Old 09-21-2016, 08:41 PM   #1

Winterizing a 2017 Blue Ridge 3780

This is our first year with a 5th wheel and am looking for any help with winterizing our 2017 Blue Ridge 3780. Are there checklist that one can follow and are there any instructions on what to do?

Old 09-21-2016, 08:57 PM   #2

Lots of videos on You Tube on the subject. Just do search. Many different set ups on RV's depending on where the pump is located and how the WH bypass is constructed so try to find one close to what you have. You will get lots of suggestions on the forum but unless they have the same RV as you do it will be very generalized.

Camped 2016 - 71, 2017 14 done - 17 nights booked - 7 more planned
BooBoo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 07:58 AM   #3

While I don't winterize, you need to look all around for low point drains. They are frequently on the curb/door side. Where you have water inside, you will find them outside, usually between the frame and skirt.

USN Retired (26 years), but not Retired retired
Home Port Orlando
Narboza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 08:09 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooBoo23 View Post
Lots of videos on You Tube on the subject. Just do search. Many different set ups on RV's depending on where the pump is located and how the WH bypass is constructed so try to find one close to what you have. You will get lots of suggestions on the forum but unless they have the same RV as you do it will be very generalized.
This is Very Good advice! Also the Area in which it is Stored comes into play,since you didn't give Zone,Winterize for Extreme Cold,just to be Safe,and Save Repair$$! Youroo!!
Old 09-22-2016, 08:16 AM   #5

As youroo suggested, winterizing means many different things to folks depending on where you are located and/or how your specific rig is set-up to do it.

Some just drain the lines, some blow out the lines, (with compressed air) some just add antifreeze, and then some do all three. (me)

Do a search on 'winterizing' and many, many threads will come up.

If you still have a problem, let us know and we'll point you in the right direction.
TST Tire Monitor - Sinemate 3500w Gen.
Nights Camped: '15 = 22'16 = 46
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 06:33 PM   #6

Similar question

I have a 2015 Thunderbolt toy hauler that I will be staying in this winter (traveling nurse, going to Nebraska). The trailer is the artic/winterized version, but I'd like to put a skirt around it (I'll be staying put for 3 months) but don't want to drill into the siding. Is there any other way to seal the bottom? Figured to seal it and put a couple heat lights under it.........I'm open to suggestions if anyone knows of a better way to prepare it for winter. Thanks everyone
Old 09-22-2016, 06:51 PM   #7

Stealth 91, if you will be living it in the winter this would be a suggestion. I am from SW Iowa and -25 is not unusual especially in January. I would get straw bales and put them under the perimeter of the RV, pack them in tight. A low wattage heat lamp under the RV would help, just be careful where you place it. You will need to heat trace your fresh water line if where you are staying will have water available in winter. If you will not be moving for 3 months you should get a larger propane tank rented, 100 gal+. No need to do anything about the waste water lines since they can be left unhooked until needed. Best, just hope for a mild winter. On very cold nights open cabinet doors where water lines may be. I'm sure there will be others on the forum that have already experienced living in very cold climate.

Camped 2016 - 71, 2017 14 done - 17 nights booked - 7 more planned
BooBoo23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blue ridge, winter, winterize