could get a buy back, new one or something for that much trouble. Way too much money to have that many problems, which is why we're looking to alternatives to the mass produced stuff coming out now a days.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 11:15 PM   #20

BigJohnD your right on walking and taking a loss. For what it would cost for legal . I could use $$ for down payment.
All issues have been repaired so far, except Storage compartment leak. They can't seem to find it. I think it has to do with BR slide. The only area that hasn't been checked.

Tags
recall, trailer