Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2015, 10:25 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 30
New to us 2009 S-238

Just brought home this used unit is fairly clean except for some staining on the front bunk canvas, not sure yet if it's a leak or from condensation. I have read a little about blankets on the bunk ends for condensations????
The trailer came from a dealer but had no paperwork or manuals. Can anyone lead me to where I can get all of those so I know how all the items work, heaters, appliances, care and maintenance....etc.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	69706  
__________________

__________________
Rob2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 11:44 PM   #2
Moderators' Assistant
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 13,292
Good purchase!
The 238 is Palomino's copy of the Roo/Shamrock 23SS.
we would have bought it, instead of our 23SS, if it had been around then and there had been any Palomino dealers in the state then.
the blankets you speak of, are Popup Gizmos.
the owners manual is generic and has no info on your model.
the manuals for appliances can be downloaded from the mmanufacturer's websites.
The generic FR owners manual can be downloaded but it just gives you basic info on RV systems but nothing specific for any type or brand of RV.
__________________

__________________
Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 08:52 AM   #3
Factory Representative
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Good purchase!
The 238 is Palomino's copy of the Roo/Shamrock 23SS.
we would have bought it, instead of our 23SS, if it had been around then and there had been any Palomino dealers in the state then.
the blankets you speak of, are Popup Gizmos.
the owners manual is generic and has no info on your model.
the manuals for appliances can be downloaded from the mmanufacturer's websites.
The generic FR owners manual can be downloaded but it just gives you basic info on RV systems but nothing specific for any type or brand of RV.

Excellent advice, I would have said the same thing myself! Other then the model being copied, not sure about that, but thanks for the words of wisdom Bike!
__________________
Palomino Pal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 08:54 AM   #4
Factory Representative
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 46
One quick note on the tent cleaning, there is a product out there called IOSSO mold and stain remover, from what I've heard over the years it is the best thing out there for cleaning mold and mildew off your tent sections. IOSSO.com is the website, or of course a quick google search of the product will bring it up
__________________
Palomino Pal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 10:16 AM   #5
Moderators' Assistant
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 13,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palomino Pal View Post
Excellent advice, I would have said the same thing myself! Other then the model being copied, not sure about that, but thanks for the words of wisdom Bike!
Pal, the 23SS floorplan came out in 2006, I think. It became a very popular model for FR.
that was 3 years before the 238 model.
Jayco also came out with their copy, the 23J, about the same time as the Palomino 238.
other companies also came out with their version of the 23SS.
copying popular floorplans is common.
look how many brands have copied the 233S model, currently the most popular hybrid model sold.
__________________
Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 10:35 AM   #6
Factory Representative
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Pal, the 23SS floorplan came out in 2006, I think. It became a very popular model for FR.
that was 3 years before the 238 model.
Jayco also came out with their copy, the 23J, about the same time as the Palomino 238.
other companies also came out with their version of the 23SS.
copying popular floorplans is common.
look how many brands have copied the 233S model, currently the most popular hybrid model sold.

Looks about the same as our S246 from 2005, or S23SDSL from 2005, we started making the S23etc, back in 2002, forest river does very little collaborating between divisions, generally speaking each division is ran completely seperate of one another, the only thing that stays the same is the address that all the paperwork goes to, and thats our corporate office address. But obviosly when a company such as us is making 10 different floorplans in a unit that's between 21 and 24 feet long, it's going to be the same as someone elses in this business.
__________________
Palomino Pal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 08:49 PM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 30
Thanks for the reply bike, I will call pal to see about some parts,will definitely check out the mold and stain remover..... kind of stuck for a few days we had some ice and snow today......hopefully no leaks in the camper when it warms up
__________________
Rob2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 12:54 AM   #8
Moderators' Assistant
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 13,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palomino Pal View Post
Looks about the same as our S246 from 2005, or S23SDSL from 2005
not sure why you are comparing these two models, to the 23SS, especially when you compare the 238 to it.
the 23SS and the 238 are very similar, while the two older models you mentioned aren't that similar in layout.
i'm not slamming Palomino, but when any new floorplan becomes a hot seller, others will come out with a similar version.
heck, the extremely popular Jayco 23B has been around for years and is still going strong.
and nearly every other hybrid manufacturer, including Roo/Shamrock, made their own version of it, for a few years.

We were very disappointed that Palomino had such a poor presence, out West, when Vanguard Industries still owned them.
we would have considered them, back in 2006, when we were shopping for a hybrid.
but there were only about 3 Palomino dealers in the entire state of California back then.
and none carried hybrids.
__________________
Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 10:53 AM   #9
Factory Representative
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
not sure why you are comparing these two models, to the 23SS, especially when you compare the 238 to it.
the 23SS and the 238 are very similar, while the two older models you mentioned aren't that similar in layout.
i'm not slamming Palomino, but when any new floorplan becomes a hot seller, others will come out with a similar version.
heck, the extremely popular Jayco 23B has been around for years and is still going strong.
and nearly every other hybrid manufacturer, including Roo/Shamrock, made their own version of it, for a few years.

We were very disappointed that Palomino had such a poor presence, out West, when Vanguard Industries still owned them.
we would have considered them, back in 2006, when we were shopping for a hybrid.
but there were only about 3 Palomino dealers in the entire state of California back then.
and none carried hybrids.
yeah bike, it's an interesting debate on the floorplans, I don't have much insight as too what goes in the decision making as far as what floor plan to build and what not to build. Nobody is here from sales or upper management from 2004 timeframe, so who knows what they were doing, that's also the year that forest river bought us, so alot was going on then. Palomino, expecially back then wasn't nearly as big a company, and didn't have the manufacturing capacity to produce enough units to satisfy dealers all across the country, and canada. There is also very high transport fees bringing a unit from Michigan to California, so a dealer in Indiana would pay around 2000 less for a unit then a dealer in California. Even now I'm sure sales would like more of a footprint out there
__________________
Palomino Pal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 12:09 PM   #10
Moderators' Assistant
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 13,292
Yeah, Pal, I know about the transport costs.
that's why we drove 4000 miles RT, to get our 23SS.
we saved about $4500, buying from a Midwest dealer versus buying one out here, even after trip costs.
__________________

__________________
Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:14 PM.