Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-03-2015, 03:09 PM   #1
Factory Representative

"Factory Rep" I use the term loosely :) for Solaire/Stampede etc.

Hello Palomino Camper owners and operators, My name is Jevin, I've been a member of the forums for awhile, sometimes I have time to check messages often, other times not so much. I'll be glad to help with anything that I can. For quick referance, or questions that you would rather ask over the phone the factory service phone number is 269-432-3246, the factory parts department number is 269-432-9791 extension 4. The main line phone number is 269-432-3271. Happy camping ladies and gents!
Palomino Pal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 12:13 AM   #2
Always Learning

Great to see a rep! Hope you're able to keep finding time to come back. Us owners appreciate the heck out of it!
Old 02-05-2015, 02:17 PM   #3

I've got my 3rd Puma since 2011 on order as we speak. Needless to say, I'm a big Palomino fan. My new 31BHSS is actually due off the line tomorrow. Do you happen to know what DVD unit they are using now? I've seen dealer pics of a few with the iRV unit which has had TONS of problems- just wondering if I'll be facing some issues with mine potentially.
dustman_stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 02:21 PM   #4
Factory Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustman_stx View Post
I've got my 3rd Puma since 2011 on order as we speak. Needless to say, I'm a big Palomino fan. My new 31BHSS is actually due off the line tomorrow. Do you happen to know what DVD unit they are using now? I've seen dealer pics of a few with the iRV unit which has had TONS of problems- just wondering if I'll be facing some issues with mine potentially.
Taking an educated guess here, but they are probably using a Jensen AWM 968 or something similar, I would suggest you call Johnny Jones at Puma, he will know for sure what they are using, his number is 574-642-3474 Puma is a seperately ran division of forest river, and I don't have anything to do with them, nor do am I part of the Sabre or Columbus division. I'm at the ultra lite division where we produce solaire travel trailers and expandables, we also make Palomini's, pull behind pop up campers, Truck campers and pop up truck campers. Thanks
Old 02-05-2015, 04:01 PM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Johnny Johns is wonderful to work with!
Met him one time and he remembered me a year later!
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 04:27 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
Johnny Johns is wonderful to work with!
Met him one time and he remembered me a year later!

Hummmm..... saw you coming and walked the other way......

(just kidding....)

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 04:27 PM   #7
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post
Hummmm..... saw you coming and walked the other way......

(just kidding....)
RAN!
He's tall! And man can he run!
I had a stolen golf cart and still couldn't catch up!
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 04:53 PM   #8

Great to see you here. I do have a question. I have a 2014 canyon cat 17qbc. I have been trying to find a water filter and so far have not been able to locate one. So I can quit looking, do they come equipped with one and if so where is it? Also my unit came from the factory with the valve and tube to allow weatherization using the water pump. I did not expect that as this is a smaller, less expensive unit. I was very happy to see it installed. Thanks for joining the forum..
whitmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 08:05 AM   #9
Factory Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitmw View Post
Great to see you here. I do have a question. I have a 2014 canyon cat 17qbc. I have been trying to find a water filter and so far have not been able to locate one. So I can quit looking, do they come equipped with one and if so where is it? Also my unit came from the factory with the valve and tube to allow weatherization using the water pump. I did not expect that as this is a smaller, less expensive unit. I was very happy to see it installed. Thanks for joining the forum..

Canyon Cat is made by Puma at the Puma production facility, thats another question you should call Johnnie Jones and ask, thanks
Old 02-06-2015, 08:13 AM   #10

I will. Thank you.
whitmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 12:40 PM   #11
Factory Representative

If you guys haven't already, and would like to, we have a facebook page - palomino rv, we would love for you all to look it up and like the page if your on facebook. Thanks
Old 02-13-2015, 08:49 AM   #12
Factory Representative

Added a couple pics of our Solaire production line to our facebook page for all you facebookers out there
Old 02-13-2015, 09:54 AM   #13

Not a facebooker, but I did check out the Palomino page. I enjoy checking out pics of the manufacturing process. And I must say that the new exterior color is awesome!
dustman_stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 03:13 PM   #14

Great pics! I wish you guys were in more dealerships so I could compare to a potential Roo purchase.
RooVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 08:49 AM   #15
Factory Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by RooVader View Post
Great pics! I wish you guys were in more dealerships so I could compare to a potential Roo purchase.

If there's a specific model your interested in, let me know, I could text or email you a video walk through of the unit if that helps you make your decision
Old 02-16-2015, 09:40 AM   #16

Good to have you here, could you do me a favor? Walk down the hall and tell your Sierra brothers to step it up? I've found their representation to be lacking.

Nights camped in 2014-28, 2015-127, 2016-10
SKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 09:54 AM   #17
Factory Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKnight View Post
Good to have you here, could you do me a favor? Walk down the hall and tell your Sierra brothers to step it up? I've found their representation to be lacking.
If it were only that simple, lol. I'm not sure where Sierra is located, but I know it's nowhere within 100 miles of us. Plus, as I'm sure your aware, posting on here is strictly voluntary from a factory standpoint. There has never been anything said, for or against posting on these sites from upper management.
Old 02-16-2015, 12:50 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palomino Pal View Post
If it were only that simple, lol. I'm not sure where Sierra is located, but I know it's nowhere within 100 miles of us. Plus, as I'm sure your aware, posting on here is strictly voluntary from a factory standpoint. There has never been anything said, for or against posting on these sites from upper management.
I wasn't aware of the distance, but I did know you're here of your own accord and it's appreciated.

I'm over two months into a warranty situation that is frankly, driving me nuts.

Nights camped in 2014-28, 2015-127, 2016-10
SKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 11:00 AM   #19
Factory Representative

FYI to you forums members, there is now available for download a Palomino RV app
Old 02-18-2015, 11:32 AM   #20

Thanks for the info on the app Palomino Pal
mot1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
factory