Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2013, 06:52 PM   #1

Can you see the problem with this!!!!!!!

My 2014 solaire 147 x. This is our fourth major problem since July. Both bunk doors need to replaced frag water valve needs to be replaced and now this. My hole front bulkhead is full of water. What's next? Getting alittle discouraged now
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1294228334.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	39174   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-707293035.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	39175   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1411086172.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	39176  
Sabdives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:01 PM   #2

Document, document. Those pictures are valuable, and keep track of all phone calls, emails, and other correspondence with dealer/manufacturer. Sorry you are faced with this situation, and we can feel your angst. The water damage potential is especially worrisome. The last thing you need is a mold situation. Is the dealer fully engaged in resolving these issues? I wouldn't hesitate to get the factory involved, too. Not to 'go around' the dealer, but to keep all feet to the fire. I have a friend with a newer trailer and a similar water situation, and he's been fighting issues for a year now. The trailer spent three months in the shop last winter, and his problems continue. Advise getting the manufacturer liaison in your corner, and we wish you a successful conclusion.

2016 Coachman Leprechaun, 319DS, Motorhome, Dodge Durango Toad
Badlands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:05 PM   #3

Thankyou badlands. I have out in complaints with my dealership which are currently working on getting my two bunk doors replaced due to poor caulking. I'm am currently informing my dealer of this situation especially considering this issue is not related to the doors. Water ingress sucks I don't wish this upon anybody
Old 11-04-2013, 07:00 PM   #4

Here is an update to my situation. I have delivered my travel 2014 palomino solaire 147x to my dealership leisure days on sept 6. So what it the date now oh yah November 5 and still no trailer. My dealer assured me all the work was done so I went to get it which is an hour away. And to my displeasure they had never replaced my front bunk end which they were suppose to do. I think they winterized it but I'm not sure. After having spoken to the service manager and doing some in estimating around the lot we came to the conclusion that all hybrid trailer they had especially the forest river ones had major caulking issues on the bunk doors. They even had one which was two weeks old on the lot that had horrible caulking on the bunk end door. I have spoken to forest river sent an email, my dealer has brought up the issue and still waiting to hear from forest river on what the solution is. I was told that I would have to conduct more maintenance. Problem being is every time we lay on our bunk the caulking splits. And no we not heavy people. So unless they want to give me a life time supply of caulking I don't consider that a solution. Forest river for all of us hybrid owners please come to a solution to our water problems