Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2016, 05:39 AM   #1

147X Leaking bunk end

Picked up our new 147x May 7th Did our break in trip this weekend. Everything was great and it rained heavy on Sunday and we had a leak where the tent meets the trailer.

There is a lot of silicone on all four corners but there is rain coming in on this corner in particular over the dinette. . Anyone else bunk end look like this from the factory? Dealer says the factory put all the sealant there. Anyone have any issues with their bunk end leaking in this area?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6...nJIZGM1TjdDRk0

Taking it in tomorrow and dealer suspects the tent ends are too small and might have to replace both bunk ends? They said they have seen it before.

Hoping for a quick temp fix to keep us going.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/28d7443zv8...9_001.jpg?dl=0
LBJester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 08:48 AM   #2

No leaks here and mine does look similar to yours.
I have added some silicon in the corners as preventative maintenance.
Seems odd that the tent ends would be too small? You would think they would have noticed at the factory. Are your tent ends really stretched out when you set up? If so, have you tried adjusting your shepard's poles to a different setting?
2011 Chevy Traverse (traded 2018)
2014 Solaire 147X (traded 2019)
RamsFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 09:35 AM   #3

I have my Shepard hooks set on the second shortest. I don't think that its overly stretched out. There is still a little sagging on the edges. As for the the too small I'm being led to believe that they have seen this issue before on other units. It does seem very snug in the corners but if yours looks the same then maybe its just more sealant is needed. Which I'm 100% fine with. I was all set to do that myself but the dealer wants to have a look. Its an hour away which bites but I don't want this type of leak to go unchecked.
Old 05-25-2016, 04:15 PM   #4

Tried them on the lowest setting and they don't stay in well and the canvas is very loose. I think #2 is the right one.
Old 05-26-2016, 11:42 AM   #5

I have a 2014 199x (discontinued fall 2013) and I don't believe I have that. Won't be opening it up for another week. If I do I will let you know. I did have issue with seam on roof leaking and water was coming down through speakers. Dealer fixed real quick under warranty in 2014.
Other issue is where front comes down and meets bed platform. Tenting side was wicking water. I try to tuck tenting a little differently to prevent this. My tent ends are all held down with Velcro. No hooks of any kind.

DustyRoads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 05:30 PM   #6

So dropped off the rig at the dealer. They are going to reseal the bunk end around the top corner and then leak test it. They were worried it was on the roof as DustyRoads mentioned but that seal is good. Since they need it for a day or two to do that it was a good time to start on a few of the other little defects. I did mention a few small holes on one of the mattresses and my new on e showed up today so that's a bonus. Two of the windows aren't closing right (may be getting new windows but they will adjust them in the mean time) small piece of trim has come off around the rear bunk (just needs to be stapled) slow leak on the filler neck of the fresh water filler hose. I told them I really just want the leak fixed now and we can park the other issues until the end of the season since I'm camping next week. They promised it back June 1st. I'll keep everyone posted.
Old 05-26-2016, 09:19 PM   #7

Looks like your dealer is on top of it and good to hear they will take care of your issues.
Good luck and keep us posted!
2011 Chevy Traverse (traded 2018)
2014 Solaire 147X (traded 2019)
RamsFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 08:06 PM   #8

Picked up the rig tonight. Smells like a lot of sealant. Apparently the first attempt to fix it wasn't perfect and a little more sealing was required for a second night. I'm told it's leak free. Taking it out this weekend and will know for sure. Odd thing though as I mentioned we got a new bunk matress. I noticed it was the teddy bear plush mattress and not the quilted type we had. I dint really think much of it until I was half way home and my wife asked if it was heated like the old one. Turns out it is not. We used the heated mattress last trip but are boondocking this trip. How comfy is the plush teddy bear mattress? I'll most likely ask for a replacment heated one back.
Old 06-01-2016, 09:55 PM   #9
Site Team

I've never heard of any Roo/Shamrock since 2003, that came without heated mattresses.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 01:08 PM   #10

I also have a new 2016 Palomino Solaire 147x with a leaking issue with the front bunk. My issue is when the camper is closed; when I picked up the camper it was raining, when I went camping May Long weekend it was raining both instances mattress was wet on the inside...I have no idea where it's coming in but it's getting in there some how, it's now back with dealer. Also, my the tent ends appear short, material doesnt cover the end corners very well. Any one else have this issue?
Hybridnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 02:36 PM   #11

Did you check the white seal on the inner part of the door that covers the tent material? I think would leak when closed or open in my opinion but more so when open. Mine didn't leak when closed. When closed it may seal better with the door closed compressing the seal. But that's where it leaked on me. I think the tent material is short as well in the corners. I haven't inspected the repair too closely but I'll have more info after the weekend.
Old 06-08-2016, 06:26 PM   #12

So camped all weekend and no rain but there was rain in the forecast today. So I opened up and let her get rained on. Hard...very hard and no more leaks!! Very happy with the results although it's a lot of sealant. It's not super noticeable unless your looking for it. But if the end result it dry then I'm ok with it.

Tags
bunk, leak