Old 04-29-2015, 02:16 PM   #11
In general it takes time to work out the "bugs". I had a used Jayco Eagle a few years back and it flawless. Have a NEW Sabre ( Bought in '13) and I am stll trying to get it right. The unit has flaws, but I believe the service dept. at my dealer has even more flaws so it is taking a while. It's disappointing because unlike a car you get numerous issues. Just hang tough.

Nastyfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 08:01 AM   #12
Originally Posted by crs147x View Post
We traded out pop up for a 2015 solaire 147x. The trailer is riddled with flaws. lights not working, speakers not working, bad sealant, multiple broken screws in the under side. took it back to the dealer a week ago and picked it up tonight to find water running down the wall around one of the windows. In total we found 25 problems upon delivery and now more issues. Im not to pleased with the quality of forest river products at the moment

@crs147 sorry to hear about the bad luck on the personally I would request for another unit...period......we have had our Solaire 147x for about 8mo and we love it not one single warranty issue or problems... I hope your problems are resolved quickly so you can enjoy your new toy

h4kintosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 05:37 PM   #13
2015 solaire 147x

Well an update on our issues. A good 90% of the stuff was fixed. The other stuff has parts on order. But today while cleaning and sanitizing the water system i looked back under the shower while i was flushing the water and found one of the water supply lines to be leaking in the back corner. original i found some water under there when we got it home and never ran any water through yet. so needless to say i lost it and packed it up and took it straight to the dealer. so the dealer said they found no leak. well they are wrong.
crs147x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 06:02 PM   #14
IMO a used 2009-2011 is a better buy than post-recession 2012+ models... The Recession hit the RV industry hard & IMO the folks that still had jobs were the best/most experienced & willing to work harder to keep their jobs...

Last year when we were looking at new 2014 TT's both FR & Thor/Keystone products looked rushed off the line... A Keystone TT we liked had sawdust & wood scraps everywhere combined with poor fit & finish. A new FR PrimeTime Tracer, same as ours, was leaking water badly during a heavy storm. In comparison, our used 2011 was bone-dry & not a single trace of sawdust behind access panels. Either the previous owner took time to clean back there himself, or it arrived from the factory in pristine condition. IMO it looked like it was built right.

We've owned our (used 2011 ) TT for just over a year & after 30+ days of camping did not have a single problem. Before the PDI the dealer adjusted the slides, awning and did a free pressure test/ re-caulking. During the PDI they replaced the CO2 detector, battery & filled the propane tanks. We're very happy we chose this 2011 vs. the 2014 that was leaking. I'll bet the folks who bought that one made a lot of trips back to the dealer their 1st year...
2011 RAM 2500 ST Crew Cab 5.7 Hemi
2011 Primetime 3150BHD Touring Edition
Days camped in 2016-36
Days camped in 2015-37; Days camped in 2014-31

The_Rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 09:36 PM   #15
2015 solaire 147x
the worst part of all this is I purchased this 147x 3 weeks ago and have only had it home for a total of 7 days and have not even used it or packed it, and only towed it home and back to the dealer totaling approx 10km. If i dont get results im demanding my 2009 jayco 1206 pop up back and they can keep this lemon
Old 05-10-2015, 03:45 PM   #16
2015 solaire 147x
End to all the problems

So after taking the solaire back for service a second time for water still leaking under the shower. the dealer decided they did not want to keep us as a customer and revered the financing and gave me back my pop up. prior to accepting my pop up back i inspected it to find they had closed it down wrong and had torn and ripped the canvas on the slide out. after another phone call they paid for all the damages and labour for another dealer to do the repairs. so now im back on the hunt for a new trailer and have a very bad taste to all rv dealers service dept.
Old 05-10-2015, 03:56 PM   #17
Glad you got your problems resolved. I know it wasn't the way you wanted it to end but if this happened 9 mos from now I doubt you would have gotten your money back . Where are you located? I know of several reputable dealers around central Indiana. I bought mine from Coleraine and would highly recommend them. Good luck in your search.
jking46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 08:34 AM   #18
Amazing although they all plead poverty these dealers must have wonderful margins. A pity a customer service outlook doesn't go with it. I wonder where Forest River is with all of this Dealer picking and choosing how they handle customers and their warranty issues? They don't seem to have the Franchise dealer discipline that the auto guys have and universality of dealer service standards. They will suffer in the end for this lack of dealer discipline.
bruane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 09:25 AM   #19
Moderators' Assistant
The only things that the Auto industry and the RV industry have in common, is that they both sell things on wheels at dealerships.
Outside of that, they couldn't be more different.
Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 06:27 PM   #20
2015 solaire 147x
well i am located in new brunswick canada.