Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2015, 09:30 PM   #21
Junior Member
 
h4kintosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Coal Region
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palomino Pal View Post
Hello Palomino Camper owners and operators, My name is Jevin, I've been a member of the forums for awhile, sometimes I have time to check messages often, other times not so much. I'll be glad to help with anything that I can. For quick referance, or questions that you would rather ask over the phone the factory service phone number is 269-432-3246, the factory parts department number is 269-432-9791 extension 4. The main line phone number is 269-432-3271. Happy camping ladies and gents!


@Palomino Pal I have a 2015 Palomino solaire 147x do you happen to know what the weight capacity for the roof is? I understand it has a full walk on roof......but I'm a pretty big guy 6'5 320lbs I sure as hell don't feel like putting a hole in my roof when I clean and inspect the seals when I get her out of storage haha
__________________

__________________
h4kintosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 10:51 AM   #22
Factory Representative
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by h4kintosh View Post
@Palomino Pal I have a 2015 Palomino solaire 147x do you happen to know what the weight capacity for the roof is? I understand it has a full walk on roof......but I'm a pretty big guy 6'5 320lbs I sure as hell don't feel like putting a hole in my roof when I clean and inspect the seals when I get her out of storage haha

You will be fine walking up there, BUT, don't step on any of the AC ducts, those are the weak points. If I were you I would stand on a tall ladder on the side and work from there, if you need someone to walk around up on the roof, get someone that's 200lbs or below and you should be fine anywhere
__________________

__________________
Palomino Pal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 05:39 PM   #23
Junior Member
 
h4kintosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Coal Region
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palomino Pal View Post
You will be fine walking up there, BUT, don't step on any of the AC ducts, those are the weak points. If I were you I would stand on a tall ladder on the side and work from there, if you need someone to walk around up on the roof, get someone that's 200lbs or below and you should be fine anywhere

Hey thanks for getting back to me about the roof. Guess I better get a 12pack and bribe the neighbor lol
__________________
h4kintosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 03:38 AM   #24
Member
 
TaWiMa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 77
267BHSK

My wife and I have been looking at the new 267 "Ultra Super Lite".
The problem I have is the hitch weight. Ultra Super Lite it is not.
I have a 2006 Silverado Ext Cab 4x2 5.3l 4L65E 3.23
If I was to go by the factory sticker, I have a 1600lbs payload. Me, wife, kids, 90lbs puppy, bikes and Equal-i-zer = 1150lbs.
The dry weight of the 267 is 885. Then we need to add propane, battery and power jack. 1050ish. 600lbs over.
Am I missing something?
__________________
TaWiMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 11:13 AM   #25
Factory Representative
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke3EMT View Post
My wife and I have been looking at the new 267 "Ultra Super Lite".
The problem I have is the hitch weight. Ultra Super Lite it is not.
I have a 2006 Silverado Ext Cab 4x2 5.3l 4L65E 3.23
If I was to go by the factory sticker, I have a 1600lbs payload. Me, wife, kids, 90lbs puppy, bikes and Equal-i-zer = 1150lbs.
The dry weight of the 267 is 885. Then we need to add propane, battery and power jack. 1050ish. 600lbs over.
Am I missing something?
One of our salesman can help you with this, PM me your address and phone number if you wish, and I will have one of them call you. Otherwise PM me your city and state, and I can message you back the correct phone number or email address for you to contact
__________________
Palomino Pal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 06:10 PM   #26
Member
 
TaWiMa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 77
Thank you Palomino Pal. We have a Forest River dealer about an hour away. Heading there on Saturday.
__________________
2006 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab
2011 Surveyor SV264
TaWiMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 06:22 AM   #27
Junior Member
 
Mikefromnc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 13
I bought a solaire 190x is there a service manual I can get.The owners manual is not very good
__________________
Mikefromnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 09:14 AM   #28
Factory Representative
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikefromnc View Post
I bought a solaire 190x is there a service manual I can get.The owners manual is not very good
There is not a service manual per say, there is the owners manual, and each appliance has an individual manual, beyond that if you have service questions you can contact your selling dealer, or us at the factory, the service phone numbers at the factory are 269-432-3246 and 269-432-4438

Thanks you sir
__________________
Palomino Pal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 09:11 AM   #29
Junior Member
 
h4kintosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Coal Region
Posts: 21
"Factory Rep" I use the term loosely :) for Solaire/Stampede etc.

Palomino Pal are the bunk sizes for the 147, 163, and the 190 the same size? All three have the 60x80 mattresses so I would "assume" so....I'm working on getting those popupgizmos for my bunk ends and can't get over to measure in storage for awhile.
__________________
h4kintosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 10:05 AM   #30
Factory Representative
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by h4kintosh View Post
Palomino Pal are the bunk sizes for the 147, 163, and the 190 the same size? All three have the 60x80 mattresses so I would "assume" so....I'm working on getting those popupgizmos for my bunk ends and can't get over to measure in storage for awhile.
Yes the bunks in the three models you mention are all the same size
__________________

__________________
Palomino Pal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
factory

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:18 PM.