Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2015, 02:46 PM   #11
Member
 
Jennifer9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
Posts: 64
Thanks everyone. I believe where the vent is located on the outside corresponds to an area under the couch inside if I remember correctly, and there is an access door there as well.

I will check it tonight and see what I can find.

We used the camper in the fall and used the furnace the whole time as it was pretty cold that weekend. We didn't have any issues so I hope we dodged a bullet here and that our camper was manufactured properly.
__________________

__________________
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2015 Solaire 163X
2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 High Country
2009 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ
Jennifer9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 04:03 PM   #12
Factory Representative
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer9 View Post
Thanks everyone. I believe where the vent is located on the outside corresponds to an area under the couch inside if I remember correctly, and there is an access door there as well.

I will check it tonight and see what I can find.

We used the camper in the fall and used the furnace the whole time as it was pretty cold that weekend. We didn't have any issues so I hope we dodged a bullet here and that our camper was manufactured properly.
Jennifer, thanks for the forum message, as for some background on this recall, there were very few units that left without a furnace vent. In fact up to this point, and we are 99% sure at this point, only 1 single unit that we produced left without a furnace vent, which is 1 too many, but in order to be safe we included many VIN numbers before and after this defective unit was produced. I looked at your picture and you do have a furnace vent, it's the metal vent to the right of the outside shower as the knowledgeable forum members have already pointed out to you. I am also not aware of any vents that were ever hooked up incorrectly. But for peace of mind, I would probably want to check that just like you are doing. Hope that helps a little

Have fun and make some great memories on your first trip

Any questions feel free to call us direct 1-800-297-5830 extension 4
__________________

__________________
Palomino Pal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 04:09 PM   #13
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaadk View Post
On my Flagstaff it's under the dinette bench. Real easy to lift the bench and see if there's something between the unit and the outside vent. But that's just my trailer. I'd hate to try to do this if it was, say, under the fridge or something.
Mine is under the stove/oven in a compartment just tall and wide enough for the furnace. A real PITA to get to an remove which I did to rewire the blower. Also had to go thru another compartment to get the propane line disconnected.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 05:24 PM   #14
Site Team
 
Kaadk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Mine is under the stove/oven in a compartment just tall and wide enough for the furnace. A real PITA to get to an remove which I did to rewire the blower. Also had to go thru another compartment to get the propane line disconnected.

Yep, that's what I would call a PITA.

Thankfully, from PP's post it seems this was a very isolated incident. I appreciate that despite there only being one incident, they're still checking a large range of trailers, just to be sure.




Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
There's no use crying over spilt milk, unless it's on your keyboard.
Kaadk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 10:04 PM   #15
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palomino Pal View Post
Jennifer, thanks for the forum message, as for some background on this recall, there were very few units that left without a furnace vent. In fact up to this point, and we are 99% sure at this point, only 1 single unit that we produced left without a furnace vent, which is 1 too many, but in order to be safe we included many VIN numbers before and after this defective unit was produced. I looked at your picture and you do have a furnace vent, it's the metal vent to the right of the outside shower as the knowledgeable forum members have already pointed out to you. I am also not aware of any vents that were ever hooked up incorrectly. But for peace of mind, I would probably want to check that just like you are doing. Hope that helps a little

Have fun and make some great memories on your first trip

Any questions feel free to call us direct 1-800-297-5830 extension 4
Jennifer - hoping you see this. We just had the exact same repair done on my 2015 Vibe. There was no vent at all. The detector went off last fall and we brought it in and no one noticed. They sent it back saying it was okay. We turned the heat on and the detector went off. They figured out the problem today. It might be worth a recall for the Vibe also.
__________________

__________________
Lm2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
forest river, palomino, recall

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:09 AM.